Nebraska vs. Penn State

Someone explain to me how we intend to stop PSU's run game with 3 DT's? Don't know much about that Thompson guy who just moved from OL but it doesn't look good at all.

I have a feeling it's going to be a long ugly night in Scandal Valley.

because only 2 need to be on the field at a time.

Brilliant.

I didn't think I needed to state the obvious, so here goes: how do we intend to stop PSU's run game with 3 DT's in the rotation?

DE - DT - DT - DE

& one DT rotating in. Seems pretty self explanatory to me.

Not really - bec. you're always going to have 1 guy who's tired. #3 subs for #1 while #2 is still playing OT. Then #1 subs for #2 but now #3 is getting real tired.....

You need 4 DT's - and quality ones at that. Thompson is NOT quality. This game is shaping up to be ugly in the run stopping department.

As it stands right now we're a BCS long shot: 10 spots, 6 AQ's. We're not even sitting in a good spot if we win the B1GC so winning Sat is an absolute must

The media has already pegged us in to the Cap1 or Gator bowls playing either UF or KSU! Wow.

From B1GC favorite to this.

you realize the winner goes to the Rose Bowl (hint: that's a BCS game)

EDIT: and I don't remember us being this overwhelming B1GC favorite - that distinction has been (for good reason) the Badgers since this summer. We were favored in our division for a few weeks there after Ohio State's issues.

He also doesn't realize that the Capital One Bowl has the first pick after the BCS's Bowls for Big 10 teams & the payout is $4.25 Million. We got $2.53 Million the last 2 years for the Holiday Bowl. Sounds good to me.

Someone explain to me how we intend to stop PSU's run game with 3 DT's? Don't know much about that Thompson guy who just moved from OL but it doesn't look good at all.

I have a feeling it's going to be a long ugly night in Scandal Valley.

because only 2 need to be on the field at a time.

Brilliant.

I didn't think I needed to state the obvious, so here goes: how do we intend to stop PSU's run game with 3 DT's in the rotation?

DE - DT - DT - DE

& one DT rotating in. Seems pretty self explanatory to me.

Not really - bec. you're always going to have 1 guy who's tired. #3 subs for #1 while #2 is still playing OT. Then #1 subs for #2 but now #3 is getting real tired.....

You need 4 DT's - and quality ones at that. Thompson is NOT quality. This game is shaping up to be ugly in the run stopping department.

I would have to disagree with your statement. Only because Steinkuhler will only come out for a few series thru out the game & Moore & Rome will rotate pretty regularly with one of them stepping in for Steinkuhler in those instances.

First off it is Jackson, and if you followed anything last spring or in summer camp, he was mentioned a lot and was thought as a player that would see time this fall. Then it looks like NU will have a ton of talent at DT, so he is moved over to offense. Then the injury bug hits and he is moved back. A little over a week of practice to get back into the DLine frame of mind, and learn a game plan. What the hell would you expect out of the kid?

Secondly, NU will run a 3-4 and will only need one DT.

That would be sarcasm, hopefully you are able to pick up on that and I don't have to edit my post with the picture for ya. And I see Baker, Tmoore, Chase Rome, and Jay Guy traveling and playing this weekend.

As things developed, I was thinking that Nebraska would have an easy game of it, PSU being overwhelmed with distractions. However, as the week has gone on, I'm wondering if the PSU players may have become a little numb to all the hype. On the other hand Nebraska has to fly into the center of the maelstrom without any way to prepare for it. Now I'm thinking that the distraction factor may be pretty even.