Any Way PSU Game is Called?

The inmates are in charge of the asylum now.

Think about it. Spanier does not have clean hands. The board of trustees does not have clean hands. Paterno certainly bears a lot of responsibility. McQueary better be watching his back for actually witnessing something and not stopping it and staying on the staff.

How does the administration start firing people when that is pretty much an admission of their guilt? Does the state of Pennsylvania have to step in? That may be what it takes.

A complaint about piece of sh#t Sandusky was made as early as 1998.

In 1999 piece of sh#t Sandusky mysteriously retires even though he was considered to be next in line for Paterno's job.

Piece of sh#t Sandusky is given "emeritus" status and actually has an office in the athletic facility and complete access.

In 2002 McQueary witnesses piece of sh#t Sandusky in the shower with a child and reports it to Paterno.

Sometime after that, they have to tell Piece of sh#t Sandusky that he can't bring kids around the facilities any more, or at least not shower with them.

In 2007 piece of sh#t Sandusky brings a child to a pre-season practice also attended by now assistant McQueary and Paterno.

The last count I heard is that up to 17 kids may have been molested.

How does this happen? The more I think about it, the more I think the State has to get involved. The trustees will not do anything because they are trying to save their own hides.

It kind of makes me wonder, though, how Paterno is getting flack for this when, from what I've read, people seem in agreement that, procedurally, he did everything necessary by reporting it to the A.D. Whether or not Paterno was involved in a coverup, I have to wonder what kind of message this sends to any other head coach who could potentially deal with something like this in the future; if a coach finds out about something like this, thinks it's too big for him to handle, and passes it on to the A.D. (Whose job it is, among other things, to handle such things pertaining to the athletic department) and he still ends up in hot water, then what procedure should a head coach follow? Emotional reaction out of the sickness of the situation aside, what does this say to other coaches?

It kind of makes me wonder, though, how Paterno is getting flack for this when, from what I've read, people seem in agreement that, procedurally, he did everything necessary by reporting it to the A.D. Whether or not Paterno was involved in a coverup, I have to wonder what kind of message this sends to any other head coach who could potentially deal with something like this in the future; if a coach finds out about something like this, thinks it's too big for him to handle, and passes it on to the A.D. (Whose job it is, among other things, to handle such things pertaining to the athletic department) and he still ends up in hot water, then what procedure should a head coach follow? Emotional reaction out of the sickness of the situation aside, what does this say to other coaches?

If we were talking about some sort of NCAA rules violation here, then I'd agree with you. However, this involves very serious criminal activity. The responsibility of anybody aware of what Sandusky was doing extends beyond university hierarchy. Reporting the incident to a superior is (arguably) not legally wrong, but it's morally questionable at the very least. Someone should've gone straight to the police.

If there are coaches that are worried that such a moral impropriety could cost them their job, I wouldn't want any of those coaches working for my university anyway.

The feeling is that legally Paterno did not necessarily do any thing wrong. But as THE MAN at PSU (remember this all started back in 1998) he is held to a higher moral standard, and has pretty much preached that he should be.

Paterno answers to no one, unless in a case like this, when he is trying to pass the buck. That is what everyone is upset about. If anyone had a chance to stop this back then it was Paterno. But he didn't. As a result more kids were assaulted.

Substitute Head Coach Tom Osborne for Paterno. How would you have wanted Tom to react? Would you have wanted him to pass the buck, and turn his back?

"We don't care what you are doing with kids, as long as you are not doing it here. Enjoy your office in our facilities anyway." Makes me sick.

You wonder how Paterno is getting flak for this? Let's review:

2002 – Paterno is told that Sandusky was witnessed having sex with a child in the team's showers.

2002-last week: Paterno does NOTHING to restrict Sandusky's access to campus, the team, the facilities or to the press box, with young children in tow.

AT NO TIME did Paterno report this incident to the police. Legally he may have done what he is required to do. Morally he failed, utterly, and his inaction allowed a known pedophile to continue to prey on young children.

How many more children were victimized by Sandusky because the man you think did nothing wrong didn't raise hell?

If you were told by an eyewitness that a man like Sandusky had been assaulting a child, would you tell your supervisor and then never say anything again? Would you allow that person (Sandusky) access to your facilities, your team, your recruits, without ever saying anything again?

• Fire 1

He's getting flack (and rightfully so) because he did the absolute minimum.

I was

I rememeber a Yahoo sports reporter saying over the summer that there will be scandel reveiled this year that will make the USC, Scam Newton & Ohio St problems look like minor infractions. I wish I could find it again & wonder if this is what he was talking about.

I remember that - I pretty sure this was the Miami release. That one was bad bad but not even close.

I rememeber a Yahoo sports reporter saying over the summer that there will be scandel reveiled this year that will make the USC, Scam Newton & Ohio St problems look like minor infractions. I wish I could find it again & wonder if this is what he was talking about.

I remember reading that article you are talking about it and I think it was referring to the Miami scandal.

I remember reading that article you are talking about it and I think it was referring to the Miami scandal.

It was. It was the Nevin Shapiro case.

And as bad as that one seemed to us...this one is 100x worse.

And as bad as that one seemed to us...this one is 100x worse.

It was Yahoo! Sports’ Charles Robinson. He worked on both the Reggie Bush/USC and Oregon stories.

While being interviewed on ESPN radio last march Robinson hinted about a story that would be a "10." He said he’d been working on since November and thought it would likely be ready before the start of the 2011 College Football season.

ESPN: So is there another team, another organization, another sport that should be nervous right now because you're working on something comparable?

Robinson: Yeah [laughs], we've still got a couple more coming.[several moments of back-and-forth banter]

Robinson: I've got probably a six to a seven, maybe an eight depending on where you live coming in the next two weeks, and then by August, a ten.

ESPN: Well, what would you consider the Tressel story, on a one to ten?

Robinson: Probably an eight.

ESPN: So there's something even bigger than that coming in the summertime?

Robinson: Yeah. Yeah. There's one I've been working on since, I don't know, I'm probably entering my fourth month on it, and we'll probably get a good six, seven months more in on it before I'm done.