Will Nebraska have it easy next year?

This team is not at a place where we can sit down and say it is going to be easy any year. The team is spotty and inconsistent, so to answer the OP's question, no, Nebraska will not have an easy year next year.

:yeah

We are a TMart or Rex injury away from a .500 season next year. We have a ton of improvement to make. A very tall order. Several guys are going to need to break out next year to get to 10 wins.

I will not be laying a grand down on the skers winning the big ten title next year as i did this year. man so glad I covered my ass and the grand i laid down with other bets so wife does not know that I sold 30 silver pieces to make the bet at the beggining of the season. My ass is covered.

Definitely a good year brewing. 10 wins at least.

I'm right there with you. Possibly 11. How do you feel about Wiscy next year?

it will be tough again, not much developmental time for our backups, especially at the skill positions.

Basically I see this whole year as a development time.... on defense. Now on offense that's a good point.

Could swear I've had this conversation once already. ;)

Haha, it was too good of a topic to pass on. I like hearing different perspectives.

We are a TMart or Rex injury away from a .500 season next year. We have a ton of improvement to make. A very tall order. Several guys are going to need to break out next year to get to 10 wins.

Oh we have the talent. Just haven't seen it in action yet.

Recruiting scandal?

The Tat-Gate/Tressel Cover Up thingy.

I think it's not just hype as we'll be bringing in some very talented road-graders for play now. Some vicious Dlinemen too.

Yes we will. It will be interesting to see what happens on the D-Line, specifically at the DT position.

@CornfedChris Good post bro. Always appreciate a little effort put into thread starters.

I predict

- Marrow will be the 4th gear in our offense next year, along with T-Magic, SupeRex and BlueFro#80, but he'll fail to pick up a catchy nickname.

- The defense will surprise everyone and be darn good right off the bat with Compton and Stafford commanding the D and getting everyone set.

- Urban Meyer will retire from football before we get to play him at The Shoe? but he'll be back in time to lose to us in the CCG.

Thanks, Had a little bit of time at work for a little Husker research.

Hmmmmm. Marrow. I forgot about him lol.

i think he's talking about the free tat thing

honestly, if we don't figure out a way to get some decent play out of the oline - we're screwed

yoshi and caputo are the only 2 linemen we have worth a furk

defense i don't even want to think about

We are going to miss Caputo's sure handed snaps back to Martinez next year. Hopefully our center next year does well in that aspect but does not get man handled at times as well too. See Michigan.

Our offense should/will be better next year. Our defense wasn't really that good this year, and it's possible it could be worse next year. David and Dennard will be extremely difficult to replace. David is everywhere making plays. Do we even have a LB on the roster even remotely close to as fast as him? We played revolving secondary most of the year. The only cornerstone there was Dennard when he came back from injury. We saw how the young guys back there replaced the guys we lost last year. I'd be willing to bet Green led the nation in allowing his man to score a TD. Next year could be difficult due to the fact that every game might come down to a shootout.

i think he's talking about the free tat thing

honestly, if we don't figure out a way to get some decent play out of the oline - we're screwed

yoshi and caputo are the only 2 linemen we have worth a furk

defense i don't even want to think about

Spencer Long made second team all B1G so you would be wrong there, I would also saw line that paved the way for a top 10 rushing team is not chopped liver. I would also argue that Moore and Choi played well and Moore has a huge ceiling. There are several other young bucks in the wings that look really promising.

You also need to factor in players that decide it is a better time to join the NFL.

Another good point. I don't think any huskers would qualify there. I can definitely see some Penn State and Ohio State players leaving early, maybe Wiscy too.

It will affect Sparty as well I suspect, especially on the Dline.

It depends do we lose to Minnesota next year? or if we have a chance to control our destiny do we lose the very next game? I want a Big 10 title next year, and no more unmotivated showings.

Yes, we are well on our way to forming a tradition of losing to an inferior opponent every year now. The lack of consistency from game to game is especially disturbing. After watching them play this year I feel that anything is possible next year. We could fall as low as a 7 win team or possibly win out and play in the big 10 championship. Not playing reserves more drives me crazy.