Be easy fellow husker fans...

Some of you get way to down on the team/staff when we lose a game. Remember the players are college kids. They aren't getting paid for this, what do you think most of them are more worried about a game of football or education to help through life. As for the coaches its a lot easier for people to sit and watch and then after the play say why did you do that or whatever. I mean come on, some of you get so down on the team when they lose and don't even act like a fan by pointing blame everywhere. About the lose it was the best QB we'll play all year (besides maybe Young if we go to the Big 12 champ) so just stay positive and act like the greatest fans in football.

Good point, but the coaching staff gets paid very good $, and I don't they are doing their job when we are still killing almost every drive with mental breakdowns like holding, false starts, and illegal formations. We just played the 7th game of the season, this should not be happening. Something needs to be done, wether it's discipline or even taking away some playing time.

I'm not acting. I was sitting here... gearing up for the TT game... thinking that if Tech wins... then we are legit. But now that point is moot. We aren't legit... and we won't be taken seriously this year by the national press.

Edited to add:

We didn't just lose this game... we got pounded. It wasn't like Tech where they fluked the ending to win... Missouri had over 500 yards of offense... and they killed our QB over and over.

Some of you get way to down on the team/staff when we lose a game. Remember the players are college kids. They aren't getting paid for this, what do you think most of them are more worried about a game of football or education to help through life. As for the coaches its a lot easier for people to sit and watch and then after the play say why did you do that or whatever. I mean come on, some of you get so down on the team when they lose and don't even act like a fan by pointing blame everywhere. About the lose it was the best QB we'll play all year (besides maybe Young if we go to the Big 12 champ) so just stay positive and act like the greatest fans in football.

Maybe we should accept mediocrity. This game was 2 steps backwards from the progress we made this year. We don't control our own destiny for the North now. Gotta have some help from other teams.

On the big run by smith I saw problems before the play. You never empty the middle of the field out. What were they doing? No backer there and no safety. Great call by either the MU coaching staff or an audible at the line of scrimmage.

Yep , that was way too easy. Blitz your middle LB, leave your safety at home. Blitz your safety , leave your middle lb at home. That was a terrible formation with a running qb.

IMO that too many fans were dreaming of a 10-1 season (maybe some players too?).

Lets face it we are still building for the future and this is the first game this year we have really been routed. But that's part of the growing process. There is no doubt in my mind that we ARE improving.

NU is a good team, but not a great team. A 7-4 or 8-3 season is still very likely and that is a real improvement over last year. Now is not the time to give up hope for the future.

On the big run by smith I saw problems before the play.  You never empty the middle of the field out.  What were they doing?  No backer there and no safety.  Great call by either the MU coaching staff or an audible at the line of scrimmage.

Yep , that was way too easy. Blitz your middle LB, leave your safety at home. Blitz your safety , leave your middle lb at home. That was a terrible formation with a running qb.

If Brad Smith doesn't slip through the arms of Ickes, it looks like a brilliant play call on the blitz. We were really close to stopping that. Smith is just too good. Also remember we have two outside linebackers out. Anyone else think Octavien would have made a big impact in containing Smith?

Its just a loss, were 5-2, thats pretty good for a team thats rebuilding, give it some time, we cant be perfect.

I agree ,perfection was lost against TT .We have to take this and LEARN FROM IT. It was a tough lose today. But in hind site 5-2 is a hell of alot better than a losing record. With the way OU played tonight against Baylor, I think that game will be just what we need to get us back on track.

• 1 year later...