2012 Schedule

huskerhaze

Personally, I think there's no way Ball stays.

We also have a 4* QB (Bart Houston) coming in from California in the spring and will be a freshman next year. He could challenge for the starting spot in 2013, if not earlier.

Yea me neither to be honest. I'd like him to but after years of losing guys early at that position I no longer hold my breath. Go get your money kid, at least it could help with recruiting.

meh :dunno Houston looks to be a typical Chryst QB. Smart Pro Style kid but nothing to make me pee my pants in excitement. Overall recruiting this year should go just fine, top 25 or just outside of it...we never go for stars anyhow, just kids that fit our system and from looking at those monster O-Lineman and Vonte Jackson I'm pretty excited. It'll be good to have another RB from WI...here's to you John Clay :cheers

Thank you for the insight.... Gives a good picture of how you both feel about Wisconsin.... from an outsider's point of view, I share about the same sentiment. Wasn't sure about your OL, but thought it would be pretty stinkin good.

Hopefully you are 4-0 coming in and defending Rose Bowl Champs, then 4-1 on your way out.....ha.... good luck this Saturday

Thanks HANC, one game at a time.

We still have to get by MSU and that's been a problem for our kids. After that I don't even want to think about what Kelly will have cooking in Pasadena.

Anyhow, next season should be exciting for just about everyone in the Big Ten (except you Minnesota, except you....)

Just for fun...

Offensive Lines

OT

Wisconsin: Wagner 6-6 320lbs

Green Bay: Baluga 6-5 315lbs

Wisconsin: Oglesby 6-7 330lbs

Green Bay: Sitton 6-3 318lbs

OG

Wisconsin: Groy 6-5 320lbs

Green Bay: Lang 6-4 318lbs

Wisconsin: 6-4 315lbs

Green Bay: Newhouse 6-4 319lbs

C

Wisconsin: Fredrick 6-4 330lbs

Green Bay: Wells 6-2 300lbs

Looking at it though NU's got a monster O-Line as well.

Southern Miss

@ UCLA

Arkansas State

Wisconsin

@Ohio State

@Northwestern

Michigan

@Michigan State

Penn State

Minnesota

@Iowa

That bolded section is an absolute bear. There isn't one of those games that isn't losable. At jNW *should* be the easiest one, but look how that went this year in Lincoln...

Might as well bold Iowa as well. They're some tricky little sh*ts in Kinnick.

Might as well bold Iowa as well. They're some tricky little sh*ts in Kinnick.

Yeah, I just chose to bold the stretch I did because of its back to back to back to back nature. At least with Iowa, we should be able to catch our breath with Minny the week before. Also against Iowa, I was very struck by the athletic disparity between the Hawkeyes and Huskers. It was sort of like what alot of Husker fans were hoping to see all year, with our edge in speed and overall athleticism cutting Iowa apart all game long. Really, I don't know how that game only ended up 20-7, it felt much more lopsided. But I do know Iowa tends to play much better at Kinnick, so you're probably right that it belongs in the "dangerous game" category.

I'm debating nw or Ohio st, both sound amazing

Playing at Evanston is rarely amazing. I understand the revenge factor but NW doesn't get much local support (unless you're excited because tickets will be cheap and easy to come by...then you're golden).

Oh I don't think he was debating Ryan Field vs the Shoe, I think his calculus was more like this:

We know the following:

Ryan Field < The Horseshoe

Chicago > Columbus

but....

Ryan Field + Chicago ? The Horseshoe + Columbus

Oh I don't think he was debating Ryan Field vs the Shoe, I think his calculus was more like this:

We know the following:

Ryan Field < The Horseshoe

Chicago > Columbus

but....

Ryan Field + Chicago ? The Horseshoe + Columbus

FWIW I was speaking of visiting Ryan Field on it's own merits without any comparison to playing at Ohio Stadium.

Northwestern is consistently one of the weakest visitor game day experiences in the conference with Indiana & Minnesota being the other two at the bottom of the barrel. (Two caveats on the latter two; Ohio State at Bloomington can be a great time merely because it becomes a de facto home game and Minnesota's new stadium alone makes the experience far better than in the awful, awful Metrodome.)

There are plenty of amazing venues for games within the Big Ten....Ryan Field just isn't one of them.