The "IT" Factor - Does Bo Have it?

Landomatic

The "It Factor" is a dangerous way of looking at things.

It's a catch-all for explaining the unexplainable. Often it's just "I don't believe in this guy and don't have anything concrete to back me up, so he must not have _____. See? I can't even fill in the blank."

This post is so ... well... it's just lacking "it..." you know? I mean, you know like... it's like... you know when there's like... and totally when.... like you know... I was... just... It's just not it-having!

Personally, I think Bo better be figuring "IT" out, and make some changes on the coaching staff. This was "his" team, and it has been disappointing in Husker standards. He is supposed to be a defensive guru, but we haven't seen that, and the O-line is dismal under Cotton.

Bo absolutely has the so called "it" factor. He proved it by taking a team that was as disorganized a football program under Callahan and turned us into a consistent 9-10 win team. Let's face it people we don't have the pizazz in Nebraska to be a consistent national title contender, but Bo will at least keep us consistent. Then when he gets a real great team together one year he can challenge for a national title. I am behind Bo all the way except for his philosophy on rarely blitzing.....but that's another topic of discussion.

Bo absolutely has the so called "it" factor. He proved it by taking a team that was as disorganized a football program under Callahan and turned us into a consistent 9-10 win team.

Hate when people use how Bo turned around the Callacrap mess we had as some sort of awesome thing. One third...half...two thirds of the college coaches in America could have done that. Gotten Nebraska to a level that we are winning the games we are supposed to win...WOW, what an accomplishment. These are the same people who will tell you how unbelievably bad Callahan was and act like he was one of the worst coaches ever. But a coach comes in here and wins a few more games a year and it's all of the sudden this huge accomplishment? Gimme a freakin break!!! Bo has accomplished nothing more than the bear minimum at this point. No big wins (minus maybe Michigan State this year which was completely negated by 3 other crap losses) and beating only the teams you're supposed to beat ain't that special. Bo might get there and I don't think he should e fired (that's crazy talk) but don't tell me that improving the mess that Callahan had us in is some sort of award winning accomplishment. I can draw better than my kid too, but that sure as hell doesn't make me any sort of gifted artist!!

I am laughing at this thread, which IT FACTOR are you talking about? A pronoun of an object or animal, and sometimes a baby. Yes, Bo has the HC job (it), he owns a house (it), he wear an sweat shirt (it) to home games, he drives a car (it), has his own office (it), he has his own hair (it) with a halo on top, and he runs the football program (it) at NU. I say he has the IT factor, live with it.

Have a good Holiday everyone on HB!

If there's one thing this thread is teaching us, it's that nobody really knows what "IT" is.

I'm betting TO does. Hopefully his successor does, too.

And if Bo really doesn't have "IT" right now (not saying he does or doesn't), I'm hoping he finds "IT" this off season.

I thought the "it" factor was pretty clearly defined in the OP. Not sure how the "it" we're talking about is confusing to anyone.

If there's one thing this thread is teaching us, it's that nobody really knows what "IT" is.

And if Bo really doesn't have "IT" right now (not saying he does or doesn't), I'm hoping he finds "IT" this off season.

I thought the "it" factor was pretty clearly defined in the OP. Not sure how the "it" we're talking about is confusing to anyone.

Yeah, it's clearly defined as intangible. Hence the difficulty to quantify it.

Yeah, it's clearly defined as intangible. Hence the difficulty to quantify it.

but then Bo has been known to step in it as well.......... :lol: