*** Official Michigan Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

I have to question Bo's thinking. Taylor just took 2 hard shots there and there's not chance in hell that we can win this game. If Taylor gets hurt, Bo should be FIRED immediately.

Really?

Yes Really. It would prove to everyone that he has no clue about coaching. Get your starting Qb injured in a blowout for no reason.

Come on.... Really??

Yes really. Continue being obtuse though.

Its just hard to believe anybody but a child would jump to the conclusion that Bo can't coach. Do you honestly believe Bo can't coach?

You'd think. But some people are ok with it as long as he owns up to his mistakes. I'm not. QUIT MAKING THEM.

It's not that simple. You can't just fire a coach with several years' in a row of winning records. You'll never get another coach that way.

Frank Solich come to mind?

No, but consistent mediocrity does.

You're calling 9- 10- 10- and no worse than 8-win seasons back-to-back-to-back-to-back "mediocre?"

You may as well get used to having horrible coaches then, because if you fire that coach, nobody will come to coach for you.

Well, Bill Callahan will come. And I think we all know how that will work out.

Yeah, if we just hold on for another 10-20 years we will be right into the thick of things again.

Exactly. I love how people use the TO argument for keeping Bo around. Times have changed. You don't get 20 years to prove yourself.

If you average 9 or 10 wins a year, then you probably do get close to 20 years, especially at Nebraska....Osborne will have patience with Bo.

Again, quit looking at the # of wins and look at the losses. The way we lose is the problem: out-coached, undisciplined, mistake-ridden, etc. etc.

That is the problem.

Just watched this game on DVR and wow is all I have to say.....undisciplined,no focus, horrible special teams, defense not making adjustments, more horrible calls by the refs...How has this sorry team won 8 games...coaching is absolutely pathetic.....I am sure you guys covered all these things don't even want to read the posts......our boys only know how to lose one way...UGLY.....can't wait for Bo to take the blame and do nothing about it as usual.....funny how the 2 teams NU beat are gonna play in the CCG....oh well at least I got to FF through this garbage.

Nebraska football can be summed up in one word these last 4 seasons....mediocre.

Better then the words that could be used to describe the 4 years previous to that....

So just because we are better than we were under Billy C we are supposed to be happy?

Not at all.... I'm just raining straight facts up in here....

You are right mediocre is better than crappy.

I appreciate your acknowledgement.

• Fire 1

Nebraska football can be summed up in one word these last 4 seasons....mediocre.

Better then the words that could be used to describe the 4 years previous to that....

So just because we are better than we were under Billy C we are supposed to be happy?

We are better just because Cally left better players for Bo to coach. All of Cally's players are gone now, so who else is there to blame. Now that his players are gone we can't even reach a CCG.

Today was a big step back for Martinez. He looked like TMart from late last year: poor passing, taking bad sacks, missing the hole in the run game.

Maybe I'm focusing so much on the QB position because I don't even want to fathom what this defense, minus Dennard and David, is going to look like (shivers)

You're focusing too much on the QB. This was another all-phase loss. Coaching, offense, defense, special teams, you name it. I'm betting their band outplayed ours.

You'd think. But some people are ok with it as long as he owns up to his mistakes. I'm not. QUIT MAKING THEM.

It's not that simple. You can't just fire a coach with several years' in a row of winning records. You'll never get another coach that way.

You're calling 9- 10- 10- and no worse than 8-win seasons back-to-back-to-back-to-back "mediocre?"

You may as well get used to having horrible coaches then, because if you fire that coach, nobody will come to coach for you.

Yeah, if we just hold on for another 10-20 years we will be right into the thick of things again.

Exactly. I love how people use the TO argument for keeping Bo around. Times have changed. You don't get 20 years to prove yourself.

If you average 9 or 10 wins a year, then you probably do get close to 20 years, especially at Nebraska....Osborne will have patience with Bo.

Again, quit looking at the # of wins and look at the losses. The way we lose is the problem: out-coached, undisciplined, mistake-ridden, etc. etc.

That is the problem.

Not to mention that half of those wins are against a joke of an OOC schedule and bad B1G teams.

Well I stand corrected when I said earlier today that the receivers would show the world that they could get the job done. They have proven me wrong since they cannot catch. Really let down after they had talked about the drops all week and made it a focus.

If our WRs hands were as big as their mouths, we'd have some all-americans out there.

Overall I'm apathetic, we got down 24-10 right after half after that fumble and things just snowballed. We were still in the game, get a stop, and then the refs give them a first down on the Roughing the Kicker penalty. Things just fell apart from there because we couldn't get off the field after that.

Overall team loss against a team that came ready and fired up to play. Michigan played like they were on a mission and it showed.

Well I stand corrected when I said earlier today that the receivers would show the world that they could get the job done. They have proven me wrong since they cannot catch. Really let down after they had talked about the drops all week and made it a focus.

Likewise, I've probably defended them as much as anyone, but today, they earned what they will receive.

I have to question Bo's thinking. Taylor just took 2 hard shots there and there's not chance in hell that we can win this game. If Taylor gets hurt, Bo should be FIRED immediately.

Really?

Yes Really. It would prove to everyone that he has no clue about coaching. Get your starting Qb injured in a blowout for no reason.

Come on.... Really??

Yes really. Continue being obtuse though.

Its just hard to believe anybody but a child would jump to the conclusion that Bo can't coach. Do you honestly believe Bo can't coach?

It is not whether he can coach defense or not it is a question is he a head coach and can he recruit athletes?

That is the problem.

Not to mention that half of those wins are against a joke of an OOC schedule and bad B1G teams.

I didn't think the OOC was that bad this year, and do you realize that if Penn ST. beats Wisky next week that we will have beaten both teams in the CCG? We have had good wins, but our losses have been bad, no question.