Helmet Stickers

Mark May just gave Burkhead a helmet sticker.

And Mark May is still a douche bag

Why isn't Rex's name coming up in the Heisman talks!? Good grief! If ever anyone deserved it-it would be Rex!!

Because, as good as Rex may be, he's not the best running back in the nation this year, let alone the best player.

Like that matters to Heisman voters. The best player in the nation didn't win the Heisman in 2009. All the Hypseman voters care about is the flashiest player on the best team.

Because, as good as Rex may be, he's not the best running back in the nation this year, let alone the best player.

Based on what criteria?

based on trent richardson

Pretty much this, along with LaMichael James, Trent Richardson, Ray Graham, Joseph Randle and Montee Ball just off the top of my head. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Rex fan, but I don't think that he deserves to be in discussion for a Heismen trophy this year. His season long rush is 30 yards...gotta have flashy long runs to be in the mix for the Heismen.

Based on what criteria?

based on trent richardson

Pretty much this, along with LaMichael James, Trent Richardson, Ray Graham, Joseph Randle and Montee Ball just off the top of my head. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Rex fan, but I don't think that he deserves to be in discussion for a Heismen trophy this year. His season long rush is 30 yards...gotta have flashy long runs to be in the mix for the Heismen.

I'd take Rex over Joseph Randle, Montee Ball, and Ray Graham... I haven't watched a lot of Trent Richardson this year, but I've seen enough to know how good and how physically gifted he is, and it'd be tough to put Rex in front of him. Same with LaMichael James, who I have seen a lot of, and who is incredibly explosive and slippery.

That said, I'm not sure anybody in the nation is as complete a running back as Rex... Other guys are more talented if you will, but I have a hard time believing anybody (including Richardson and James) is as complete, in terms of their patience, their ability to see and hit holes, decisiveness, blocking, catching, route running, ball security, etc... Rex is so stinking good in every facet of the game, it's really amazing...

Lets not get carried away. Rex is as good of a RB as you could ever hope for, but Richardson and James are in another stratosphere and will be top Heisman contenders this year (or at least James would be if not for injury). Marcus Lattimore is another guy that would be above Rex, but he's done for the year now.

Other than these three, I objectively would not trade Rex for another RB in the nation. (And being such a fan of Rex, I wouldn't trade him at all, but that is just homerism). He is terrific and deserves more national recognition than he's gotten. But lets not act like he's the best running back in the nation.

I figured the objection to Rex was stats-based. I can't argue against that concept, because there really are certain benchmarks you have to have to be in contention for the Heisman, and Rex doesn't have them. He doesn't have the yards, he doesn't have the touches, he's not on a top team, etc. But as far as how "good" he is... I don't think Ball, Richardson, etc are "better." Just different. And used differently.

Of all the guys mentioned here as being above Rex, I wouldn't take any of them when running the Wildcat. Burkhead isn't the most physically gifted RB in the nation, but in terms of football smarts; determination; etc. he's right up there with the best. However, he will not be mentioned in the same sentence as the Heisman this year.