I have never been more proud!!!

Biff Clarn

I have been on ths board for a few years, unfortunately I do not post much but I had to get this out. I just got done watching the video of Bo's press conference and Ron Brown's press conference. All I can say is WOW!!! Watching those videos you can tell that they both "get it". Yes it is Husker Football and most of us live and breath it, but at the end of the day there are WAY MORE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE. We should all be proud that they represent our university in the way they do. I got chills watching their videos.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20111112/BIGRED/311059887/-1#video-postgame-press-conference

I have been on ths board for a few years, unfortunately I do not post much but I had to get this out. I just got done watching the video of Bo's press conference and Ron Brown's press conference. All I can say is WOW!!! Watching those videos you can tell that they both "get it". Yes it is Husker Football and most of us live and breath it, but at the end of the day there are WAY MORE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE. We should all be proud that they represent our university in the way they do. I got chills watching their videos.

http://www.omaha.com...ress-conference

thanks for posting. i know myself and alot of people on this board question his coaching decisions during the games, but i am thrilled with having him as the head coach of cornhuskers. the players are in good hands.

http://www.omaha.com...ress-conference

Biff, thank you so much for posting this! Wow. Very inspiring. We have alot to be thankful for here at NU. Coach Bo was right-this whole thing was about so much more than football. Kudos to our coaches, players and fans. We, along with the Penn State folks, demonstrated grace under pressure. Well done.

I really liked Coach Pelini's comments. Brown's comments just further cemented my belief that only the head coach should do pressers.

Ron Brown is a good coach and a good man. I am extremely proud to have him on our coaching staff and to have him associated with our program. I think he represents us well, and as far as I am concerned he can do pressers any time.

I really liked Coach Pelini's comments. Brown's comments just further cemented my belief that only the head coach should do pressers.

Ron Brown is a good coach and a good man. I am extremely proud to have him on our coaching staff and to have him associated with our program. I think he represents us well, and as far as I am concerned he can do pressers any time.

100% agree.

Ron Brown is a damn fine man and we're lucky as hell to have him.

GBR!!

I too think Bo did well in this interview. It is only fair and right to say "well done Bo." If we are, as I often do, going to question Bo on what we think he has done less than well... then we are duty bound to also give him his props when he has done well.

Way to go Bo. I especially like that he said something to the effect that "as a coach I am an educator and am here to help these young men grow" (again, not a quote, but a summary as I think I heard it). What Bo said (or, at least what I summarized that I think he said) is precisely what a college coach is to do. Very encouraging.

And the team seemed to play hard all game long (not necessarily all that well in an absolute sense ... though given the context, they did well in view of the distractions and the caliber of the opponent --- in general, I think many here down play the reality that Penn State is a really good team). That too was encouraging.

• Fire 1

I too think Bo did well in this interview. It is only fair and right to say "well done Bo." If we are, as I often do, going to question Bo on what we think he has done less than well... then we are duty bound to also give him his props when he has done well.

Way to go Bo. I especially like that he said something to the effect that "as a coach I am an educator and am here to help these young men grow" (again, not a quote, but a summary as I think I heard it). What Bo said (or, at least what I summarized that I think he said) is precisely what a college coach is to do. Very encouraging.

And the team seemed to play hard all game long (not necessarily all that well in an absolute sense ... though given the context, they did well in view of the distractions and the caliber of the opponent --- in general, I think many here down play the reality that Penn State is a really good team). That too was encouraging.

+1

I wonder if his performance in this presser might be a turning point in how the public views Bo..................sort of "humanizing" him, if you will. Certainly, there will be shots of him berating officials in the future, but this image may soften a preconceived image somewhat.........