Michigan strategy

"If we shut down Burkhead, we force Taylor to throw and his throwing motion is horrible." I can only hope they make this mistake. I know, and this board knows, his throwing motion looks like my sisters, but the kid completes passes. Aside from drops, he can get it to the receivers. I think BigBlue fans under estimate our offense and do not respect our defense.

It may be ugly, but he has been playing very well the last couple of weeks. Not only when he's throwing the ball, but he's making better decisions.

Michigan's defense has been improving, but they are having troubles stopping the run this year. If we could run on the conference's best rushing defense, we can sure as hell run on Michigan's defense.

How do we stop Robinson. We have had problems with mobil QB's and he is about the most mobile, and is an adquate passer. He concerns me more than our offense being able to move the ball.

personally, he is not the QB that either Persa or Colter was.. not saying that that game turned out that well for us, but we still had a chance to win it. I think Robinson gets too much pub because of what he was preseason.. he hasn't nearly lived up to all that.

"If we shut down Burkhead, we force Taylor to throw and his throwing motion is horrible." I can only hope they make this mistake. I know, and this board knows, his throwing motion looks like my sisters, but the kid completes passes. Aside from drops, he can get it to the receivers. I think BigBlue fans under estimate our offense and do not respect our defense.

honestly, i do not think anyone here really knows how your sister throws. let alone if you even have a sister.

Yeah right, genius. I'm sure your sister could throw balls into wrs hands all game long too vs Ohio State, Penn State & Michigan State.

:facepalm:

Robinson is starting to feel the effects of the season. He played sparingly in the second half this last weekend cause he got dinged up and it has been that way for a few games. If this trend continues, we might be seeing Gardner in the second half and that would be good for us.

It may be ugly, but he has been playing very well the last couple of weeks. Not only when he's throwing the ball, but he's making better decisions.

Michigan's defense has been improving, but they are having troubles stopping the run this year. If we could run on the conference's best rushing defense, we can sure as hell run on Michigan's defense.

this this this, You should be able to trample them without much imagination. When you get up UM will revert to pocket passing, which won't work unless you ignore one WR and allow 3 TDs in the last qtr/

I think we can win this one. Drob has been hurt in the past two games and from what I've read on Michigan boards he's not that great of a passer. I hope that Dennard and Co. can pick off several of his passes and that we can see some defensive scoring. I do think it will be important for us to score right away and MAINTAIN that score for the WHOLE 4 QUARTERS of the game. I also hope to see some defensive pressure this game. That's really been lacking. We give the opposing quarterback too much time in the pocket and it kills us.

Spy DR. Stuff the box like most have done to us, let AD and AG go man, have safety support for the run and Beck calls a complete 4 quarter attcking O game plan.

IIRC, DR, has been pulled each of the past two games because of injury. Defensively, I would plan to hit him on every single play. As I said in another thread, not cheap shots or dirty, but when the opportunity presents itself, let him feel the heat. Make him gunshy to take off. D needs to control the LOS and hold their lanes, not allow him in the open field. DR is very quick (not as straight line fast as Martinez), but much more shifty.

That's funny, considering all we do is stop Dennard from running and we are sure to get 5 INTs. Talk about a dude who can't throw.

No logical M fan disrespects your defense after seeing that MSU beatdown. That said, I think you guys are over-estimating how much of a one man team michigan is. This hasn't really been true since notre dame.