B1G better today after Urban Meyer hire?

I agree with the earlier statement about the SEC limiting the over-signing will help change the playing field a little, now they just need to lay off the Ju-Co practices and perhaps boost the academic's a little and things will level out even more.

Urban going to columbus was a nightmare for us when we were saddled with rich-rod, now its not so scary. Lots of ohio talent will stay home now and there will be a smattering of those with questionable academics and backgrounds that some how become eligible.

Urban Meyer wears me out. Sooner or later....the infatuation will run it's course. He is a good coach, but this love affair with him and how he loves the spotlight. And to sit there and say, "I haven't had any contact" Full of crap. I know he can't say anything. But to flat out lie. I put him in the same category as Saban walking out on Miami, Petrino leaving a note for his players as opposed to facing them as men and now this Urban........I hope we beat the crap out of Arkansas, if we face em and beat the sh*t out of Ohio State next year.

Urban Meyer wears me out. Sooner or later....the infatuation will run it's course. He is a good coach, but this love affair with him and how he loves the spotlight. And to sit there and say, "I haven't had any contact" Full of crap. I know he can't say anything. But to flat out lie. I put him in the same category as Saban walking out on Miami, Petrino leaving a note for his players as opposed to facing them as men and now this Urban........I hope we beat the crap out of Arkansas, if we face em and beat the sh*t out of Ohio State next year.

Sorry buddy.

You get pain in 362 days.

You had your free one this year.

You forgot Pat Fitzgerald.

He is going to be a GREAT(not good) Head Coach.

You've said this quite a bit and haven't gotten much feedback so I thought I'd mention I also share this opinion. Like Ferentz and even more so than Ferentz he's managed to consistently make something out of nothing and get that school to Bowls. Granted they haven't won any but only 6 years in and the guy already has set records at that school for most bowl seasons as a HC. He's a great guy, I'm surprised no one's made a real attempt to swipe him away yet.

On the Urban Meyer note, I hate the idea of him coaching at OSU. It's scary. He's going to put together some really good teams. While I think its good that we have a big name to bring back a powerhouse in our conference I'm fearful that he could dominate and lead to the Big Ten suffering from a "one-team-show" perception that we had going on the last 10 years with OSU. Oh well....we'll see.

Ohio St probably could not have asked for a better coach. I know I would have no problem with Urban as Nebraska's head coach. Obviously he has alot of talent already there, so he should have Ohio St back to form starting next year.

It should be interesting who he hires for his assistant coaches. That is always one of my favorite things to see once a school hires a new head coach.

chalk up another loss every season. With his coaching and recruiting, I see another team stompoing us every time we play them (see texas). We will probably loose the McMullen recruit from Ohio now as well.

Overall, this is horrible for the Huskers.

Best coaches in Big10 this year?

1. Hoke - We lost

2. Fitzgerald - We lost

3. Bielema - We lost

add in Urban, and now we will have 4 loses per year on average. All 4 can out-coach us and out-recruit us, save for Fitz recruiting (for now atleast).

Worst Coaches in the B1G this year?

1. Dantonio-We won

2. Bradley-We won

3. Ferentze-We won

4. Fickell-We won

Yep. Using your logic we should just discontinue our football program as we'll not win a single game next year. :sarcasm

You've said this quite a bit and haven't gotten much feedback so I thought I'd mention I also share this opinion. Like Ferentz and even more so than Ferentz he's managed to consistently make something out of nothing and get that school to Bowls. Granted they haven't won any but only 6 years in and the guy already has set records at that school for most bowl seasons as a HC. He's a great guy, I'm surprised no one's made a real attempt to swipe him away yet.

On the Urban Meyer note, I hate the idea of him coaching at OSU. It's scary. He's going to put together some really good teams. While I think its good that we have a big name to bring back a powerhouse in our conference I'm fearful that he could dominate and lead to the Big Ten suffering from a "one-team-show" perception that we had going on the last 10 years with OSU. Oh well....we'll see.

I hope Pat stays an NU forever. It would hurt our domination of the school but If I was 18 and had any sort of football talent then I'd seriously consider NU as a top-5 option(Of course I would need to make the grades first)

As far as Urban, the hire should push the other schools to be better.

I know the team up north stepped away for three years and trashed everything they once stood for but I think they got the big picture.

Nebraska fans won't let their team and school become complacent. Awesome stuff.

The other 9 schools have to step up as well. Bielema has already made some comments about the Urban hire from what I hear so It sounds like he's ready.

Meyer and Hoke may just take this conference over. This hire definitely makes things tougher for the rest of us. This could also be a big hit to Nebraska's recruiting effort in what was supposed to be one of our strongest states.

Don't get me wrong. I think both men are excellent coaches. They can only make our conference look good. So that's a good thing. But there are always going to be young men who want to play at Nebraska. We haven't burned our bridges with recruiting in Texas, Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Florida, California. The list goes on. Bo and Carl have a lot of contacts that Urban Meyer doesn't have. We'll see. :)

• Fire 1

chalk up another loss every season. With his coaching and recruiting, I see another team stompoing us every time we play them (see texas). We will probably loose the McMullen recruit from Ohio now as well.

1. Hoke - We lost

2. Fitzgerald - We lost

3. Bielema - We lost

4. Dantonio-We won

add in Urban, and now we will have 4 loses per year on average. All 4 can out-coach us and out-recruit us, save for Fitz recruiting (for now atleast).

You forgot one.

I like when people use coaches as a determinant as to if we win or not.

We beat Bob Stoops, so he must not be as good of a coach as Bo Pelini.

I said average losses, not guaranteed. I dont recall every game against stoops, but i am pretty sure Bo only beat him once at home. Overall, i think we can all agree stoops is a better coach right now.

We all know any given saturday, anything can happen. But its hard to win consistantly when you ahve 3-4 programs in the conference that can out-recruit or out-coach us. Thats just life. I like Pelini, i hope he sticks around, but he has a tough road in front of him. Atleast in the Texas 10, we only had to worry about Stoops and Brown.

Sorry buddy.

You get pain in 362 days.

You had your free one this year.

:box

I hope Pat stays an NU forever. It would hurt our domination of the school but If I was 18 and had any sort of football talent then I'd seriously consider NU as a top-5 option(Of course I would need to make the grades first)

As far as Urban, the hire should push the other schools to be better.

I know the team up north stepped away for three years and trashed everything they once stood for but I think they got the big picture.

Nebraska fans won't let their team and school become complacent. Awesome stuff.

The other 9 schools have to step up as well. Bielema has already made some comments about Urban higher from what I hear so It sounds like he's ready.

That's one further amazing thing about Fitzgerald and Northwestern. That school is at damn near Ivy League status and he can put together teams like he has. That's a mark of great coaching.

As a side note, I'm not getting the fear of Hoke. I'm not that impressed with him yet... definitely not scared.

1. Hoke - We lost

2. Fitzgerald - We lost

3. Bielema - We lost

1. Dantonio-We won

2. Bradley-We won

3. Ferentze-We won

4. Fickell-We won

Yep. Using your logic we should just discontinue our football program as we'll not win a single game next year. :sarcasm

Would you stop putting words in peoples mouths. I never said that. I was saying this is going to make it tougher for us. If you fail to see that, than thats your own issue.

/sigh, some people...

Absolutely. The B1G has good coaches, but after Tressel was ousted, the B1G no longer had any proven elite coaches that can take teams to the national championship and win it.

Now the conference adds Urban Meyer, and I have no doubt in my mind, the conference will soon have an elite team winning national championships...

Nebraska. chuckleshuffle

LOVE THIS POST!!! ++1

1. Hoke - We lost

2. Fitzgerald - We lost

3. Bielema - We lost

1. Dantonio-We won

2. Bradley-We won

3. Ferentze-We won

4. Fickell-We won

Would you stop putting words in peoples mouths. I never said that. I was saying this is going to make it tougher for us. If you fail to see that, than thats your own issue that I wont try to change. sigh, some people...

I was just using your reasoning! Good grief! I was going to ask if you were a Husker fan or from Ohio State? Those men ARE good coaches but to say that just because Meyer is now the new coach we'll automatically lose 4 games? Good grief! How can you make such statements???