Checking in from HuskerPedia

guys who like to flaunt their pathetic lives by showing how they can rack up 23,000 posts. If you're a newbie, better fall in line or else.... get taken out back.

I have never liked displaying number of posts. A person's post should be judged SOLELY by its merits, not backed by some number that means nothing. That 10,000th post isn't better because of the 9,999 that went before it.

agree.

guys who like to flaunt their pathetic lives by showing how they can rack up 23,000 posts. If you're a newbie, better fall in line or else.... get taken out back.

I have never liked displaying number of posts. A person's post should be judged SOLELY by its merits, not backed by some number that means nothing. That 10,000th post isn't better because of the 9,999 that went before it.

agree.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Checking in here. I have actually posted here previously under another name in years past, but I have not spent much time here lately. Now that free HP is no more, it appears most of the non-Max contingent has chosen HuskerBoard, so it is HuskerBoard for me.

I think it is too simplistic to simply say you are either with David Max or against him. While I support the HP site and avoid the Max site, I do not necessarily condone the actions of those who have done wrong in this case. I don't think anybody really does. I think I speak for myself and a number and others when I say that we simply took advantage of the split and decided to use a site that we previously enjoyed, content wise, but could now use the message board. It must be said that there was a large group of posters on the pay site that I never much cared to be around.... it just so happens that the majority of them were Max loyalists, so they left. I have nothing against David Max personally at all... I don't know him. I hear good things about him, and if the facts of this whole saga are indeed true, then it sounds like the verdict is fair, just, and correct.

I chose not to participate at the original Pedia, and the breakaway site, because I did not, and do not, feel the $20 is good value for money. There are a number of reasons for this, the least of which is that I do not live in Nebraska and have no use for the special tailgate privileges offered, nor any of the other discounts. I usually attend one game a year, sometimes in Lincoln, sometimes an away game.

But the main reason, as alluded to before, is that there is simply a large group of hard core posters and members within that community that rub me the wrong way, and have for a number of years. A lot of these guys are basically the same guys that all tailgate together.... I really have no desire to meet most of them socially. I guess I simply do not fit in with the culture of that community. I feel the football content became a distant afterthought to a number of other things, including politics, personal agendas and vendettas, and plain, old-fashioned phallus measuring contests. I also feel that the moderation was inconsistent. It seems like if you knew David Max personally, you could get away with more abhorrent behavior on the forums. These are all just observations and opinions I have developed, and I'm sure almost anyone from that site will vehemently disagree with me, and would probably go out of their way to try to discredit all of these things. And that's part of the culture.... if you look at some of the threads on HP now, they are full of HM loyalists who have made it their first act of duty to patronize, belittle, and discredit any person who does not wish to subscribe to the pay site.

This isn't David's fault, and again, nobody here begrudges his victory in this, which he thoroughly deserves. He just keeps some company that many of us would rather not be around.

Good post - I hadn't really understood this side of the argument. Makes much more sense to me now.

Well, another HP poster coming over to Huskerboard! I was at HP when we had to pay and when we didn't and I just have a problem with having to pay to post opinions and to have good discussions with fellow Husker fans so I have no interest in joining Husker Max.

Looking forward to sharing my opinions (and please remember that is all they are) and getting into so good discussions about the team we all love and root for! I am one of the posters on HP that has been critical of T-Mart but I did give him his due for his solid play in the second half of the MSU win. That is the T-Mart we need if we want to get to the Rose Bowl.

Now I feel like a loser........................I'LL BAN EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!!! YOU HEAR ME?! :sarcasm

To the new guys: Welcome.

Things we like to discuss:

--Blackouts

--Sell-out streaks

--Coach Bo not having his players backs

--Black uniforms

--Blue hairs vs. non-blue hairs

Just to name a few. Feel free to start threads about any of those topics

Haha, that is awesome!

Welcome to Huskerboard everyone. I used to have a Huskerpedia account, got kicked off because I used profanity twice (he should've named his site Huskerchurch), and I appealed and that Max guy sent an email and said I would have to pay another $20 for a new account, and said, "don't let me find out it's you, or I'll just kick you off again and keep more of your money." So I really couldn't care less about him or his site. I do go to huskerpedia these days, but only because of the current stories and blogs are nicely arranged on the main page. Now that I know he's in charge again, I'll find my Husker stories either on here or go elsewhere to locate them.

This is a great board, enjoy it! Even if you don't enjoy me from time to time ;)

How self-important do you have to be to announce your arrival to an internet message board?

Hahahahaha...this just really brought the lulz. So true.

But seriously: you have no idea what some of these trolls are capable of that have already posted in this thread alone. I realize that the mods on this forum want to have an "innocent until proven guilty" protocol...but all I can say is, be prepared for some record-breaking implosions. I would even suggest the purchase of protective eyewear.

To the new guys: Welcome.

Things we like to discuss:

--Blackouts

--Sell-out streaks

--Coach Bo not having his players backs

--Black uniforms

--Blue hairs vs. non-blue hairs

Just to name a few. Feel free to start threads about any of those topics

lol.

OMG BLACK UNI'S! chuckleshuffle