No Excuse for Booing!

Oh for the love of god and the fellowship of the holy spirit, I can't take this holier than thou crap anymore! Im gonna jump of a freaking cliff and put myself out of my misery!

Why can't you fans who criticize other fans for booing or criticizing our players just worry about yourselves. You think by you calling someone a bad fan for booing, it is going to stop them from booing? Or get them to stop going to the game. Know you weren't one of the fans who boo'd and let it go.

Now, here we go with the, "your probably one of those terrible, horrible, pathetic so called fans at the game booing." But too bad I wasn't at the game, but my assistant coach was there with his 9 year old son. And guess what, his son was booing and wanted to leave at halftime bc he told me yesterday the huskers stink. What a pathetic fan, right? A 9 year old can even tell when our team isn't playing good. And his dad is one of the best guys I know and he was booing too. What a pathetic disgrace of a human being. I could care less about the booing because it HAPPENS EVERYWHERE! I've heard booing at high school sporting events and I've even heard booing at one of my baseball games with 9 year old kids. Now please stop acting like your a better fan than anyone else bc you didn't boo.

• Fire 2

Sitting in the east student section the boos were pretty audible, and I would think that's where most of it was coming from. I was getting annoyed with the guy in front of me before that for constantly being cynical and sarcastic, it just so dumb and way too many people do it at the first inkling of trouble i.e. an incompletion/lost yardage.

And like the OP said nobody playing should be booed unless they flat out give up and stop playing. As for me I will probably never boo, espcially this teams since I went to school and played with guys on that team.

Oh for the love of god and the fellowship of the holy spirit, I can't take this holier than thou crap anymore! Im gonna jump of a freaking cliff and put myself out of my misery!

Why can't you fans who criticize other fans for booing or criticizing our players just worry about yourselves. You think by you calling someone a bad fan for booing, it is going to stop them from booing? Or get them to stop going to the game. Know you weren't one of the fans who boo'd and let it go.

Is this any different than those fans who criticize the "blue hairs" for telling people to sit down and shut up? To me it's the flip side of the same coin.

• Fire 1

Bingo.

Is this any different than those fans who criticize the "blue hairs" for telling people to sit down and shut up? To me it's the flip side of the same coin.

I've never been told to sit down, but I only go to one game a year, if that. So I don't say those things about "blue hairs"

You have to take the good with the bad. Will never turn my back on the Huskers, I tried when Bo was hired, but could not do it. I watch every game to the end, good bad, or extremely ugly. And there have been a few of those.

I have never booed our team, in fact I have never booed the opposing team. Never have figured that one out.

This is a game played by kids, this is not war. The only booing needed is for the coaches, and some of them still deserve it. The kids won this game because of love of this program. For all the hard work they have done over the past year, the endless hours of training, going to class, normally making the University look good, I could never boo any of them. Sad to think some think it is justified.

Yes it is because "blue hairs" need to either sit there be quiet, stand up and cheer or stay home.

:sarcasm

This is a game played by kids, this is not war. The only booing needed is for the coaches, and some of them still deserve it. The kids won this game because of love of this program. For all the hard work they have done over the past year, the endless hours of training, going to class, normally making the University look good, I could never boo any of them. Sad to think some think it is justified

Because its a sporting event and that is what happens at sporting events. If your playing good, you get cheers. If your playing bad, you get boos. Its part of the game. The crowd didn't rush the field in anger and start a riot or anything like that.

Yes it is because "blue hairs" need to either sit there be quiet, stand up and cheer or stay home.

:sarcasm

Don't forget about boo...

Not saying you do, Po. I don't recall you ever joining in a "blue hair" conversation, so I wasn't trying to link you to that. I just think it's pretty much the same thing.

The way I see it is this: If they don't want to stand up and cheer, or are physically unable to, that's fine. They paid for their ticket, I can't deny them the right to use it. That said, if they have an issue with people doing exactly what people come to the game to do, and decide to voice their concern, then maybe it is time for them to get a little more friendly with Mr. Television Set.

• Fire 1

Not saying you do, Po. I don't recall you ever joining in a "blue hair" conversation, so I wasn't trying to link you to that. I just think it's pretty much the same thing.

The way I see it is this: If they don't want to stand up and cheer, or are physically unable to, that's fine. They paid for their ticket, I can't deny them the right to use it. That said, if they have an issue with people doing exactly what people come to the game to do, and decide to voice their concern, then maybe it is time for them to get a little more friendly with Mr. Television Set.

I agree very much with this. If they're physically unable to stand up, or to make noise, that's one thing. But yes, if they can't and expect me not to, too, then that's a problem. And at that point, it's time to really, really consider that easy chair by the big screen, because nobody will block your view, nobody will cheer too loud, and you can get to the can in about two seconds, not 20 minutes.

knapp,

I resemble that remark. I am telling you kids, you have to be tough to get old. It really sucks. Two total knee replacements await me on January 6th. I put it off so I could go to the bowl game. But in the last 6 months I have gotten to the point of walking down any type of descent kills me.

I stand and cheer as long as I can, but things change my young grasshoppers, and most of us old ratty assed blue hairs were once just like you. when you can you do, when you can't the choices are gone.

It happens to all of us, and it truly sucks!!!!!!!

skers, I'm not even close to being "old," and I can already see the writing on the wall. This stupid body changes. It gets harder to shout for four quarters. I still don't have my voice back from Saturday, nearly 48 hours later. I have to stop and take a breath after walking up 85 rows to my seats, when I used to run the South Stadium steps, up, down and back up back in the day.

My dad is 64 and doesn't shout along with me. He just can't anymore. It changes.

I don't know about you, skers, but I still feel like I did when I was 25. A little more experience to guide my opinions maybe, but otherwise I'm still the same guy. But physically, I'm not that guy anymore.

And I do not like it.