Checking in from HuskerPedia

Checking in here. I have actually posted here previously under another name in years past, but I have not spent much time here lately. Now that free HP is no more, it appears most of the non-Max contingent has chosen HuskerBoard, so it is HuskerBoard for me.

I think it is too simplistic to simply say you are either with David Max or against him. While I support the HP site and avoid the Max site, I do not necessarily condone the actions of those who have done wrong in this case. I don't think anybody really does. I think I speak for myself and a number and others when I say that we simply took advantage of the split and decided to use a site that we previously enjoyed, content wise, but could now use the message board. It must be said that there was a large group of posters on the pay site that I never much cared to be around.... it just so happens that the majority of them were Max loyalists, so they left. I have nothing against David Max personally at all... I don't know him. I hear good things about him, and if the facts of this whole saga are indeed true, then it sounds like the verdict is fair, just, and correct.

I chose not to participate at the original Pedia, and the breakaway site, because I did not, and do not, feel the $20 is good value for money. There are a number of reasons for this, the least of which is that I do not live in Nebraska and have no use for the special tailgate privileges offered, nor any of the other discounts. I usually attend one game a year, sometimes in Lincoln, sometimes an away game.

But the main reason, as alluded to before, is that there is simply a large group of hard core posters and members within that community that rub me the wrong way, and have for a number of years. A lot of these guys are basically the same guys that all tailgate together.... I really have no desire to meet most of them socially. I guess I simply do not fit in with the culture of that community. I feel the football content became a distant afterthought to a number of other things, including politics, personal agendas and vendettas, and plain, old-fashioned phallus measuring contests. I also feel that the moderation was inconsistent. It seems like if you knew David Max personally, you could get away with more abhorrent behavior on the forums. These are all just observations and opinions I have developed, and I'm sure almost anyone from that site will vehemently disagree with me, and would probably go out of their way to try to discredit all of these things. And that's part of the culture.... if you look at some of the threads on HP now, they are full of HM loyalists who have made it their first act of duty to patronize, belittle, and discredit any person who does not wish to subscribe to the pay site.

This isn't David's fault, and again, nobody here begrudges his victory in this, which he thoroughly deserves. He just keeps some company that many of us would rather not be around.

Simply an excellent post.

I've met David Max and he's a hell of a nice guy. He really is. I also think it's great that if the stated scenario is true he got back what is rightfully his. That hardly ever happens with our corrupt legal system but It's nice to know it still can work at times.

But fully agree there's a different culture or personality with his forums that I'm not too high on and some of his mods are or were simply a disaster. I wish D. Max the very, very best (I really mean that) but HuskerBoard is a much, much better fit for me.

GBR!!

Checking in here. I have actually posted here previously under another name in years past, but I have not spent much time here lately. Now that free HP is no more, it appears most of the non-Max contingent has chosen HuskerBoard, so it is HuskerBoard for me.

I think it is too simplistic to simply say you are either with David Max or against him. While I support the HP site and avoid the Max site, I do not necessarily condone the actions of those who have done wrong in this case. I don't think anybody really does. I think I speak for myself and a number and others when I say that we simply took advantage of the split and decided to use a site that we previously enjoyed, content wise, but could now use the message board. It must be said that there was a large group of posters on the pay site that I never much cared to be around.... it just so happens that the majority of them were Max loyalists, so they left. I have nothing against David Max personally at all... I don't know him. I hear good things about him, and if the facts of this whole saga are indeed true, then it sounds like the verdict is fair, just, and correct.

I chose not to participate at the original Pedia, and the breakaway site, because I did not, and do not, feel the $20 is good value for money. There are a number of reasons for this, the least of which is that I do not live in Nebraska and have no use for the special tailgate privileges offered, nor any of the other discounts. I usually attend one game a year, sometimes in Lincoln, sometimes an away game.

But the main reason, as alluded to before, is that there is simply a large group of hard core posters and members within that community that rub me the wrong way, and have for a number of years. A lot of these guys are basically the same guys that all tailgate together.... I really have no desire to meet most of them socially. I guess I simply do not fit in with the culture of that community. I feel the football content became a distant afterthought to a number of other things, including politics, personal agendas and vendettas, and plain, old-fashioned phallus measuring contests. I also feel that the moderation was inconsistent. It seems like if you knew David Max personally, you could get away with more abhorrent behavior on the forums. These are all just observations and opinions I have developed, and I'm sure almost anyone from that site will vehemently disagree with me, and would probably go out of their way to try to discredit all of these things. And that's part of the culture.... if you look at some of the threads on HP now, they are full of HM loyalists who have made it their first act of duty to patronize, belittle, and discredit any person who does not wish to subscribe to the pay site.

