Iowa-Nebraska Trophy

Hercules

I'd rather see the winning team get to hang a banner in the opposing team's stadium for a year... visibly signifying the ownership.

Huge Iowa fan in our office - she'd been talking crap all summer. I made her agree to hang a Husker flag outside her office for the year if Nebraska wins. I agreed to hang an Iowa flag outside mine if they won. Not surprising, nothing has been mentioned about it in the last 4 weeks, and I haven't said a word. She even mentioned Minnesota this week. I just replied that they are a really good team, smiled and walked away. Silence is the best trash talk IMO.

(But she will find a Nebraska flag hangingn outside her office sometime around January/February - after the sting of defeat has worn off and my sly smiles have faded)

Running with the pitchfork idea, I would've liked to see a trophy with Herbie and Herky on each side of a pitchfork in the ground (think Excalibur theme) both trying to grab the pitchfork while staring each other down with angry looks.

Having said that, I agree that the forced rivalry/trophy is mostly annoying, and the trophies that arise organically (Floyd) are 100x better.

Ugh. After all of my voting for the pitchfork...

I don't really have a problem with the corn bowl, except that I guess I feel like since we're the cornhuskers, it might seem to be connected with us a little more than with the hawkeyes, even if we are both agriculture states.

If I ran the world (and, by extension, the zoo) we'd just pass a nasty can of Hyvee brand creamed corn back and fourth.