How, or does, NU respond to PSU scandal?

Foppa

JoePa's last game unfortunately should have occured against Illinois. When you have arguably one of the biggest scandal's in history some major housekeeping is going to have to be done, and in the case of those involved even worse ramifications are going to occur. If this were any other coach they would have already been out the door, but for his own sake I think JoePa should let Illinois be the last game he ever coaches. This is such a horrible way for JoePa to go out and I feel for the guy given how much he has meant to Penn St and college football, but unfortunately he has made choices that will tarnish his career and unfortunately end it as well.

The arrogance in it all is they thought the people would be behind them, that is what power does to a man, it makes you arrogant and steals your morality. I mean handing out the trophy to him, smiling, knowing all this information, while the investigation was going on????Arrogance!!!

Beyond ridiculous. You are correct

Minority voice here, probably only myself. When the dust is settled, one sicko man will be guilty. One. Not two, not three, but one culprit. For the past 5 years, I distrust media jokers......OVERBLOWN big time mostly thanks to internet, of course, IMO. Yes, I confess I'm truely sorry for JoePa. I'm almost sure Joe was nothing to do with Penn St scandal.

it may be overblown, but joepa was complicit in all of this.

keep in mind, alleged

read the grand jury report from the other thread. this is enough smoke to blot the sun - there is a fire somewhere.

this. there was another post mentioning how we are too quickly making him an accomplice. again, read the grand jury.

If there is even one little "bright side" to any of this from a Husker Fan's perspective, it is that fans all across the country want us to go out there and kick their asses. I hope we don't disappoint them.

The place is going to be an absolute circus. This game will have more media attention than any other game in the country. For all the wrong reasons.

hell no we dont respond...our team should focus on winning. while there is enourmous evidence/accusations, its horrid, they havent been found guilty and the whole story is not out. even if they were found guilty this week. its not our deal....huskers need to come out of there with a win..this is going to be a tricky psychological game...

From reading some of the Penn State boards it appears they are going to be there in force to show support for the players. I would expect nothing less, you have to feel for the players who are being brought into this whole mess. They had nothing to do with it so it would only be right for the fans to support the players. How they feel about the coaches and administration is a whole other thing.

i don't know. you want to support the players, but you can not support them without also supporting the program that was complicit in this systemic, egregious atrocity.

If you were a Penn St fan, I don't know why you wouldn't continue to support the program. The program wasn't complicit in this, one man did a horrible thing, and another handled it 100% the wrong way. But even though Joe is the figurehead of the program, it still consists of so many more. But the remaing players and coaches that make up the majority of the program are not responsible, and right now, need the support of their fanbase more than ever. I would think Joe would have stepped down immediately just for the sake of university, and especially, his players.

When I first opened this thread I thought it was going to be something completely different. Why on earth would Nebraska do that? These events did not happen on our campus, nor did they involve any Nebraska officials, so our best bet is to let Penn State handle this and not make this a bigger hassle than it needs to be.

Honestly, I'd like to see a gesture of sportsmanship from our players and coaches Saturday because I feel for the players at Penn State. This is the last home game for their seniors and instead of this week being about football and their last game at Beaver Stadium, they have to deal with this. We're talking about young men that had absolutely nothing to do with that schmuck, Sandusky...why should they have to suffer? Come Saturday, I'd like to see our guys shaking hands with their guys before the game or at least some gesture of class, from human beings to human beings, letting them know that we feel for them and what is going on, because what's going on at their campus is bigger than the game of football.

+1