Pelini: No Place For Boos In Memorial Stadium

Is Bo being hypocritical when it comes to fans booing?  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So don't bring out a team that gets embarrassed on national television 2 weeks in a row?

This sh#t is part of the game whether you like it or not. You bring a good product out onto the field, you won't get booed. Deal with it and move on.

What good are you doing by booing?

I guess the next time I go to a high football game I'll boo the players because it's part of the game.

I guess those of you who think that booing is acceptable should have a long conversation with Tom Osborne or even Matt Davison or Ron Brown. Remember these are kids some of them right out of high school who work their asses of every week who want to win just as badly as the fans do.

I don't have a problem with critizing players performances to an extent. I will not nor will I every approach a player and confront him on how poorly he played and I will never boo the team that I love to watch and root for every Saturday. GO BIG RED!!!

• Fire 1

So don't bring out a team that gets embarrassed on national television 2 weeks in a row?

This sh#t is part of the game whether you like it or not. You bring a good product out onto the field, you won't get booed. Deal with it and move on.

I guess the next time I go to a high football game I'll boo the players because it's part of the game.

I guess those of you who think that booing is acceptable should have a long conversation with Tom Osborne or even Matt Davison or Ron Brown. Remember these are kids some of them right out of high school who work their asses of every week who want to win just as badly as the fans do.

I don't have a problem with critizing players performances to an extent. I will not nor will I every approach a player and confront him on how poorly he played and I will never boo the team that I love to watch and root for every Saturday. GO BIG RED!!!

Sometimes booing your own team is the only way to get the team to play better. The coaches know the potential of this team and it took them 3 and a half quarters to finally see it. finally someone knocked some sense into Beck on what plays to call for Martinez. Plus the players weren't playing up to their potential up til the comeback. This isn't Callahan we should expect the best.

Are these two things wholly unrelated?

Bo is displeased on the sidelines with the refs/how his team is playing/whatever. So he reacts by going ballistic.

The fans are displeased in the seats with the refs/the players/the playcalling/the execution/whatever. So they react by booing.

I think there's a similarity there. Bo expresses his displeasure by going off, the fans express theirs by booing. I think those are pretty similar...?

Personally, I wouldn't go ballistic to the level Bo does. I have also never booed the players/coaches at a game. But that doesn't mean I don't understand why each does what they do.

I chose the second "neither." I think Bo is right about the booing (shouldn't be happening), but he's also not the best person to talk about other people's behavior.

Bo has earned his reputation for going ballistic about things. I get why he gets so mad, but that doesn't mean I don't think he takes it to an extreme. He needs to dial it down a notch.

Are these two things wholly unrelated?

Bo is displeased on the sidelines with the refs/how his team is playing/whatever. So he reacts by going ballistic.

The fans are displeased in the seats with the refs/the players/the playcalling/the execution/whatever. So they react by booing.

I think there's a similarity there. Bo expresses his displeasure by going off, the fans express theirs by booing. I think those are pretty similar...?

My whole point was Bo's personality has no bearing on whether or not it's ok to boo college athletes. Sure they're similar, they're still two separate issues. He can come down on his players and still want fans not to. I feel he can do it without being inconsistant because it's his place to come down on the players if need be. The fans... well that's debatable, and a separate issue.

I never saw the point of booing, personally. Yeah, I get upset about the team's play and grumble to myself or complain to the person beside me, but never have I felt the need to yell BOOO as loud as I can. What is the point of that? You think you can motivate the players better than the coach can? Those kids work their asses off every day of the year, overcome injuries of all kinds, and study very hard to cram as much football knowledge as well as academic knowledge into their brains so that they can try to win a game for your amusement.

Give them a break and support the kids even when they're having a rough time. If you have to blow off some steam, go outside and bitch to all the smokers at halftime.

• Fire 1

I'll say no, because that one fits my beliefs the most. While booing is a part of college athletics, it doesn't make it any more or less acceptable. And while Bo isn't an angel when it comes to sideline and press conference behavior, his point is no more or less valid.

I don't think booing our own team is appropriate, but I'm not going to petition those who booed to have their tickets removed. We're all fans, but we just have different opinions on what is right and what is wrong.

Stop booing, it does nothing, dont be a jackass. It doesnt make them play better.

Thats like saying that booing a kid during a test will make him test better.

Boo a bad call by the refs thats about it.

I think a better analogy would be telling a kid he's stupid for getting a couple questions wrong on a test is comparable to booing a college athlete to make them play better. It does no good, it shoots their confidence down. These kids aren't professionals, they're 18-23 year olds. They're not getting paid $10 million to play like the Professionals, they might be on scholarship for $20,000 a year. But in case you didn't realize, that's still poverty line, especially considering the kids "work" 4-5 hours a day on the practice field, weight room, film room, etc.

Bo can't expect fans to control their tempers and act respectable all the time. I mean, shouldn't he look in the mirror and see the way he's handled himself here the last few years. I'm a Pelini fan, but just sayin'. I can go on youtube and find quite a few examples of Bo making some pretty bad choices. Point the thumb Bo. You should be issuing an apology yourself for some of the things you've done.

Sometimes booing your own team is the only way to get the team to play better. The coaches know the potential of this team and it took them 3 and a half quarters to finally see it. finally someone knocked some sense into Beck on what plays to call for Martinez. Plus the players weren't playing up to their potential up til the comeback. This isn't Callahan we should expect the best.

Do you really believe that the positives resulted from the fan's booing?..That it suddenly triggered the thought in the coaches' heads to suddenly "make" the players play better?

I hate to point to only one play being the major cause for the turn-around, but if that strip by LD never happened, I seriously doubt we get enough of a momentum shift to overcome the 21? points..not to mention the coaches stumbling onto a formation that seemed to work against what tOSU was throwing at us the 1st 2 1/2 quarters...Despite the distraction of having a sizeable portion of your fanbase turning their backs on you.

Booing/yelling at your kids/team/employees says alot more about the booer than the booie..

1258476340_thumb_1711a9btmwsddrbis.jpg