Brent Qvale...... whatever happened to him?

This was the 1 name that was talked about much last year. Remember the KSU game..... when all those 2nd stringers trotted out after the wood shed beating and everyone was in awe about how physically talented they looked esp. Qvale....

What the heck happened? He was supposed to be a definite starter in spring camp......and now just like the other eyebrow raising personnel issues on offense he's AWOL.

Anyone know what the deal is?

No idea where he's at, but the line is playing better than we expected (still not great), so can't complain too much.

Of course, we could bring up this topic about tons of players that don't see the field and relate it to personnel issues, etc. Bottom line is, fire Bo.....right????

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but maybe Qvale just isn't at that point yet where he deserves serious playing time. Somebody mentioned in another thread that his technique isn't where it needs to be yet. Whether that's true or not, I have no idea. He's still young, though, and has at least two more years to push for playing time.

Same goes for Moore and Thompsen. If they're not playing, it's because they got beat out. In Moore's case, I'm not surprised. He's a true freshman with a ton of potential, but he's still a true freshman. Marcel Jones has been here for many years and is probably the more consistent player right now if he's starting over Moore.

Bo said in today's presser that Qvale and Thompson are both day-to-day with injuries. Ben Cotton and Andrew Rodriguez are doubtful for Michigan.

EDIT - here's an updated from the LJS:

Bo Pelini was asked about several injuries Monday.

-- Starting tight end Ben Cotton is doubtful for Saturday's game at Michigan, the Husker coach said. Cotton's right arm was in a sling after the Penn State game.

-- Starting LG Andrew Rodriguez also is doubtful. He didn't make the trip to Penn State because of an undisclosed injury, which I believe happened late last week in practice.

-- Reserve offensive guard Brandon Thompson and backup wideout Khiry Cooper are "day-to-day" because of injuries.

-- Pelini expects reserve guard Brent Qvale to return to action this week. He could be a big help with depth behind guards Seung Hoon Choi and Spencer Long, who played every down at Penn State.

LINK

Bo said in today's presser that Qvale and Thompson are both day-to-day with injuries. Ben Cotton and Andrew Rodriguez are doubtful for Michigan.

-- Starting tight end Ben Cotton is doubtful for Saturday's game at Michigan, the Husker coach said. Cotton's right arm was in a sling after the Penn State game.

-- Starting LG Andrew Rodriguez also is doubtful. He didn't make the trip to Penn State because of an undisclosed injury, which I believe happened late last week in practice.

-- Reserve offensive guard Brandon Thompson and backup wideout Khiry Cooper are "day-to-day" because of injuries.

-- Pelini expects reserve guard Brent Qvale to return to action this week. He could be a big help with depth behind guards Seung Hoon Choi and Spencer Long, who played every down at Penn State.

LINK

Well, that puts an end to this thread pretty quick. Looks like we've got to start another thread about why this guy or that guy isn't playing and how our coaching staff missuses guys, doesn't play the right guys, recruits bad...........

Well, that puts an end to this thread pretty quick. Looks like we've got to start another thread about why this guy or that guy isn't playing and how our coaching staff missuses guys, doesn't play the right guys, recruits bad...........

Oh, come now, what else is there to do on this board other than that? ;)

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but maybe Qvale just isn't at that point yet where he deserves serious playing time. Somebody mentioned in another thread that his technique isn't where it needs to be yet. Whether that's true or not, I have no idea. He's still young, though, and has at least two more years to push for playing time.

Same goes for Moore and Thompsen. If they're not playing, it's because they got beat out. In Moore's case, I'm not surprised. He's a true freshman with a ton of potential, but he's still a true freshman. Marcel Jones has been here for many years and is probably the more consistent player right now if he's starting over Moore.

He's a JR next year.

Uummm... not much time on the clock.

LINK

So basically if a guy is out of sight we should just assume he's injured.

At this rate 1/2 the team seems to be injured! Good GOD! What happened to Turner's injury :rolleyes: ?

LINK

At this rate 1/2 the team seems to be injured! Good GOD! What happened to Turner's injury :rolleyes: ?

No I don't think you assume he's injured. However, you assume that the coaches are not playing guys on purpose, and they are mismanaging. Is it fair to assume either direction? No. What's fair is admitting we don't know everything that goes on with the football program.

LINK

No I don't think you assume he's injured. However, you assume that the coaches are not playing guys on purpose, and they are mismanaging. Is it fair to assume either direction? No. What's fair is admitting we don't know everything that goes on with the football program.

My post was a little tongue in cheek (in case you missed the roll eyes emoticon).

I don't put much stock into Bo's "injury updates". Guys are AWOL and then suddenly we find out they are injured. If guys are dropping like flies then we need to revisit the S&C program bec. I can't ever remember a time when 4 DT's and about 4 OL got injured in a season. Something's just weird there. Also - what happened to Sirles' progress? He was a 4* and should have been busting out this year but now looks lost in the lineup after playing a lot of snaps in 2010.