Fans thoughts on Joe Paterno coaching on Saturday...

TheMatador

He should absolutely coach another game. The videos of him last night show that he isn't in touch with reality and doesn't accept the gravity of the situation. He has shown where his priorities are, and they definitely aren't with the victims.

I thought the fact that he was more worried about the image of his program than protecting innocent children from a monster very clearly showed where his priorities are.

EXACTLY..............

Wow, so much for innocent until proven guilty. Man our society is way off base on where we, as a nation, began.

I don't believe half of what papers report anymore, because they want their ratings and will do whatever it takes to get them. So until JoPa is proven guilty on anything, he has the right to be with his team this Saturday and every other Sat (unless Penn state gives him admin leave until the verdict is in).

The PA Grand Jury report is not a newspaper.

• Fire 1

Wow, so much for innocent until proven guilty. Man our society is way off base on where we, as a nation, began.

I don't believe half of what papers report anymore, because they want their ratings and will do whatever it takes to get them. So until JoPa is proven guilty on anything, he has the right to be with his team this Saturday and every other Sat (unless Penn state gives him admin leave until the verdict is in).

I don't disagree at all. Innocent until proven guilty. This is the idea that is set in our Constitution.

How is he gonna be proven guilty? For the moment, Paterno isn't a suspect in the investigation and hasn't committed any crimes. Most people, myself included, are condemning him because he has admitted to knowing about these incidents and did nothing about them.

Hmm...I didn't know he admitted to the situation....It's too bad he had to be caught in all this mess...he told his superiors, but I wonder what he actually told them...was he trying to purge and cover up this situation himself?

How is he gonna be proven guilty? For the moment, Paterno isn't a suspect in the investigation and hasn't committed any crimes. Most people, myself included, are condemning him because he has admitted to knowing about these incidents and did nothing about them.

Hmm...I didn't know he admitted to the situation....It's too bad he had to be caught in all this mess...he told his superiors, but I wonder what he actually told them...was he trying to purge and cover up this situation himself?

According to Paterno...

Joseph V. Paterno testified to receiving the graduate assistant's report at his home on a Saturday morning. Paterno testified that the graduate assistant was very upset. Paterno called Tim Curley ("Curley"), Penn State Athletic Director and Paterno's immediate superior, to his home the very next day, a Sunday, and reported to him that the graduate assistant had seen Jerry Sandusky in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy.

For the "innocent until proven guilty" crowd, nobody has convicted Paterno of anything. We don't have to wait for a court of law to know that what he did was wrong.

I challenge anyone to read the Grand Jury Report, including JoePa's testimony, and state with a straight face they believe he did everything in his power to save those children.

I've only read parts of it...it was pretty disturbing. Paterno could've done more....just a really crazy and disturbing situation. Get a phone call from a grad assistant stating one your colleagues is performing "innapropriate acts" on a young boy. Had to be mind-blowing, shocking and scary all at the same time. From an empathetic perspective, that would be something really hard to swallow and take in as a coach....

I'm not trying to defend Paterno by any means...just trying to gain a bit of perspective on this whole crazy ass situation...trying to think of what would Paterno do...what should he have done, why did he do what he did? ya know...

The PA Grand Jury report is not a newspaper.

Grand Jury reports are not exactly written fact. They are often written to be as malicious (or in this case, salacious) as possible to warrant an indictment. Often times they are very inconsistent.

For the "innocent until proven guilty" crowd, nobody has convicted Paterno of anything. We don't have to wait for a court of law to know that what he did was wrong.

I challenge anyone to read the Grand Jury Report, including JoePa's testimony, and state with a straight face they believe he did everything in his power to save those children.

I've only read parts of it...it was pretty disturbing. Paterno could've done more....just a really crazy and disturbing situation. Get a phone call from a grad assistant stating one your colleagues is performing "innapropriate acts" on a young boy. Had to be mind-blowing, shocking and scary all at the same time. From an empathetic perspective, that would be something really hard to swallow and take in as a coach....

I'm not trying to defend Paterno by any means...just trying to gain a bit of perspective on this whole crazy ass situation...trying to think of what would Paterno do...what should he have done, why did he do what he did? ya know...

Well, I think for starters he should have found out if any of the allegations he heard about Sandusky were even remotely correct, at some point in the last nine years. Some effort. Something. Anything. Some kind of inquiry.

Because by failing to do so, he becomes (in my opinion) complicit in Sandusky's perfidy by remaining mum. Further, at a bare minimum, he had a responsibility to every player on his team over the past nine years since the day he found out about this to last week to make sure Sandusky was completely innocent before allowing him around his team.

Joe did nothing.

Inexcusable.

JoePa said something to the effect of "we should pray for the victims" and professes to love his University. If this is true he should remove himself for this game and every game after. How egotistical do you have to be to not realize that your very presence is endangering everything you "profess" to love and care about. Removing himself from the game would immediately stop the talk of forfeiting the game.

He did say that and then he started the "Who are we?" "Penn State." "Who are we?" "Penn State." Chant. Sick, sick, SICK.

T_O_B

Well, I think for starters he should have found out if any of the allegations he heard about Sandusky were even remotely correct, at some point in the last nine years. Some effort. Something. Anything. Some kind of inquiry.

Because by failing to do so, he becomes (in my opinion) complicit in Sandusky's perfidy by remaining mum. Further, at a bare minimum, he had a responsibility to every player on his team over the past nine years since the day he found out about this to last week to make sure Sandusky was completely innocent before allowing him around his team.

Joe did nothing.

Inexcusable.

It's sad what indifference can do..........and Paterno was being indifferent about this issue

+1 Nail on the head. Sometimes I wonder if any of there fans have read it. Pennsylvania sports talk radio is calling him to resign immediately and not play Nebraska Saturday.

Grand Jury reports are not exactly written fact. They are often time written to be as malicious (or in this case, salacious) as possible to warrant an indictment.

But they must contain facts. They cannot aggrandize evidence to ridiculous degrees or those creating them risk prosecution. Further, JoePa's testimony (which is the instant question) is not written salaciously. It is recorded as given.