Rumblings of Player Transfer

Landlord

Isnt up to the players to take a red shirt?

Correct me if im wrong. Dont the coaches encourage rs where needed, but its ultimatly up to the player.

It's ultimately up to the coach who determines whether they see the field. The player can tell the coach they're not redshirting, but if they don't play.....

It's hard to take someone seriously when they so obviously let their personal feelings about a player or coach overtake their ability to converse about the team. Bo has made mistakes, but this is just way over the top. It gets old.

I like Bo, but like I said, he does some dumb sh#t sometimes. When he does, I will certainly call him on it. The same way at my job when I do some dumb sh#t, I got people I answer to. Whether Bo likes it or not, he will always have to hear it from the fans when he fu#*$ up. That's part of the game, and part of life for that matter. So I think everyone can try to go ahead and get over that. I also understand that this is Pelini's first go around at HC. It's gonna take him some time to learn his job, just like it takes the rest of us time to learn ours. I don't believe in firing a guy because he makes a mistake. I believe in firing a guy when he makes the same mistakes over and over again. Bo has not reached that point in my opinion. A lot of people are screaming for this guy to be gone. I am not one of them so don't try to paint me with that brush. This just happens to be an area that Bo has got to get better at.

I once had a employee get nominated for employee of the year by the chamber of commerce because from the outside looking in they all thought the person did a wonderful job and was fantastic at doing their job. From my perspective they were a problem employee, bad for company morale, attendance sucked and the quality of their work was piss poor. And to add to it they were ever a team player. The only redeeming quality about the person was that she was nice to the public. I was about to fire them when they were nominated for this award. The community wasn't an expert judge of who was doing what good in my company because they didn't know what was going on or they wouldn't have nominated this person.

I'm not we understand enough about whats going on with the football team to be a judge on if Bo "fukked" up as you put it. Or if he wasted redshirts, circumstances with the player changed, what their effort or learning curve is, or if they had been informed they should reshirt etc. Its like he's submitting month end reports and he keeps coding the car expense as an advertising expense over and over ever month. You're dealing with people. Kids of all people and the fact is sometimes they don't follow through.

I think yes on the surface it looks like he might have played some kids that should have waited a year but maybe they stop improving and older guys go motivated when they didn't start. I think Bo could have played Cody Green last year and kept him at NU as a good back up. But thats all on the outside looking in. I know now he did ask Aaron Green to redshirt and he didn't want to even though Ron Brown told him he might not get any carries. I also know in Cody Green's case he was asked to stay at QB for spring ball and after if he wanted to move to another spot to help the team he could and in fact they did ask him. I don't know why Carnes didn't get more snaps this year other than he continually made mistakes in practice that would normally cost you in a game and its hard to run the offense when you don't know it as well as you should. At the end of the year I was told there is more to it as the season when on but they wouldn't go into detail. I'm assuming it had to do with contact with Cody but that might have nothing to do with it.

So. . .yes we can be some what critical of the coaches but at the same time we need to realize we as fans on the outside might not be as smart as we think we are either.

I think this well said, but I also believe the OP stated what in fact many people think but just don't voice. We absolutely don't know what goes on behind closed doors and at practice, but what we do know is that our #2 quarterback has NO meaningful snaps of any kind. To me, that is a very large potential problem

I think a lot of things could be eased off a little bit if Bo wansn't so incredibly tight lipped about everything. The fact is we are in a state with one major football program that polarizes the entire state changes expectations. People live and die with Husker football, I mean look as this board on gameday, people live and breath it. They want to know what is going on in "their" program. And I think the program is as much ours as the players and coaches. You don't have to tell everything, or even most everything, but if you give people (fanbase) a little bit, they still feel like its their program and they are part of it. I think a lot of the rumors fly partly because it is do difficult to get anything of substance out of Bo, and if people don't get facts, they'll make up their own.

It's hard to take someone seriously when they so obviously let their personal feelings about a player or coach overtake their ability to converse about the team. Bo has made mistakes, but this is just way over the top. It gets old.

I like Bo, but like I said, he does some dumb sh#t sometimes. When he does, I will certainly call him on it. The same way at my job when I do some dumb sh#t, I got people I answer to. Whether Bo likes it or not, he will always have to hear it from the fans when he fu#*$ up. That's part of the game, and part of life for that matter. So I think everyone can try to go ahead and get over that. I also understand that this is Pelini's first go around at HC. It's gonna take him some time to learn his job, just like it takes the rest of us time to learn ours. I don't believe in firing a guy because he makes a mistake. I believe in firing a guy when he makes the same mistakes over and over again. Bo has not reached that point in my opinion. A lot of people are screaming for this guy to be gone. I am not one of them so don't try to paint me with that brush. This just happens to be an area that Bo has got to get better at.

I once had a employee get nominated for employee of the year by the chamber of commerce because from the outside looking in they all thought the person did a wonderful job and was fantastic at doing their job. From my perspective they were a problem employee, bad for company morale, attendance sucked and the quality of their work was piss poor. And to add to it they were ever a team player. The only redeeming quality about the person was that she was nice to the public. I was about to fire them when they were nominated for this award. The community wasn't an expert judge of who was doing what good in my company because they didn't know what was going on or they wouldn't have nominated this person.

I'm not we understand enough about whats going on with the football team to be a judge on if Bo "fukked" up as you put it. Or if he wasted redshirts, circumstances with the player changed, what their effort or learning curve is, or if they had been informed they should reshirt etc. Its like he's submitting month end reports and he keeps coding the car expense as an advertising expense over and over ever month. You're dealing with people. Kids of all people and the fact is sometimes they don't follow through.

I think yes on the surface it looks like he might have played some kids that should have waited a year but maybe they stop improving and older guys go motivated when they didn't start. I think Bo could have played Cody Green last year and kept him at NU as a good back up. But thats all on the outside looking in. I know now he did ask Aaron Green to redshirt and he didn't want to even though Ron Brown told him he might not get any carries. I also know in Cody Green's case he was asked to stay at QB for spring ball and after if he wanted to move to another spot to help the team he could and in fact they did ask him. I don't know why Carnes didn't get more snaps this year other than he continually made mistakes in practice that would normally cost you in a game and its hard to run the offense when you don't know it as well as you should. At the end of the year I was told there is more to it as the season when on but they wouldn't go into detail. I'm assuming it had to do with contact with Cody but that might have nothing to do with it.

So. . .yes we can be some what critical of the coaches but at the same time we need to realize we as fans on the outside might not be as smart as we think we are either.

How do you know Aaron was asked to red shirt? I heard a lot of maybe he was asked but nothing definitive. I just find it odd that he was told to red shirt yet he was so vocal this summer about getting an opportunity to play and learning the playbook. I just do see him being as disappointed about not playing if he knew the coaches asked him to red shirt.

The coaches. I understand why Aaron is disappointed and that stems from his coach telling him in the days before a couple of the games he would possibly get more carries and for what ever reason he wasn't subbed into the game like they thought would happen or Beck wanted a different back in at the time for the package. But stuff like that happens. I think thats why he was probably frustrated more than anything. I probably would be disappointed myself thinking I would get more carries and then not have it pan out, never mind the fact that the reality was I should have been happy to carry the ball at all when there was a reality I might get zero. This guy is a competitor. I'd be disappointed in him if he wasn't frustrated that he wasn't playing more.

I think this well said, but I also believe the OP stated what in fact many people think but just don't voice. We absolutely don't know what goes on behind closed doors and at practice, but what we do know is that our #2 quarterback has NO meaningful snaps of any kind. To me, that is a very large potential problem

I think a lot of things could be eased off a little bit if Bo wansn't so incredibly tight lipped about everything. The fact is we are in a state with one major football program that polarizes the entire state changes expectations. People live and die with Husker football, I mean look as this board on gameday, people live and breath it. They want to know what is going on in "their" program. And I think the program is as much ours as the players and coaches. You don't have to tell everything, or even most everything, but if you give people (fanbase) a little bit, they still feel like its their program and they are part of it. I think a lot of the rumors fly partly because it is do difficult to get anything of substance out of Bo, and if people don't get facts, they'll make up their own.

I agree that information should be easier to come by. I'd love it if we all knew what was going on. But at the same time injury news can't be released like it used to be. Teams also have staff that search for information on opposing teams all the time to see whats happening in practice, games, the program etc to see if they can get an edge. Plus. . .you don't air all the details of your work to your customers so I guess we shouldn't expect that from them either. But yes. . .I wish he's sit down once a year and give us his opinion about the team and who's got promise etc. Or they'd let guys in practice like they used to and we'd get to read about a third team running back ripping off a 79 yrd TD run against the first team defense. But I can also see the bad side of that too when you preach being about the team and not one player and don't want to have the sky is falling stories from time to time.

I do however think its fantastic that we are so zealous for news about our football team. Its what makes Nebraska Football so special. At the same time its also our biggest short coming at times.

How do you know Aaron was asked to red shirt? I heard a lot of maybe he was asked but nothing definitive. I just find it odd that he was told to red shirt yet he was so vocal this summer about getting an opportunity to play and learning the playbook. I just do see him being as disappointed about not playing if he knew the coaches asked him to red shirt.

The coaches. I understand why Aaron is disappointed and that stems from his coach telling him in the days before a couple of the games he would possibly get more carries and for what ever reason he wasn't subbed into the game like they thought would happen or Beck wanted a different back in at the time for the package. But stuff like that happens. I think thats why he was probably frustrated more than anything. I probably would be disappointed myself thinking I would get more carries and then not have it pan out, never mind the fact that the reality was I should have been happy to carry the ball at all when there was a reality I might get zero. This guy is a competitor. I'd be disappointed in him if he wasn't frustrated that he wasn't playing more.

So the coaches told you that Aaron Green was supposed to red shirt but he did not want to so he didn't? Just trying to be clear.

da skers can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he's stated that Green was encouraged to redshirt and when he told the coaches he wanted to play, they were very honest with him regarding the amount of playing time he was likely to see. It appears that estimate may have ended up being high, but that's how it goes in major college football.

• Fire 1

I think yes on the surface it looks like he might have played some kids that should have waited a year but maybe they stop improving and older guys go motivated when they didn't start. I think Bo could have played Cody Green last year and kept him at NU as a good back up.

Here's what I could find looking at the play-by-play. Green could have played more but I could only tell when he ran or threw a pass.

Western Kentycky - One series in the second quarter and a couple series in the fourth quarter (before Lee gets in)

Idaho - Played entire fourth quarter

Washington - One play in the second quarter, fumbled and gave Washington the ball on our six yard line

SD St. - Played most of the fourth quarter

Kansas St. - Played last 10 minutes of the 4th quarter

Texas - Didn't play (Zac Lee played most of the second half)

OK St. - Didn't play

Missouri - Couldn't tell a lot as it was the Roy Helu show. Lee played mostly after Martinez was hurt but couldn't tell on some drives.

Iowa St. - Played entire game

Kansas - Didn't Play

Texas A&M - Came in during the 1st quarter and played the rest of the half

Colorado - Started and played until Lee came in during the 4th quarter

Oklahoma - Didn't play

Bowl - Played entire 4th quarter

So that's two games he started and played until it was locked up, three more games he was in during the first half, five games where he played most of the fourth quarter and only four games (at most) he didn't play at all. How much more did he have to play before he hit the magic point where he decided to stay?

My source inside the program says that none of these 3 guys is planning to transfer and he isn't aware of any who are. He says that at least one of these players is actually quite po'd that these types of rumors seem to have any credibility. He thinks too many people have way too much spare time

I actually don't mind that Green didn't redshirt. He got a lot of reps in practice and now he knows what he has to work on to excel at this level. Same with Abdullah.

The only back I would've liked to see redshirt was Braylon Heard... that injury was the perfect excuse to give him a medical redshirt. With that said, I understand why he wanted to play and I doubt burning ANY redshirts will come back to haunt us.

My source inside the program says that none of these 3 guys is planning to transfer and he isn't aware of any who are. He says that at least one of these players is actually quite po'd that these types of rumors seem to have any credibility. He thinks too many people have way too much spare time

I'm getting disgusted with the rumors as well....even the Carl Pelini rumors are getting a bit over-the-top. Carl, as of right now, is on the recruiting trail. If Carl was going to leave.....don't you think there would be more smoke and some legitimate evidence showing that Carl isn't going on any recruiting trips?

Why would Carl keep recruiting...."Oh, hey guys. I'd love it if you came to Nebraska, but I won't be there next year. Sorry that I spent all of this time with you trying to convince you to come to Nebraska when I will be leaving soon." Doesn't add up to me...

Brion is one of them, and I know this might ruffle some feathers, but I've seen Brion play, and I hate to break it to you Martinez kool aid drinkers, but Brion is a better dual threat QB than Martinez will ever be. Now Brion may not understand the offense the way Martinez does, but you can't tell me it looked like Martinez even had a great grasp of it.

You can have all the talent in the world, but if you have no idea WTF is going on, you're a liability. Hate to break it to you, but you're wrong.

I think this well said, but I also believe the OP stated what in fact many people think but just don't voice. We absolutely don't know what goes on behind closed doors and at practice, but what we do know is that our #2 quarterback has NO meaningful snaps of any kind. To me, that is a very large potential problem.

CHATTANOOGA W 40-7

FRESNO STATE W 42-29

WASHINGTON W 51-38

WYOMING W 38-14

WISCONSIN L 48-17

OHIO STATE W 34-27

MINNESOTA W 41-14

MICH. STATE W 24-3

NORTHWESTERN L 28-25

PENN STATE W 17-14

MICHIGAN L 45-17

IOWA W 20-7

3 blowouts all year, and Carnes played in all 3. Do risk losing a game to develop one player?

• Fire 2