SIGNED LB Thomas Brown

Nexus

At first I thought we couldn't possibly take 5 LBers. Obviously Anderson is a juco, but four freshman LBers in a small class? Taking so many reminded me of when we took four in 08 with Fisher, kreikemeier, compton and Whaley, then we cut way back the next couple years. In 09 we took two (Williams left and Martin moved to DE), the next year was just Lavonte, a JUCO, and last year just Santos and Pirman. I'd hate to go that route again.

Thankfully we did take so many that year, because now we basically have Compton, Whaley and Fisher next year, with Sanots and Pirman. Nobody else on scholly. So we do need bodies. I just hope we grab a couple each year, and if one leaves, grab another to replace.

The other three recruiting services all have Brown committed to ASU. So either Rivals has inside information with him that the others don't, or they are completely out of the loop.

Sounds like he committed to Coach Rich FIsher lastnight via text message after an in-home visit.

A poster on another board said he committed to ASU thinking June Jones (who was also recruiting him at SMU) was going to be their new coach. When he found out Jones wasn't going to ASU, he committed to NU.

Speaking of June Jones... Back in 2005, my Aunt took my brother and I to Hawaii for a senior Trip. We hoped a private jet with June to the big Island, where we were going to drive around and sight see and he was going to go golfing. He got on the plane, passed out within 2 minutes.and didn't say a word to anybody.

He joked that he needed to de-stress because USC was their home opener that year and they were going to get dismantled.

Proof... yes, I snapped a pic. Also... they lost 63-17.

9iHmz.jpg