Problems start with the O line

I have been saying it since the first game. C. Thomas is a liability on the offensive line. It's even a bigger liability considering the fact he's covering Zac's blindside. All the pressure from the Missouri's DE's came from that side of the field 9 times out of 10. Seppo's play was also less then stellar. He isn't that far behind C. Thomas. We can thank Frank Solich for these 2 recruits.

Right now, the coaches hands are tied. Murtha has a bad knee and Slauson is a late arrival, so he probably doesn't know the offense that well.

Greg Austin is another disaster on the line. To tell you the truth, i don't feel comfortable with any of the starters on the offensive line. Even Mann has his negative moments.

Seppo's play was also less then stellar. He isn't that far behind C. Thomas.  We can thank Frank Solich for these 2 recruits.

I may be mistaken, but I am pretty sure that Thomas committed to Callahan. I thought he was a last minute commit after Callahan got hired. At any rate, he sucks and should not be playing.

Seppo's play was also less then stellar. He isn't that far behind C. Thomas.  We can thank Frank Solich for these 2 recruits.

I may be mistaken, but I am pretty sure that Thomas committed to Callahan. I thought he was a last minute commit after Callahan got hired. At any rate, he sucks and should not be playing.

In a way yes but not entirely. He did commit to Nebraska less then 2 weeks after Callahan was hired, but this was more or less a Wagner recruit then a Bill Callahan recruit. Bill Callahan was trying to put his staff together at the time, so whatever recruits were brought in during that time, more or less fell on the shoulders of the assistant coaches. I am pretty sure Wagner offered C. Thomas based on film and not first hand observation. With the little time they had left before signing day, i am going to pin this commit on Frank Solich.

In a way yes but not entirely. He did commit to Nebraska less then 2 weeks after Callahan was hired, but this was more or less a Wagner recruit then a Bill Callahan recruit. Bill Callahan was trying to put his staff together at the time, so whatever recruits were brought in during that time, more or less fell on the shoulders of the assistant coaches. I am pretty sure Wagner offered C. Thomas based on film and not first hand observation. With the little time they had left before signing day, i am going to pin this commit on Frank Solich.

At the risk of being asked if I don't understand English, you just said that you could thank Solich for both of these recruits. Then you stated next that BC's staff recruited him. Remember, BC and the staff didn't have to offer him a scholarship, no matter how under the gun they were to get players. Thomas being here is one thing I WILL NOT blame on Frank Solich.

:bang I just watched the '96 Fiesta Bowl again (wanted to see good NU football again), and I just can't believe the difference in offensive line play and look from then until now. Our guys were stream-lined animals. And I know some of those guys pushed the 300lbs. mark. Are we only looking for guys that are huge? Has speed and techneque just been thrown to the curb in place of tall, fat guys that take up space? I want to go back to those days. I am sure that those guys could play line in this offense, and be able to keep Taylor upright. Just very frustrating.