No Excuse for Booing!

One of the OSU reviews also commented on a large number of boo's. Sounds like more than a smattering to me.

I wonder though if the fans were mistaken the Suh chant for Booing. I know I had 4 OSU fans infront of me asking why we were booing and I pointed to Suh and told them that it was for him (mentioning his name of course).

This is to Knapplc

I sat on the north side section 37 row 73 and I could hear the boo's clearly and I can't hear in my left ear about 90% deaf in that ear. My father, brother, and his wife all heard the boo's as well an was the main topic we discussed after the game

Being deaf its hard figuring out what direction the boo's were coming from but it sounded like it was coming from the west part of the stadium manly because again I can only hear through my right ear.

Then how do you explain the lack of audible clapping when injured players walked off the field? Surely you heard that, too? It was louder than the boos.

One of the OSU reviews also commented on a large number of boo's. Sounds like more than a smattering to me.

I wonder though if the fans were mistaken the Suh chant for Booing. I know I had 4 OSU fans infront of me asking why we were booing and I pointed to Suh and told them that it was for him (mentioning his name of course).

Could be, though I can't really comment beyond that since I didn't make it to this game.

This is to Knapplc

I sat on the north side section 37 row 73 and I could hear the boo's clearly and I can't hear in my left ear about 90% deaf in that ear. My father, brother, and his wife all heard the boo's as well an was the main topic we discussed after the game

Being deaf its hard figuring out what direction the boo's were coming from but it sounded like it was coming from the west part of the stadium manly because again I can only hear through my right ear.

Then how do you explain the lack of audible clapping when injured players walked off the field? Surely you heard that, too? It was louder than the boos.

I didn't see the injury when the BTN replayed the game last night so I can't answer that. Also while watching the replay on the BTN I could hear the boo's but it was louder in person and not as loud on TV due to the commentators talking over the boo's.

You sat in Section 34 or 35 and I sat I 37 so maybe I heard the booing more clearly because it was coming from the east part of the stadium and my section is closer to the east part of the stadium.

They didint show Suh on the Jumbotron until mid 3rd quarter or the beginning of the 4th I believe.

Also the boo's came after Martinez's INT that led to an OSU field goal where more boo's stormed the stadium and when the players were heading to the locker room more boo's filled the stadium.

I was in mid to upper section 2 and heard boos for the interception from from what sounded like my general area and into the northeastern part of the north endzone.

Was personally annoyed, but doubt more than the 5 people could hear me say there's no reason to boo cuz they were still trying.

And yes, the place erupted when Suh was spotted and then again announced. I believe most of the halftime boo's were actually SUUUUUHs but could be wrong.

I quit watching for awhile. I'm not embarrassed at all about that. If anything, I was embarrassed with how the team played in the 1st half.

I still haven't watched the second half against Wiscy. I deleted it off one of my DVRs. Still have it on another, but probably won't watch it. I know exactly how you feel.

After the score went to 27 - 6. I stopped watching the game at home, went to the store to pick some stuff, got in the car after i was done shopping and turned on the radio to hear the game, heard the fans yelling and screaming and heard the score was tied. I took my ass home and turned on the TV to see us pull ahead. I still haven't watched the second half of the Wisconsin game, i will more than likely watch it during the offseason when i am very bored.

They didint show Suh on the Jumbotron until mid 3rd quarter or the beginning of the 4th I believe.

Also the boo's came after Martinez's INT that led to an OSU field goal where more boo's stormed the stadium and when the players were heading to the locker room more boo's filled the stadium.

He was on the Nebraska sideline by the student section the whole game. When it was around halftime he turned around, not sure what for, but someone around me said, "Hey look it's Suh," and then a bunch of people around started the SUUUUUUH chant. Now I'm not saying there weren't boos, because I definitely know there were some, like from a group of drunk students that were sitting behind me after the INT and Brax's run to put them in field goal range.

I remember booing the refs as they exited the field at half time of the Texas Tech (or maybe Texas A&M) game a few years back. Bo was being interviewed on the sideline. He thought he was being booed. Got pretty hot about after the game. I didn't think the boo-birds were very loud or widespread on Saturday. Were they booing the stupid play call at the end of the half that resulted in the interception? That was shades of Wisconsin, and I could see where people might object to that play call by Beck. If their boos shook up Beck a little so that they shifted their game plan, then I guess I applaud the boos :confucius

I have not boo'd. But I have yelled, at the top of my lungs, "are you f*cking kidding me" or "what the f*ck are you doing".

People are going to boo. If your team is losing by 3 touchdowns, and you're still not pissed, then your Tony F*cking Robbins. Only reason I kept watching was hoping that the more beer I drank, the more our chances would improve.

• Fire 1

As hard as it might be whenever our team is playing poorly or when TM throws a pick, the majority of the fans need to cheer to drown out the minority boos immediately. To be honest with you, I never thought of doing that before, and it's not natural for me to do so because I can be just as frustrated as the next fan ... but it's sure taking the high road. So instead of me complaining and whining any further, I instead came up with what could be the solution in future home games.

Call me old fashioned but I preferred the days when it was just a given that Husker fans didn't boo their own team. I sure never experienced it in the 4-5 years I was at UNL. I see no reason why we have to be like all other fans and accept it. I won't say it makes a person any less of a fan but I do believe it would give our general fanbase a better and unique rep if we didn't do it. It doesn't help the team. Booing is all about a person showing their personal dissatisfaction. I won't say you can't do it but last I checked the game on the field wasn't about you. Some of the same people complaining about the lack of noise in the stadium are the same ones saying there is nothing wrong with booing your own team. Why do we want to be loud? To make it tougher on the other team. Why would we want to boo our own team? That sure doesn't help our team or hinder the other team. It seems kind of childish and selfish to me. And yes I will come on this forum and rip elements of our play and yes I will scream at my TV and cus players & coaches. But when a fan is in the stadium part of the job is supporting your team and hindering the other team. If you're doing the opposite, it might be time to leave.