Where has Green, Heard, and Turner gone?

Ziebol

Since the Minnesota game Green and Heard are almost a non factor and Turner hasn't been seen in awhile. All these guys got so much talent its just kinda confusing why they aren't seeing much playing time. Green, judging from his Twitter, is definetley upset about it. Any thoughts?

They must be in Bo's doghouse. Lots of guys go there.

Also, why do we burn redshirts on guys at a position where we're stacked - RB, and cling to redshirts on guys at thin position - DL. Seriously. Heard and Green barely play this year and can't redshirt and we need Peat, Guy, or Williams to play but are saving them for some reason. Nonsensical.

• Fire 1

Lack of play by the triplets....mind boggling. Turner...can't get better if you don't play, game reps are extremely valuable for development imo. I wonder what the game plan is for Saturday considering the opposing D will be better and Rex won't be any more rested than he was this week.

The only reason that they didn't want to burn the running backs redshirts I can think of is because they wanted heavy competition at that spot. If all three guys are told they're going to be able to play, they might try harder and practice and push the other guys better for that playing time. You don't want to redshirt one of em because then he probably won't get to the same level as quickly as the other guys.

That said, it puts us in a precarious situation. Next year, we will have no excuse to not split carries better between them and Burkhead. Burkhead is our number one but we need a clear cut number two guy, or at least one guy that gets most of the carries behind Burkhead. It's impossible to split carries with four running backs most games and it's impossible to get players better when they're intermittently playing one week or not the next.

It's a tough road they've chosen for those backs, one that I see ending in either transfer or position change for one of em. I just don't see all three of those guys being happy at running back down the road. One is going to be better than the rest and the other two will fight for that second spot. All of three of them could be our feature back some day, which is kind of good and bad.

Green more than anyone needs to see regular playing time I feel he is a player who doesn't want to be in the shadows and play bare minimum. If it doesn't change for him I don't see him wanting to ride it out here for long. He needs to understand where he is in the totem pole but at this point I don't think anyone knows.

As much as i love burkhead, this definitely doesn't make sense. I understand teaching these young kids they are not entitled to anything and making them show it in practice, but I have a hard time believing these kids aren't busting their butts in practice as they seem to be high character kids. If you're not gonna play them then you should have redshirted them. This shows me a big lack of player management by Bo! No wonder we end up so short at postitions over time!!

They must be in Bo's doghouse. Lots of guys go there.

Also, why do we burn redshirts on guys at a position where we're stacked - RB, and cling to redshirts on guys at thin position - DL. Seriously. Heard and Green barely play this year and can't redshirt and we need Peat, Guy, or Williams to play but are saving them for some reason. Nonsensical.

Exactly!

STUPIDITY at it's finest.

Now I know why a lot of guys in the know question Bo's HC prowess - some even go as far as saying that he's not HC material.

• Fire 1

Lack of play by the triplets....mind boggling. Turner...can't get better if you don't play, game reps are extremely valuable for development imo. I wonder what the game plan is for Saturday considering the opposing D will be better and Rex won't be any more rested than he was this week.

Abdullah has made some clear and significant contributions this year. He actually sees the field, so I can understand not redshirting him. Heard is a Y'town guy and he worked hard to get here, so he's probably not leaving. I'd bet if nothing changes Green is out the door. Which really sucks.

Meanwhile, Bo is quoted as saying we are thin at DL, yet there are three highly recruited freshman who should be playing. If they don't understand the D by now, adjust the D. It's getting to the point where they might be the only bodies you have left.

Just another thing in a long line of bewildering things of this Pelini regime...

I was wondering ....... Where's Todd Peat, David Santos, Zack Sterup, Ryne Reeves, etc. anyway? All touted players. Or could be all red-shirt guys.......save next year.

BTW, I know Charles Jackson was a academic problem but I'm still worried about de-commit thing.

Just another thing in a long line of bewildering things of this Pelini regime...

I was wondering ....... Where's Todd Peat, David Santos, Zack Sterup, Ryne Reeves, etc. anyway? All touted players. Or could be all red-shirt guys.......save next year.

BTW, I know Charles Jackson was a academic problem but I'm still worried about de-commit thing.

Let me add some more to brighten your day -mostly from the 09 and 10 classes and who should be contributing NOW:

OL Brent Qvale

DE David Ash

OL Jesse Coffey (don't know if it was him or Ash who left)

DE Walker Ashburn (was talked about as a big "Louisiana get" at at DE)

DB Harvey Jackson,

DB Dijon Washington

OL Mike Moudy,

DE Tobi Okuyemi (another huge get at DE supposedly)

DE Donovan Vestal

Perplexing..... that we have to start Cassidy, Thorell, Blatchford, Evans, etc.

Let me add some more to brighten your day -mostly from the 09 and 10 classes and who should be contributing NOW:

OL Brent Qvale

DE David Ash

OL Jesse Coffey (don't know if it was him or Ash who left)

DE Walker Ashburn (was talked about as a big "Louisiana get" at at DE)

DB Harvey Jackson,

DB Dijon Washington

OL Mike Moudy,

DE Tobi Okuyemi (another huge get at DE supposedly)

DE Donovan Vestal

Perplexing..... that we have to start Cassidy, Thorell, Blatchford, Evans, etc.

AH -- well, I think it is clear that Bo's D is complex.

When it works, it is a thing of beauty. But the learning curve may be too much for athletes.

Is that different than BC's offense?