Fans thoughts on Joe Paterno coaching on Saturday...

TheMatador

I'd be surprised, at the rate this has been unfolding, if he'll be on the sidelines this week....

As opposed to the other games that he's been on the sidelines for...wait, no?

What?

Well, the sky box maybe? I don't usually wear glasses, but when I do, I see JoPa on the sidelines???

I'd be surprised, at the rate this has been unfolding, if he'll be on the sidelines this week....

As opposed to the other games that he's been on the sidelines for...wait, no?

What?

Well, the sky box maybe? I don't usually wear glasses, but when I do, I see JoPa on the sidelines???

being on the sidelines = coaching....

Didn't think I needed to break that down, but ok....

How does Paterno not know about what happened to Sandusky in 98' when there was a police report filed by the Penn State University police?

Paterno did know about that incident because Sandusky was basically forced to resign but to have an all access pass to anything and anywhere where there are kids present is ridiculous.

Then another incident happens in 02' that was made aware to JoPa because of Mike McQuery(sp?) told JoPa and red flags should've been raised but JoPa does nothing but notifies the AD the following day....WTF???

To go 9 years as if nothing happened back in 02' is the most disturbing part and everybody had enough time during that 9 year stretch to do the right thing but they only thought about themselves and the Universities image.

What does Nebraska's dirty laundry have to do with this? If you're saying everyone has skeletons, we'll all agree. But it's an obvious statement with little bearing on this situation, isn't it?

Probably should have posted the quote I was responding to:

The entire situation has forced me appreciate all of the amazing people Nebraska has been so blessed to have throughout the years. I know this is weird, and knowing the emotional state of these (now grown men) is most certainly destroyed forever by Paterno's decision, but the scandal at Penn State makes me proud to be a Husker.

Go Big Red.

Joe Paterno, as classy and respectful as he has always "appeared" to be, always had this hidden shady side in my eyes. He always seem to have this evil eye. Well now my opinion of him is completely in the toilet. I'm done with JoePa. He can leave now. For him to show up year after year and do absolutely nothing (be honest, all he was was a figure head, Obama does more) and reep the benefits of wins orchestrated by tens to hundreds of others shows how truly selfish he is. Now it's all coming to head for him. Get him out, get the crap over so the well-deserving young men on both sides this saturday can compete in a very important game without having the maximum over shadowing of this horrific situation, and for Penn St's well being get the slate clean fast.

If the incident in 02 was the ONLY ONE that JoePa was made aware of....then I could almost give him a pass or at least go along with his comments that he wises he could have done more in response to that situation.....but this was not the only incident...there was a very well documented incident in 98 that received a complete investigation and was eventually dropped ( whic was stupid) but JoePa KNEW of that event and I am willing to bet that he knew about a lot of events. Think about it-if you were a criminal and did not want to get caught, would you commit your crimes in the open or if had the choice--in secret. Sandusky could have easily done his crimes in his basement, off campus, etc, etc, but for whatever reason, he chose to do at least some of them right on site--he either wanted to get caught or was flaunting his untouchable position. You cant tell me that JoePa did not know what was going on. I mean this goes back to 1994 and the guy seemed to make no effort to hide his behavior. So when told about an incident in 02--JoePa not only did the bare minimum for that situation, but for the entire body of work--and this continued for another seven years. If you screw up or exercise bad judgment..and then say your sorry, you made a mistake, ok, I get that...but when the mistake (chosing to ignore the obvious) goes on for decades, dont give me this "I wish I could have done more" crap---not at all.

Just to confirm as I haven't had time to digest everything... The boy who was allegedly raped/molested in the showers as witnessed by the GA, has he ever been found? Doesn't the fact that they waited until the next day outrage people from the perspective that Sandusky could have taken that kid out to the woods later that same day and put a bullet in his head? Maybe the boy has been identified but I thought that wasn't the case. Maybe he doesn't want to come forward. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there for some perspective for any of those who may or may not be feeling sympathy for Paterno. Disclaimer: I havne't read anything on this board today so I am in no way targeting anyone on this board.

http://www.foxnews.c...-state-scandal/

U.S. Education Department to Investigate Penn State Scandal

"The investigation -- to be carried out by the Office of Federal Student Aid -- will determine whether the school followed the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and the Campus Crime Statistics Act, read a statement from the Department of Education. Colleges and universities are required to disclose the number of reported criminal offenses each year on campus under the Campus Crime Statistics Act. Institutions also must issue timely warnings if a reported crime is a threat to the greater campus community, the statement read. If these allegations of sexual abuse are true then this is a horrible tragedy for those young boys," said Education Secretary Arne Duncan. "If it turns out that some people at the school knew of the abuse and did nothing or covered it up, that makes it even worse."