Ratings are in - Nebraska @ Penn State was a big draw

knapplc

Thanks for sharing knappic. That's very cool. I don't think folks are 'all of a sudden crazy in love with Ron Brown'. I think they just appreciated the fact that he was there and was able to lead. Besides, I've always been crazy about the guy!

I think it will effect recruiting. What a class act! Any parent would want their student to play for NU. We have done well in our first year in the B1G and we are a very good university.

Looking forward to the game this Saturday! GO BIG RED!

It can't hurt. Not only are we running (what appears to be) a clean program, but also going far beyond the typical program in representing ourselves as a positive environment for young men. If your son was choosing between Ohio State, Miami, Penn State or Nebraska - which would you choose? If you browse through the AP top 25 (and this is just going off memory), LSU, Alabama, Oregon, Oklahoma, Boise, Georgia, SC, USC, Michigan, & Penn State have all had the NCAA knocking on their door in recent memory. That's a pretty big chunk of the programs we compete against for recruits.

It can't hurt. Not only are we running (what appears to be) a clean program, but also going far beyond the typical program in representing ourselves as a positive environment for young men. If your son was choosing between Ohio State, Miami, Penn State or Nebraska - which would you choose? If you browse through the AP top 25 (and this is just going off memory), LSU, Alabama, Oregon, Oklahoma, Boise, Georgia, SC, USC, Michigan, & Penn State have all had the NCAA knocking on their door in recent memory. That's a pretty big chunk of the programs we compete against for recruits.

Well...don't forget about " The Great Book Scandal' at NU. That almost tore down Memorial Stadium and all the tradition with it.....

:sarcasm

God, Walking Dead is easily the worst show to ever get good ratings. Easily. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and never, ever watch it.

Well that's like....your opinion and stuff....man.

I really like that show and consistently watch it over whatever sh**ty-expansion team-never going to make the playoffs-let a lone the superbowl-matchup the NFL limps to the barn with...

God, Walking Dead is easily the worst show to ever get good ratings. Easily. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and never, ever watch it.

Actually for the first season and a half the show was quite possibly becoming one of the top 5 shows on television. The problem is that after it became a huge success and got a massive audience following the studio cut the budget in half, (because Mad Men was massively over budget), lost most of the writing staff to other projects and then worse, they fired Frank Darabont. Darabont directed Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile and was an executive producer/Writer/Director and most importantly the series' showrunner. he was probably the sole reason the series was as good as it started out to be.

That NU-PSU rating is especially amazing since it was essentially a Saturday morning show for much of the country, and it beat out every prime time entertainment show on cable.

From the pre-game gesture, through the game itself, followed by Bo Pelini's press conference, the Huskers came off looking pretty good.

Can't hurt.

SpongeBob in 6th, 8th, 11th, & 12th. Now that's what I'm talking bout.

My son likes the Walking Dead but "Hell on Wheels" is more up my alley. That ones looking pretty good so far.

Side note: The local kid I know who had already signed intent to PSU has now decided to look elsewhere. Knock me over with a feather.....

Actually for the first season and a half the show was quite possibly becoming one of the top 5 shows on television. The problem is that after it became a huge success and got a massive audience following the studio cut the budget in half, (because Mad Men was massively over budget), lost most of the writing staff to other projects and then worse, they fired Frank Darabont. Darabont directed Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile and was an executive producer/Writer/Director and most importantly the series' showrunner. he was probably the sole reason the series was as good as it started out to be.

Exactly, it started out great but is destined for a Heroes-esque ending where it just kind of fades out into a sad sad nothingness.