Arkansas vs Huskers.. Cap 1 bowl......

Hog Sker

You guys are too hard on yourselves. It wouldnt be a blowout even if we do win. Our defense sucks against a power running game and burkhead is a tough runner...plus we struggle with mobile QBs and martinez can scramble. We seem to do our best against a spread offense. Our offensive line has been bad (but we are young fwiw) all season so you'd get pressure...its just up to wilson to escape the rush and throw on the run, which he has had success doing this season. I think it would be a great matchup.

Is your opinion shared by other Arkansas fans? What's the general consensus about your bowl with you guys?

I'll say this, NU would luck out to draw the Razorbacks in a bowl. They are a FUN team to play. Win or lose you'll enjoy the game.

Wisconsin's 2006 matchup with them is still one of my favorite games from the Bielema era and not just because we won.

Arkansas would be the best matchup of the three SEC schools hands down. They are the worse defensive unit of the three. NU could run on them. As our Hog fan has said that is how Bama and LSU took them to the shed. They give up about 180 a game on the ground I believe and that is close enough to the "magic" 200 number. NU could definitely expose the Hog line.

Yes Wilson is a great QB. But Dennard can take Jarious Wright out of the game as he did with Cunningham and McNutt. Also some people still haven't noticed that Andrew Green is playing excellent ball right now and has been for the last 5 games. Losing Kniles Davis has hurt the Hog ground game. He would be a handful. Is WIngo even playing much or hurt(sorry haven't seen much of late). The biggest matchup problem would be Arky WRs in the slot vs Ciante and Thorell.

This game would be a very good game and is definitely winnable. Yes that is me being a homer but also is backed by facts.

You guys are too hard on yourselves. It wouldnt be a blowout even if we do win. Our defense sucks against a power running game and burkhead is a tough runner...plus we struggle with mobile QBs and martinez can scramble. We seem to do our best against a spread offense. Our offensive line has been bad (but we are young fwiw) all season so you'd get pressure...its just up to wilson to escape the rush and throw on the run, which he has had success doing this season. I think it would be a great matchup.

Is your opinion shared by other Arkansas fans? What's the general consensus about your bowl with you guys?

I'll say this, NU would luck out to draw the Razorbacks in a bowl. They are a FUN team to play. Win or lose you'll enjoy the game.

Wisconsin's 2006 matchup with them is still one of my favorite games from the Bielema era and not just because we won.

Most Arkansas fans seem to want the cotton bowl more. Just because it's closer and the possibility of playing a border state like Oklahoma. I sometimes hate our fanbase though...several fans were badmouthing the capital one bowl reps on their twitter page. that is unnecessary and might cause them to not pick us...who knows. But I wouldnt mind either as long as we win...plus we havent played Nebraska in a long time. I like playing teams we rarely play.

Yeah i remember that game...held PJ Hill to -3 yards rushing and lost lol. That was a heartbreaking game but given our bowl history it didnt suprise me

Arkansas would be the best matchup of the three SEC schools hands down. They are the worse defensive unit of the three. NU could run on them. As our Hog fan has said that is how Bama and LSU took them to the shed. They give up about 180 a game on the ground I believe and that is close enough to the "magic" 200 number. NU could definitely expose the Hog line.

Yes Wilson is a great QB. But Dennard can take Jarious Wright out of the game as he did with Cunningham and McNutt. Also some people still haven't noticed that Andrew Green is playing excellent ball right now and has been for the last 5 games. Losing Kniles Davis has hurt the Hog ground game. He would be a handful. Is WIngo even playing much or hurt(sorry haven't seen much of late). The biggest matchup problem would be Arky WRs in the slot vs Ciante and Thorell.

This game would be a very good game and is definitely winnable. Yes that is me being a homer but also is backed by facts.

I agree with you. At first, the idea of playing Arkansas kind of scared me, but for some reason I've turned optimistic. Not sure if we will win, but I would think it would be a good game.

Yeah a lot of our fans want our DC fired...our defense was better last year with less experience. Doesnt make sense really. But LSU and Alabama just blew us off the line...their OLs were both very good. We have been a little better against the run since getting our two starting DEs back though

I think the reason they both put a clamp on our offense is having multiple great CBs...LSU had Claibourne, Matheiu, and simon, Alabama had kirkpatrick, menzie, and their two great safties. With teams with one good CB we can usually find ways to get the ball to adams, childs, or hamilton if wright is blanketed

I dont think Knile would have had a better season than last year with our OL this year. Dennis Johnson is our best RB (Ran all over Florida in the swamp a few years ago) but has fumbled in almost every game he's started. Wingo is a good receiver but sucks as a RB to be honest...i think he would be better as a WR. Broderick Green also would be better as a FB but petrino is stubborn in running him sometimes. We have put joe adams at RB some but we dont do it enough IMO

Yeah a lot of our fans want our DC fired...our defense was better last year with less experience. Doesnt make sense really. But LSU and Alabama just blew us off the line...their OLs were both very good. We have been a little better against the run since getting our two starting DEs back though

Good info man.

Here is my best reasoning to why NU would run on Arky. The MIchigan State game. They had an SEC quality DT(Worthy) and End(Gohlston) and the other two guys(Rush and White) weren't slouches. And they had an SEC type run filling safety in Trent Robinson. NU pounded on them the whole game, even witnessing some "questionable" injuries to slow up the offense. MSU's defense was very close to an SEC team in terms of speed and physicality that NU saw this year. And sorry gohogs, I'd take that group of 11 over Arky's. Hell sans a couple of our guys I'd take them.

I agree with what you said about the WR vs DB matchup. I like NU's corners, but am scared shitless when looking at who lines up in the slot. That in my opinion would decide the game. In 30 days who would prep better, Bo shoring up the slot schemes or Petrino coming up with new ways to exploit it.

If it comes down to a kicking and punting contest, I gotta side with my boy Maher.

Again I have slight Homerism as should you so take it for what it's worth.

Good info man.

Here is my best reasoning to why NU would run on Arky. The MIchigan State game. They had an SEC quality DT(Worthy) and End(Gohlston) and the other two guys(Rush and White) weren't slouches. And they had an SEC type run filling safety in Trent Robinson. NU pounded on them the whole game, even witnessing some "questionable" injuries to slow up the offense. MSU's defense was very close to an SEC team in terms of speed and physicality that NU saw this year. And sorry gohogs, I'd take that group of 11 over Arky's. Hell sans a couple of our guys I'd take them.

I agree with what you said about the WR vs DB matchup. I like NU's corners, but am scared shitless when looking at who lines up in the slot. That in my opinion would decide the game. In 30 days who would prep better, Bo shoring up the slot schemes or Petrino coming up with new ways to exploit it.

If it comes down to a kicking and punting contest, I gotta side with my boy Maher.

Again I have slight Homerism as should you so take it for what it's worth.

Yeah i like how we've had success against pelini before, but of course mcfadden/jones/hillis will do that to anyone and this would be a different offense

We have great special teams too...5 TD returns this year and a solid kicker and punter, but as LSU showed if you kick it out of the enzone and have a great punter that can easily be negated. Our punt coverage is pretty bad.

We have some good senior players on defense but they just cant seem to put it together every game