The Walking Dead

Just now, teachercd said:

Thanks!

So...they will pick up now with his daughter being like 8 years old?  

Yeah, I don't know where they are going with that. I'm not sure if next weeks episode will start with everything later down the road. It could be a very interesting episode. I have never read the series and I don't know anything past the current episode, but I'm excited to see how things progress the rest of the season.

56 minutes ago, SandhillshuskerW said:

Yeah, I don't know where they are going with that. I'm not sure if next weeks episode will start with everything later down the road. It could be a very interesting episode. I have never read the series and I don't know anything past the current episode, but I'm excited to see how things progress the rest of the season.

Essentially, functionally, it's now a new show. Rick leaving ends the story they've been telling for 9 years or whatever more or less, and even though we still have some familiar characters this is a mini reboot that's telling a new story six years into the future (I think that's how long the timejump is). 

3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Essentially, functionally, it's now a new show. Rick leaving ends the story they've been telling for 9 years or whatever more or less, and even though we still have some familiar characters this is a mini reboot that's telling a new story six years into the future (I think that's how long the timejump is). 

That would make sense. If they jump six years in to the future, are they going to have a lot of flashbacks to show what has happened in the last six years or are they just going to go there and pick things up? 

20 hours ago, SandhillshuskerW said:

That would make sense. If they jump six years in to the future, are they going to have a lot of flashbacks to show what has happened in the last six years or are they just going to go there and pick things up? 

I hope they just pick things up 6ish years later like the comic, but you never know.

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

One of the weirdest criticism I've seen was Judith being proficient with Rick's revolver at 10ish years old.   Nobody batted an eye when Carl was proficient with a pistol at a young age and he didn't even grow up in the zombie apocalypse.

Way more realistic than Rick still headshotting with said revolver when he's bleeding out, on his knees, swaying back and forth, going in and out of consciousness :lol: 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

So the whisperers are just dudes dressing like walkers?  Right?

It appears that way.

Spoiler

Except for Jesus dying, I really liked last nights episode. I wonder who left Negan's cell door unlocked and if he's going to try to rebuild.

I think that the second half of the season is going to be crazy. It's just too bad we have to wait so long for it to be back on.