Penn State Scandal Thread

Eric the Red

unable to post reply in the original thread..surprised they weren't merged or something.

Phew!..I think I actually read all of the posts in this thread...or at least up to #197..probably be another page by the time I get done hunting and pecking.

I'll try to not reiterate too much of what has already been posted, And I apologise if what I'm about to ponder upsets anybody.

I still don't know how much of this story I want to share with my own 10 year old son..I'm sure some would think me a terrible father for even bringing it up with him, but I cannot seem to not want him to be prepared for this just incase..Knowledge is power.

so true, i do not want to speculate, and this might be unfair, but what was the child doing with sandusky alone in the locker room. i'm not implying anything, i am genuinely curious. on of the incidents seemed to be in the evening. i am sure the parents are utterly devastated, how horrific. but sandusky's behavior had to seem at least odd to all who knew him. maybe it is just that hard to detect, but that makes it all the more important to educate and prepare your own children.

I'll do some speculating of my own.

I think I read where this "outreach"? type of organization that Sandusky was involved with was geared toward "at risk" kids from a poor part of town..which sadly probably means single parent families..Many of the kids needing a male figure due to absence of their own dads in the house..Might have been considered really lucky to have someone so well thought of in the community spending time with your kid.

So Joe's attempt to bully the board, saying that he'd step down at the end of the year, and the board didn't have to spend any more time thinking about his status, didn't work.

This gives 2 full days plus game day for things to settle down. I'm glad they didn't wait til Friday. Maybe it won't be too emotional at the game.

It really did seem like a man either desperate to hold on or completely detached from reality.

So Joe's attempt to bully the board, saying that he'd step down at the end of the year, and the board didn't have to spend any more time thinking about his status, didn't work.

This gives 2 full days plus game day for things to settle down. I'm glad they didn't wait til Friday. Maybe it won't be too emotional at the game.

It really did seem like a man either desperate to hold on or completely detached from reality.

I'd say the former.