Tom Osborne - Popular Guy

knapplc

From Public Policy Polling.

Nebraska Miscellany

-Tom Osborne is the most popular person PPP has ever polled on anywhere and Bo Pelini isn't far behind. An amazing 86% of voters in the state have a favorable opinion of Osborne to 6% with a negative one. He has to be just about the most popular person in American History to lose an election. Pelini is seen postively by 70% of voters to 14% with a negative opinion. It's rare when we poll a state to find a college football coach that 70% of voters have ever even heard of, much less have a positive opinion of. If there's a state in the country that embraces a college football program more than Nebraska does the Cornhuskers I haven't polled it yet.

-Nebraskans aren't looking back on their school's move to the Big 1o for this year. 65% are glad they moved to only 12% who wish they had remained in the Big 12. This is interesting in light of the fact that in most states we're finding voters don't want their schools to switch conferences- it may be that once the move is made people quickly get behind it.

Nebraska Miscellany

-Tom Osborne is the most popular person PPP has ever polled on anywhere and Bo Pelini isn't far behind. An amazing 86% of voters in the state have a favorable opinion of Osborne to 6% with a negative one. He has to be just about the most popular person in American History to lose an election. Pelini is seen postively by 70% of voters to 14% with a negative opinion. It's rare when we poll a state to find a college football coach that 70% of voters have ever even heard of, much less have a positive opinion of. If there's a state in the country that embraces a college football program more than Nebraska does the Cornhuskers I haven't polled it yet.

-Nebraskans aren't looking back on their school's move to the Big 1o for this year. 65% are glad they moved to only 12% who wish they had remained in the Big 12. This is interesting in light of the fact that in most states we're finding voters don't want their schools to switch conferences- it may be that once the move is made people quickly get behind it.

I think he's on to something :sarcasm

Pelini is seen postively by 70% of voters to 14% with a negative opinion.

This poll was after the tOSU win, right? If we had lost that game by a couple of TDs I'll be Pelini would be under 50% in that poll.

This poll was after the tOSU win, right? If we had lost that game by a couple of TDs I'll be Pelini would be under 50% in that poll.

The poll was conducted from 9/30/11-10/2/11, the day before, during and day after the Wisconsin loss.

That's surprising. I don't think they called up many of the posters on this board. Or if they did call it was before the game. :lol:

From Public Policy Polling.

Maybe the disparity can be explained by the fact that many of those voters that don't want their school to switch conferences are not sharing a conference with Texas. Gotta believe that situation would get it back in line with 65%+ wanting to switch.