This isn't David's fault, and again, nobody here begrudges his victory in this, which he thoroughly deserves. He just keeps some company that many of us would rather not be around.

So, lets get this straight. He charges $20.00 to be able to post, you can read, but can't post without it and this gets you privileges to a tailgate party? Brother you want to tailgate just start a thread....Welcome

This is by far my favorite Husker board, everyone here for the most part has their head on straight, although all these stupid blackshirt threads are a little frustrating. We are openly welcome members from other fanbases because we love outside perspective so treat everybody with respect, especially those that aren't Husker Fans.

• Fire 2

Any of you Huskerpedia-ers want to explain why you chose the HP side of the Max-HP dispute? I thought it was pretty clear that David was slighted pretty hard, and from an outside perspective I definitely sided with him. I'm just wondering why you would choose to support HP after the rightful 'owner' was wrongfully booted. Just curious is all.

Also, pray to god that cactusboy doesn't come over here. If there is a worse poster out there, I have yet to find him.

I don't think most people chose sides. I think they chose between "free" and "pay". I was always just a lurker over at the old HP, then I noticed a lot of the regulars were gone, and that I could post for free. I had no idea what happened.

Any of you Huskerpedia-ers want to explain why you chose the HP side of the Max-HP dispute? I thought it was pretty clear that David was slighted pretty hard, and from an outside perspective I definitely sided with him. I'm just wondering why you would choose to support HP after the rightful 'owner' was wrongfully booted. Just curious is all.

Also, pray to god that cactusboy doesn't come over here. If there is a worse poster out there, I have yet to find him.

I had decided before the lawsuit came along that there was no way in hell I would ever give David Max another penny. He's unethical.

True.

But the biggest issue with Max and his BBS's is how he runs them. First he extorts $20 from you then, then he makes sure you are whipped in line by his merryband of 15 or so henchmen - guys who like to flaunt their pathetic lives by showing how they can rack up 23,000 posts. If you're a newbie, better fall in line or else.... get taken out back.

I'm checking in for my first post here, as well.

So you guys were on the HuskerPedia side of the HuskerPedia vs. HuskerMax battle? Oh dear..if so, I feel bad for HuskerScott's comment.

I'll answer for myself - I have no idea wtf the deal is with any of that. I have no idea who David Max is, what the dispute is, and couldn't possibly care less about any of it. I made my account on there back in December of 2010 (as the first time I'd ever been a part of a Husker forum - lifetime fan, first time internet Husker poster :) ) and then about a week ago a large hand full of asshats come out of nowhere with apparently one single m.o. of just spamming the place into oblivion. It was a display of colossal phaggotry. And I realize nobody on this forum gives a flying sack about any of that...but I just wanted to vent. :)

I'm in for solid, intelligent, and occasionally entertaining Husker talk here. Glad I found a new home and glad to be a part of this forum.

To the new guys: Welcome.

Things we like to discuss:

--Blackouts

--Sell-out streaks

--Coach Bo not having his players backs

--Black uniforms

--Blue hairs vs. non-blue hairs

Just to name a few. Feel free to start threads about any of those topics

you forgot about:

--backup qb's. not anyone specifically, just backups in general.

--bo's demeanor on the sideline and during press conferences.

guys who like to flaunt their pathetic lives by showing how they can rack up 23,000 posts. If you're a newbie, better fall in line or else.... get taken out back.

I have never liked displaying number of posts. A person's post should be judged SOLELY by its merits, not backed by some number that means nothing. That 10,000th post isn't better because of the 9,999 that went before it.

guys who like to flaunt their pathetic lives by showing how they can rack up 23,000 posts. If you're a newbie, better fall in line or else.... get taken out back.

I have never liked displaying number of posts. A person's post should be judged SOLELY by its merits, not backed by some number that means nothing. That 10,000th post isn't better because of the 9,999 that went before it.

i

totally