SIGNED LB Thomas Brown

Nexus

I am now really worried about our other LB prospects. Maybe we arent in it for some of the bigger names we thought we were.

This is more about Afalava having grade troubles IMO. QL, be patient grasshopers. Brown is an OLB. Same with Zaire. Rose will be an ILB as "could" QL. Four LBs. was the plan. I like the pickup.

Also posted this on the Nance thread.

I have a feeling this Brown commitment is more on Browns end. Im thinking hes kind of trying to force us to take him. I think we showed interest, but he said HE called Fisher Tuesday and committed. I have a feeling Fisher didnt actually accept his commitment b/c he said he needed to talk to JP or Bo first.

So i think the kid wanted to try to force his way in and contacted a recruiting site and told them he committed, which he may have, but i get a feeling we havent accepted yet. Just feel we are on too many big time LBs to not wait and see what happens with them firs

If we did accept it i would think its conditional and if needed they probably told him he could greyshirt. JMO of course.

I have a feeling this Brown commitment is more on Browns end. Im thinking hes kind of trying to force us to take him. I think we showed interest, but he said HE called Fisher Tuesday and committed. I have a feeling Fisher didnt actually accept his commitment b/c he said he needed to talk to JP or Bo first.

So i think the kid wanted to try to force his way in and contacted a recruiting site and told them he committed, which he may have, but i get a feeling we havent accepted yet. Just feel we are on too many big time LBs to not wait and see what happens with them firs

If we did accept it i would think its conditional and if needed they probably told him he could greyshirt. JMO of course.

This was my initial guess as well. Recruiting can get ugly sometimes.

I dunno about this. I am certainly am no recruiting expert--in fact I don't even follow recruiting very close until the bowls are over. But wouldn't Rivals/Scout/etc contact the school to verify a commitment before publishing them? Seems like it would be misinformation clusterfog if the recruiting services just went by what the kid or kid's hs coach says.

I dunno about this. I am certainly am no recruiting expert--in fact I don't even follow recruiting very close until the bowls are over. But wouldn't Rivals/Scout/etc contact the school to verify a commitment before publishing them? Seems like it would be misinformation clusterfog if the recruiting services just went by what the kid or kid's hs coach says.

The coaches or anyone at Nebraska can not comment on the recruit before national signing day. So the recruiting services only have the recruit or people close to the recruit they can use as sources. It would be an NCAA violation if anyone at Nebraska commented to the recruiting service (or anyone for that matter) about the recruit committing.

The coaches or anyone at Nebraska can not comment on the recruit before national signing day. So the recruiting services only have the recruit or people close to the recruit they can use as sources. It would be an NCAA violation if anyone at Nebraska commented to the recruiting service (or anyone for that matter) about the recruit committing.

I know that coaches can't comment on a recruit. But is it really a violation to confirm or deny that a player has committed? A simple yes/no answer? I could be wrong about it, but that just doesn't sound correct. And if that is right, well, that's f'd up. Seriously.

I know that coaches can't comment on a recruit. But is it really a violation to confirm or deny that a player has committed? A simple yes/no answer? I could be wrong about it, but that just doesn't sound correct. And if that is right, well, that's f'd up. Seriously.

Yes, I am pretty sure it is a violation. Now I don't know if someone "Off the record" may have hinted that Brown has committed but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that even mentioning if a recruit has committed is a violation.

This was one of my guesses as well, he wants in but the staff may not have confirmed his acceptance yet. Would make sense in a way based on who the staff is pursuing. The other thoughts I had is that maybe they take 5 due to a position switch. It may be that they like one of these guys at S or maybe Pirman is moving to TE freeing another spot to take an extra DB instead of a TE. Not sure, because my other guess is that they don't feel confident in getting 2 of the other 3, or at least 2 that will qualify, so they are taking Brown. I really like Brown, but I am surprised they would take him over some others. Either way, the team will be better with Brown on board if he does sign the LOI to NU. I know I will be rooting hard for him then and he does have a large upside.

Is this kid solid to us? ESPN Link

After committing just two nights ago to Arizona State, Gardena (Calif.) Serra three-star linebacker Thomas Brown has flipped and is now a Nebraska Cornhusker.

“After he committed to ASU, I mentioned that he just committed to a school that doesn’t have a coach,” Cavalier coach Scott Altenberg said. “I said he was putting all his eggs in one basket in the hope that the new coach would still want him, no guarantee. I told him all the other schools could drop you and then what.

“He had a home visit with Nebraska last night and I heard it went really well. I talked to him this morning and he said he was now going to be a Husker. Thomas is a different kid to be honest. He has a ton of potential though and his upside is very high. He can run and hit and has all the physical things you want in a linebacker.”

Brown still has a visit set to ASU for January and it’s assumed once a new coach is named, he’ll likely take it. In fact, Brown said he wanted to take all his visits so this one might not be over just yet.”