At this point, how does the B1G compare to Big XII?

The divisional race is way more exciting! As much as I liked the pass happy big-texas conference, this smash-you-in-the-mouth football is more enjoyable. If I had the funds, I would like to have gone to Madison and also would like to visit the Shoe. The overall setup of conferance games, with cross-over games, also makes it more enjoyable! VERY glad to be in a real Conference. Only thing missing is playing OU, even if it was down to every two years :(

If you like rock concerts, drunks, and waaaay over the top fans who like to talk about how great they are and how they've dominated for years...then you definately missed out on Madison.

I heard it was bad there at Wisconsin but wasn't sure if it was blown out of proportion..! Couldn't be worse than going to Boulder......

Anyhow, I'm curious how the Big Ten rotated conference games and did you have alot of Co-Champions? I know I could look it up but Badgerfan seems pretty quick on the draw about that sort of information......and plus I'm lazy as hell

I'm confused, how does what compare to the Big XII...this thread is perplexing

i think i explained it fairly well. everything, all the possible things, are better.

venues, teams, btn, and so on and so forth.

Ohhhh we're talking about the Big Ten, I get it. Well from the perspective of a fan of the Big Ten prior to expansion I think you guys have definitely proven to be worth the move. Adding NU enriched the conference substantially...the races for the championship are incomparably better and now we have a CG, they are more than capable of being competitive in the league and as a program with national appeal now we're up to four marque teams. I think that may be more than any other conference, (SEC may beg to differ but other than Bama I'm not sure any of those teams is head and shoulders a national fan base team...maybe LSU...maybe, all the others are strong in their states and big in the region but I've never seen a Vol fan in Minneapolis or an Auburn fan in Topeka)

That said AAU membership would be nice and we'll see how they fair in B-Ball. Have a feeling they're going to tear up baseball though.

we are still embarrassed about the AAU debacle, and i imagine we will always be embarrassed by nebrasketball, but maybe this is our year.

AAU membership could happen again if pride doesn't get in the way and even if it doesn't things will pan out alright. I'm thinking in 10 or 20 years UNL will improve its academics greatly from cooperating with its conference brethren in the Committee on Institutional Cooperation, so even if its not in the AAU it'll be at the level. That's the awesome thing about the Big Ten, we're much more than just athletics.

I'm not sure about Basketball yet though..we'll see how they translate to the conference.

The divisional race is way more exciting! As much as I liked the pass happy big-texas conference, this smash-you-in-the-mouth football is more enjoyable. If I had the funds, I would like to have gone to Madison and also would like to visit the Shoe. The overall setup of conferance games, with cross-over games, also makes it more enjoyable! VERY glad to be in a real Conference. Only thing missing is playing OU, even if it was down to every two years :(

If you like rock concerts, drunks, and waaaay over the top fans who like to talk about how great they are and how they've dominated for years...then you definately missed out on Madison.

I heard it was bad there at Wisconsin but wasn't sure if it was blown out of proportion..! Couldn't be worse than going to Boulder......

Anyhow, I'm curious how the Big Ten rotated conference games and did you have alot of Co-Champions? I know I could look it up but Badgerfan seems pretty quick on the draw about that sort of information......and plus I'm lazy as hell

Yea that sounds like Madison, we've been trying to clean up the less hospitable elements but its not going well so unless we ban the under 25 crowd and booze visitors are going to have to pack some thick skin, ear plugs and a sense of humor. Still though I like to think that most of what visitors think of as rudeness or poor hospitality is really just our bizarre form of drunken humor. When you come to UW on an Autumn Saturday you come for the party, the football is in many ways an afterthought.

Oh and I'd look up that info on the exact rules we functioned under and what it amounted to in numbers but my chronic lethargy is acting up again.

I'm in the much better group, lots of great programs and teams. What about football, I think that the Big 10 in tougher ,,,,,,, the reason is that top to bottom it is a tough conf. , Big 12 has very good teams but the drop off from the top to the bottom is greater than in the Big 10. In the Big 12 without the CGC a team can beat one or 2 very good team and then the drop starts, this will be even a bigger drop next year. I respect the grind Nebraska has this year yet I recognize that in some years our schedule will not be as rough.

Yea that sounds like Madison, we've been trying to clean up the less hospitable elements but its not going well so unless we ban under the under 25 crowd and booze visitors are going to have to pack some thick skin, ear plugs and a sense of humor. Still though I like to think that most of what visitors think of as rudeness or poor hospitality is really just our bizarre form of drunken humor. When you come to UW on an Autumn Saturday you come for the party, the football is in many ways an afterthought.

Oh and I'd look up that info on the exact rules we functioned under and what it amounted to in numbers but my chronic lethargy is acting up again.

we're just offended no one has thrown any piss-bombs at us. what must we do to garner that type of hate/respect?

Yea that sounds like Madison, we've been trying to clean up the less hospitable elements but its not going well so unless we ban under the under 25 crowd and booze visitors are going to have to pack some thick skin, ear plugs and a sense of humor. Still though I like to think that most of what visitors think of as rudeness or poor hospitality is really just our bizarre form of drunken humor. When you come to UW on an Autumn Saturday you come for the party, the football is in many ways an afterthought.

we're just offended no one has thrown any piss-bombs at us. what must we do to garner that type of hate/respect?

Insult the Packers

One, are you still excited about being in the B1G? Two, how have the venues been to this point? And three, how does the B1G compare to the Big. XII?

1. Definitely still excited - enjoying the divisional races much more than in the Big 12. I'm still not sure that they shouldn't have just gone with geography for the divisions, but they did a much better job of creating competitive balance than the Big 12 ever did. The only things I'll really miss from the Big 12 are Oklahoma in football and Allen Fieldhouse.

2. Haven't been to any of the venues. They all seem nice on TV though!

3. Do you mean competitively? I don't think it's that different, not nearly as different as people think it is. The Big Ten is generally more vanilla on offense and easier to prepare for. The Big Ten likes to claim that it's more physical, but I really don't think it's any more physical than the Big 12 was. I do think the Big Ten is a bit more fundamentally sound on defense, but again I think it's pretty darn similar to the Big 12.

I see a lot of people talk about the depth of the Big Ten, and I honestly think that is a misconception due to Nebraska's schedule this year. We have a tough schedule right now but only because the Big Ten threw everything it had at us. Playing Michigan State, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State, and Iowa is tough, but I don't think it's tougher (it might be easier) than playing Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Texas, Kansas State, and Baylor/Missouri/Iowa State. I mean, Kansas is awful, but so is Minnesota... Iowa State beat Iowa, and they just crushed Texas Tech, who beat Oklahoma. I mean, how many people here would really take Penn State over Robert Griffin and Baylor? I don't think I would...

The Big 12 has much better depth than it is credited with. It is completely ridiculous that a conference as strong competitively as it was with Nebraska/A&M/Missouri/Colorado could fall apart the way it has.