Will Nebraska have it easy next year?

I'm worried for Nebraska next season. I'm thinking 4 loses, if not more :(

Looking at our schedule, tOSU is gonna be much better imo, Michigan will be much better, imo. Wiscy will drop a little without RW, but will still be Wiscy and we have quite the gap to close after the 48-17. Southern Miss will be no slouch and just thumped Houston, for whatever that is worth. That leaves NW, MSU, and Iowa all of whom should be solid to tough opponents.

Looking at us, we've lost huge difference makers in Dennard and David, not to mention Crick. And what worries me more is that I've not been overly impressed with what is behind them. Our secondary struggled a lot and while And Green got better, his is still a LONG ways from Dennard and I've not been impressed with what Raymond has shown for player development. At LB, Compton has improved a lot, but will never be near the type of player that David is. And our front 4 has struggled outside of Baker.

Offensively we return a lot of players, but I just don't think we have established a lot offensively. We've established that we'll be "multiple" and will run whacked out plays from game to game, but I don't' think we've really established much to build on long term. Rex will be Rex, TMart will be TMart, and we'll have lot of young players that didn't develop a lot this season, i.e. Turner, Green, Heard, etc.

I really, really, really hope I'm completely off base, but I see a lot of struggles next season.

• Fire 1

I'm worried for Nebraska next season. I'm thinking 4 loses, if not more :(

Looking at our schedule, tOSU is gonna be much better imo, Michigan will be much better, imo. Wiscy will drop a little without RW, but will still be Wiscy and we have quite the gap to close after the 48-17. Southern Miss will be no slouch and just thumped Houston, for whatever that is worth. That leaves NW, MSU, and Iowa all of whom should be solid to tough opponents.

Looking at us, we've lost huge difference makers in Dennard and David, not to mention Crick. And what worries me more is that I've not been overly impressed with what is behind them. Our secondary struggled a lot and while And Green got better, his is still a LONG ways from Dennard and I've not been impressed with what Raymond has shown for player development. At LB, Compton has improved a lot, but will never be near the type of player that David is. And our front 4 has struggled outside of Baker.

Offensively we return a lot of players, but I just don't think we have established a lot offensively. We've established that we'll be "multiple" and will run whacked out plays from game to game, but I don't' think we've really established much to build on long term. Rex will be Rex, TMart will be TMart, and we'll have lot of young players that didn't develop a lot this season, i.e. Turner, Green, Heard, etc.

I really, really, really hope I'm completely off base, but I see a lot of struggles next season.

:worship Couldn't have said it better myself.

My answer to the thread question "Will Nebraska have it easy next year?" Probably not...not until Nebraska stops playing down to lessor opponents levels. I have more faith in them when they play a major contender than I do with playing a team that is supposed to be one we are using as a "tune up" for the conference schedule, or a team that is at the bottom of the conference. They seem to "get up" for the tougher games, and get very sloppy with the games that should be over by half-time.

Over all, Nebraska's rankings nationally or in the B1G this year was not that impressive when you looked at them: 36th (Nat)/7th (B1G) Total Defense, Sacks 93rd/11th, Tackles for Loss 113th/11th, Rushing Defense 66th/8th, Total Offense 59th/4th, Passing efficiency 74th/11th, or Passing Offense 103th/10th. Those are not good numbers, even if we have more people returning than some other teams...we are still using the people that gave us these numbers. Why should we believe that they will get any better when they are ranked in the bottom half of all teams in the NCAA in quite a few of those numbers?

I don't predict an easy season for Nebraska any time soon. I used to think it was just parity catching up to us, but after seeing an o-line that is like a replay of the one the season before for the last few years, with no improvement, and seeing a defense that has not played up to the Blackshirt tradition in many regards, I have come to have low expectations in the world of reality.