Which bowl game will we go to?

The Arizona/Washington results just show that playing a lesser bowl opponent doesn't guarantee a win and good feelings carrying into the next season.

Play in the best bowl game you can, come prepared to play, and if you get beat by a better team, learn more about your weaknesses and what you need to do to improve. Beating a top 10 SEC team would be a huge confidence boost for next year. Beating a team not in the top 25, not so much, and losing to one would be crushing.

I agree 100%. You can't have a marquee win without a marquee opponent. A strong carries a lot of risk but so does a weak one. I thought Washington looked worse than Wisconsin. At we had a national stage to look bad on least light to look bad on where recruits can see the team is getting there it just needs help getting over the hump.

Wasn't one of the thing s that was so great about the B1G that their bowl affiliates HAD to pick their invites based on final conference standings? All of this speculation should be a non issue.

No, one of the things that was so great is they actually had great bowl tie-ins. The big 12 has horrible bowls they are tied into.

• Fire 1

I'd prefer to not go to a bowl and just have the season over. I fear for the B1G. This conference is just so weak ... from my perspective ... and we really didn't dominate in any way. It would not surprise me if the B1G won only one bowl game this year. If we go up against the same seeded team from the Big 12 or the SEC ... I see us getting dominated if not embarrassed. My prediction for the season was four losses so you can see my prediction for the bowl game pretty clearly.

By the way, this isn't a "Debbie Downer" comment ... it's been my view all year. I think we had a good season, some growing strides were made.

I'd prefer to not go to a bowl and just have the season over. I fear for the B1G. This conference is just so weak ... from my perspective ... and we really didn't dominate in any way. It would not surprise me if the B1G won only one bowl game this year. If we go up against the same seeded team from the Big 12 or the SEC ... I see us getting dominated if not embarrassed. My prediction for the season was four losses so you can see my prediction for the bowl game pretty clearly.

By the way, this isn't a "Debbie Downer" comment ... it's been my view all year. I think we had a good season, some growing strides were made.

wait wut?

tumblr_lgbj6dMOzl1qf8yek.gif

I don't get people who say they want no part of _______. Upsets happen all the time. Sure, we'd be a heavy underdog, but so what? Maybe we put together the best game of the season and get a huge win. If we lose by three scores, who cares? It'll be a bowl not that many people cared about in the first place, and it would only be the result everyone was expecting anyway (like Alabama vs. MSU last year). We still get the helpful extra bowl practices and the recruiting time in Florida. I'd much rather take a shot at one of the big boys then get a crappy team with no reward for beating (and a chance of a psychological letdown like last year).

• Fire 1

I have no problem with playing Arkansas. I think the point of a bowl game should be to play a good, interesting team that you don't normally get to play. True, they might whip us, but imagine how awesome it would be if we won. Losing to a highly ranked team bothers me a lot less than losing to a sh**ty one.

Wilson is fairly mobile (much better than Mallett was) but our system makes it to where he never has to run. Our backup Brandon Mitchell is a pure scrambler though. I think it would be a great game of offensive vs. defensive mind. If Suh was still there he'd have 10 sacks on our OL though lol

If it does happen i hope Tevin Mitchel has a good game :P

:hookerhorns Love that emoticon by the way

With the MIchigan win.....and looks like Wiscy is rolling into title game with revenge on it's mind....it is ALL in the hands of the BCS... If they want Michigan in BCS, hello Capital One Bowl vs Arky........if Michigan falls out of BCS, hello Outback vs Georgia / South Carolina