SIGNED LB Thomas Brown

Nexus

“He had a home visit with Nebraska last night and I heard it went really well. I talked to him this morning and he said he was now going to be a Husker. Thomas is a different kid to be honest. He has a ton of potential though and his upside is very high. He can run and hit and has all the physical things you want in a linebacker.”

What the heck does that mean? (fr Chamroccks post above.) A different kid? That seems like a slam from his own coach. I wonder if his hs coach was pushing for him to go someplace else.

“He had a home visit with Nebraska last night and I heard it went really well. I talked to him this morning and he said he was now going to be a Husker. Thomas is a different kid to be honest. He has a ton of potential though and his upside is very high. He can run and hit and has all the physical things you want in a linebacker.”

What the heck does that mean? (fr Chamroccks post above.) A different kid? That seems like a slam from his own coach. I wonder if his hs coach was pushing for him to go someplace else.

Ya, it sounds kind of like a slam. I dont think he thinks he should go some place else, i think hes saying hes kind of flaky and Brown isnt sure what he wants. I wouldnt be surprised if he decommits and goes somewhere else. He just seems like that kind of kid.

• 5 weeks later...

Brown is sold to us and wants to add weight and have a chance to play early, but said he would be alright with a redshirt if he wouldn't see the field as a true fresh. Sounds like he is waiting and hoping that Ford commits so they can room together.

maybe in sports its different but i'd advise against rooming with a friend..... i roomed with a close friend of mine (or so i thought)... after two months we ended up getting into a fist fight and i ended up moving out.....big mistake

Brown is sold to us and wants to add weight and have a chance to play early, but said he would be alright with a redshirt if he wouldn't see the field as a true fresh. Sounds like he is waiting and hoping that Ford commits so they can room together.

maybe in sports its different but i'd advise against rooming with a friend..... i roomed with a close friend of mine (or so i thought)... after two months we ended up getting into a fist fight and i ended up moving out.....big mistake

They are both from California and played HS football together, and travelling this far as an 18 yr old I think it would be a good idea, but that's just my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...