Which bowl game will we go to?

I'd prefer to not go to a bowl and just have the season over. I fear for the B1G. This conference is just so weak ... from my perspective ... and we really didn't dominate in any way. It would not surprise me if the B1G won only one bowl game this year. If we go up against the same seeded team from the Big 12 or the SEC ... I see us getting dominated if not embarrassed. My prediction for the season was four losses so you can see my prediction for the bowl game pretty clearly.

By the way, this isn't a "Debbie Downer" comment ... it's been my view all year. I think we had a good season, some growing strides were made.

And not having the extra Bowl game practices and recruiting exposure would help us how?

I don't get people who say they want no part of _______. Upsets happen all the time. Sure, we'd be a heavy underdog, but so what? Maybe we put together the best game of the season and get a huge win. If we lose by three scores, who cares? It'll be a bowl not that many people cared about in the first place, and it would only be the result everyone was expecting anyway (like Alabama vs. MSU last year). We still get the helpful extra bowl practices and the recruiting time in Florida. I'd much rather take a shot at one of the big boys then get a crappy team with no reward for beating (and a chance of a psychological letdown like last year).

PLUS a gaZILLION to you sir!

Everyone keeps saying they'd rather play South Carolina, and that we hate mobile QB's. Everyone here realized that their "backup" Shaw has three 100 yard rushing games in a row and almost 500 yards on the season, despite not playing 1/2 of it. He's quick too and runs a 4.5 40yard dash. I think they've converted to a read option offense the past few games and the Offensive output has gone up. They hung 34 on (at the time) 17th ranked Clemson (their rivalry game). They held the high flying Clemson offense to 13 points (they been avg 33 a game). I watched that game on ESPN and they killed the tigers.

SC has the #4 overall D in the FBS. SC's D line is scary good. I'm not sure that we match up that well with them. I think I'd rather have UGA...

I realize that these are just stats and you've got to play the game, but GA hasn't played a ranked team since week 2. Let's hope a bulldog beatdown is in order...

Isn't Arkansas a lock for the Cotton Bowl in Dallas? As far as the Cap One and Outback, I thought UScar and UGA were in line for those games and both would be tough draws for both Neb and Mich State.

I'd say we have a good shot at either. The reason we could go to the cap one is because they get first pick and could pick us depending on how UGA looks in the SECCG...and the fact that we've already played in cowboys stadium this year. But the cap one does usually take an east team so they probably will pick georgia

Everyone keeps saying they'd rather play South Carolina, and that we hate mobile QB's. Everyone here realized that their "backup" Shaw has three 100 yard rushing games in a row and almost 500 yards on the season, despite not playing 1/2 of it. He's quick too and runs a 4.5 40yard dash. I think they've converted to a read option offense the past few games and the Offensive output has gone up. They hung 34 on (at the time) 17th ranked Clemson (their rivalry game). They held the high flying Clemson offense to 13 points (they been avg 33 a game). I watched that game on ESPN and they killed the tigers.

SC has the #4 overall D in the FBS. SC's D line is scary good. I'm not sure that we match up that well with them. I think I'd rather have UGA...

I realize that these are just stats and you've got to play the game, but GA hasn't played a ranked team since week 2. Let's hope a bulldog beatdown is in order...

Not making excuses, but Clemson lost 3 of it's last four while being nowhere near that 33 ppg in any of the games.

I was listening to 1620 the Zone today and Kevin K said he thought it would be fun to play South Carolina because they love Nebraska. Of the fans that come to the College World Series each year, South Carolina has the biggest group. To me playing South Carolina would be a hoot. I love watching Steve Spurier (sp?) get mad! I remember when he used to coach at Florida-loved those games. However, I really would like to play Arkansas. That would be a very good game. We'll see :)

I was listening to 1620 the Zone today and Kevin K said he thought it would be fun to play South Carolina because they love Nebraska. Of the fans that come to the College World Series each year, South Carolina has the biggest group. To me playing South Carolina would be a hoot. I love watching Steve Spurier (sp?) get mad! I remember when he used to coach at Florida-loved those games. However, I really would like to play Arkansas. That would be a very good game. We'll see :)

They're crazy good in Baseball.

Not to sound sore about things here guys but Michigan State has the best regular season record out of any Big Ten team, and yet there are talks of MSU dropping to the Outback or even possibly the insight or gator with a loss to Wisconsin. Obviously, I hope we just take care of business again against Wisconsin but for a team that goes 7-1 in the conference to be rewarded for a great season with a trip to the insight bowl simply does not seem right to me, and I would make this argument for any team in the BIG that has a similar season.

Not to sound sore about things here guys but Michigan State has the best regular season record out of any Big Ten team, and yet there are talks of MSU dropping to the Outback or even possibly the insight or gator with a loss to Wisconsin. Obviously, I hope we just take care of business again against Wisconsin but for a team that goes 7-1 in the conference to be rewarded for a great season with a trip to the insight bowl simply does not seem right to me, and I would make this argument for any team in the BIG that has a similar season.

I mean, can you really argue going to a lower bowl than Nebraska? Yes, you have one conference loss... Nebraska. Assuming you lose to Wisconsin, you will even be ranked lower than we will most likely. I don't see what's the problem? If it was us, I'd completely understand. If we lose and don't take care of business, than no, we don't deserve that upper-tier bowl game.

I agree it sucks (personally, I'd back a rule that requires the CCG loser to go to the league's #1 non-BCS bowl, Capital One for the Big Ten). That's just not how it goes pretty much ever though. The loser of the CCG is assumed to be disappointed about not going to a BCS game, their team has had momentum sapped away, their fans are feared to travel less well in light of their disappointing finish. Generally the CCG loser is treated like damaged goods and punted down to the #3 or #4 (or in Nebraska's case last year, #5) bowl game. It unfairly punishes the team for making it to the CCG, but that's just the way it is. In MSU's case this year, it would hurt their case doubly bad because they lost to Nebraska head to head. Nebraska is also probably going to get some favorable treatment from the Big Ten's bowls for awhile as they've never had the Huskers before.

Regarding Nebraska, basically I think our scenarios are:

Wisky wins Big Ten, Michigan goes to the BCS: Capital One

Wisky wins, Michigan doesn't get BCS: Outback

Sparty wins, Michigan does get BCS: Outback

Sparty wins, Michigan doesn't get BCS: Insight.