Nebraska vs. Penn State

Defense is very solid with some NFL talent.

They don't blitz very often and are pretty low risk. Mostly because they are good enough that they don't need to take chances but also because I don't think they have the right guys to pull off successful blitzing.

Offensively they have a decent tailback and a QB that loves to stare down receivers and they do a lot of 3 step timing routes and screens.

The opposing team should be able to get at least one interception vs McGloin per game. He stares down guys THAT much.

Thanks for this overview 'WoodyHayes'. I appreciate it :)

Anytime ladyhawke :)

If you need the scouting report for the opponent you face on November 19th I know them like the back of my hand.

6) Finally, Dave Witvoet can NOT be the official for this football game. I'm sorry, but his crew his absolutely abysmal.

This guy is the B1G version of Greg Burks and Cooper Castleberry

I wouldn't take it to that level...because Witvoet probably doesn't know what's going on half the time anyways. Hell, at the game one of the officials set the ball down and then Witvoet kicked it 5 yards down the field. At least Greg Burks was aware.

will psu be distracted with this insane scandal overwhelming the media?

I can't imagine they won't be.

I feel for the fans because they had nothing to do with it.

If you're a PSU fan how are you excited to make the trek to Happy Valley this Saturday? I wouldn't be.

I'd be embarrassed for my school and a little depressed that something like this could happen.

if a lot of them are catholics, it will not be anything new.

I assume you thought that comment was cute or humorous when you typed it?

If your goal was to offend Catholics, I think you probably succeeded.

If you're a PSU fan how are you excited to make the trek to Happy Valley this Saturday? I wouldn't be.

I'd be embarrassed for my school and a little depressed that something like this could happen.

good, it was my goal. but i really don't care about catholics in general, just the ones complicit in child abuse and the insane cover-up. i am sure you are impressed with yourself for feigning indignation and implying to maintain the moral superiority, but anyone who could remain in an organization responsible for such egregious atrocities and corruption is beyond me.

finally, please do not address me as a child, do not try to make me feel guilty or rotten for my comments. why should i feel bad for acknowledging the crimes of others. the statement was accurate if it was anything. why should not catholics be offended by the actions of their leaders? they should be abjectly humiliated. you can be disgusted in my comment, but i find it much more disgusting to redirect anger at me and ignore the fact that the church still has not rectified its wrongs, they have barely acknowledged they have committed their transgressions.

i may have made my statement in jest, but i find sexual abuse against minors profusely unforgivable. and anyone involved or who acquiesce by not standing against it or separating themselves from the entities involved are equally unforgivable.

Haha, I can't believe Ladyhawke had to bump this thread like 5 times before it started getting some attention over all the meltdown threads. Classic Huskerboard...

I know! I felt kind of stupid doing it but I really wanted to start talking about this game! I wanted to hear what people thought our chances were, what kind of score we would have, what we needed to do to beat them, etc.! Thanks you guys!

Your chances are very good this week... With the distractions in Happy Valley this week, I have no idea how the team is staying focused. Thus, I expect this to get ugly.... Our defense is real, but cant be on the field all day, which is what i expect to happen....

good, it was my goal. but i really don't care about catholics in general, just the ones complicit in child abuse and the insane cover-up. i am sure you are impressed with yourself for feigning indignation and implying to maintain the moral superiority, but anyone who could remain in an organization responsible for such egregious atrocities and corruption is beyond me.

finally, please do not address me as a child, do not try to make me feel guilty or rotten for my comments. why should i feel bad for acknowledging the crimes of others. the statement was accurate if it was anything. why should not catholics be offended by the actions of their leaders? they should be abjectly humiliated. you can be disgusted in my comment, but i find it much more disgusting to redirect anger at me and ignore the fact that the church still has not rectified its wrongs, they have barely acknowledged they have committed their transgressions.

i may have made my statement in jest, but i find sexual abuse against minors profusely unforgivable. and anyone involved or who acquiesce by not standing against it or separating themselves from the entities involved are equally unforgivable.

How's the weather up there on your pedestal? You assume so many things about me and others that are so completely wrong that it would be funny if it wasn't apparently so real. I addressed you as a child? Feigned indignation? Implied moral superiority? I'm not offended by the actions of some in the church? I don't stand against sexual abuse? If you can't refrain from reading things that are not actually on the page in front of you, you might possibly need some professional help.

How's the weather up there on your pedestal? You assume so many things about me and others that are so completely wrong that it would be funny if it wasn't apparently so real. I addressed you as a child? Feigned indignation? Implied moral superiority? I'm not offended by the actions of some in the church? I don't stand against sexual abuse? If you can't refrain from reading things that are not actually on the page in front of you, you might possibly need some professional help.

first, it's cold up here. second, you are right, i went on a rant that overreached the limits of your response. but, then, what were you getting at with your comment? you asked if i thought it was cute or funny? would you care to elaborate on your original response and explain to me how you wanted to make me feel when you typed it?

i said something accurate, even if tongue in cheek, and you reply sternly about me being cute and offending catholics. it felt like a lecture and i did not care for it. again, i do not think i said anything inaccurate, it was just misdirected. but in fairness, i was defending my comment that you were attacking.

Yeah, I think it's too soon for the jokes. And as a non-practicing half-Catholic, I'm not bothered by the jab (as it's deserved), insomuch that this thing is less than a week old and we're already forgetting the victims in this.

I'm not going to pull a Matt Millen, but I am a wee bit concerned.

Haha, I can't believe Ladyhawke had to bump this thread like 5 times before it started getting some attention over all the meltdown threads. Classic Huskerboard...

I know! I felt kind of stupid doing it but I really wanted to start talking about this game! I wanted to hear what people thought our chances were, what kind of score we would have, what we needed to do to beat them, etc.! Thanks you guys!

Your chances are very good this week... With the distractions in Happy Valley this week, I have no idea how the team is staying focused. Thus, I expect this to get ugly.... Our defense is real, but cant be on the field all day, which is what i expect to happen....

White and Blue--thanks for posting here, btw. Hope you stay, regardless of the outcome, to share your thoughts.

And I'm sorry to hear about what's happening in Happy Valley right now. Lots of conflicting feelings on this and about Joe Pa's role, but what I'm most concerned about are the 20+ victims that have come out. Here's hoping they get the guidance and love they need to overcome.

first, it's cold up here. second, you are right, i went on a rant that overreached the limits of your response. but, then, what were you getting at with your comment? you asked if i thought it was cute or funny? would you care to elaborate on your original response and explain to me how you wanted to make me feel when you typed it?

i said something accurate, even if tongue in cheek, and you reply sternly about me being cute and offending catholics. it felt like a lecture and i did not care for it. again, i do not think i said anything inaccurate, it was just misdirected. but in fairness, i was defending my comment that you were attacking.

I didn't want you to feel any particular way. I wanted you to think about what you were saying. It didn't strike me as an appropriate time to take a cheap shot at any group of people unless that group is a very finite collection of actual child molesters or direct enablers. No one can argue that the Catholic church has not had way more than it's share of these types of scandals. But to then go on and claim that people who have not distanced themselves from the organization are somehow culpable and not opposed to those actions is highly inaccurate and destructive. If nobody sticks around to see that positive changes are made within the organization, who will? JoePa basically distanced himself from the problem and we see how well that helped the future victims. And, yes, as a Catholic myself, who is very disturbed and opposed to the actions of some of these priests and clergy and the slow and lacking response from the powers that be, your comments offended me. There are a few issues where a person may want to think twice about what they are implying about other people. Child molestation would be one of those issues.