Helu starting for the Redskins

I think he still didn't get enough love when he played for Nebraska. No, he wasn't Green or Phillips, but the dude was really good here. He was a little up and down sometimes, but he was really fun for me to watch.

I think Helu's ups and downs had more to do with our inconsistent OL than with Roy. I oft asked people that with as hard and as physical as Roy runs, could you imagine him running behind the '94, '95, or even '97 OL? He'd a rushed for probably 2,500 yards and be considered the best RB we've ever had.

tumblr_lwjf7bJ7Fw1r8cwpko1_250.gif

22414522.jpg

3dRLp.gif

his performance against mizzou was one of the all time great husker rushing performances, and kudos to the line that day too.

Another recent good one was Brandon Jackson

Well it was actually THE greatest Husker rushing performance, but I get the point. And Agree. ;)

I think he still didn't get enough love when he played for Nebraska. No, he wasn't Green or Phillips, but the dude was really good here. He was a little up and down sometimes, but he was really fun for me to watch.

I think Helu's ups and downs had more to do with our inconsistent OL than with Roy. I oft asked people that with as hard and as physical as Roy runs, could you imagine him running behind the '94, '95, or even '97 OL? He'd a rushed for probably 2,500 yards and be considered the best RB we've ever had.

22414522.jpg

3dRLp.gif

tumblr_m76hfpAEpG1rnzbkv.gif

22414522.jpg

3dRLp.gif

tumblr_m76hfpAEpG1rnzbkv.gif

gif-1287783706_348x261.gif

No racism. It's a party!!

Mike-Shanahan.jpg

10:02 AM ET 07.29 | Mike Shanahan insists he isn't bluffing. The Washington Redskins coach maintains he isn't engaging in the usual NFL subterfuge and merely keeping his plans under wraps when it comes to his team's running back situation. He really has no idea, he says, who will be carrying the ball when the regular season arrives in September, whether one of the leading training-camp candidates -- Tim Hightower, Roy Helu or Evan Royster -- will emerge as a centerpiece runner or if coaches will be left to mix and match and patch together a tailback-by-committee arrangement.

LINK

Shanahan says it's a wide open competition. Hard to say who ends on starting. It could easily be Helu.

• 1 year later...

Yep, bringing back a thread from the dead! Lol better to add onto this, than make a new one. Here are some updates through RotoWorld on Helu.

Roy Helu opens Skins camp as No. 2 tailback Jul 26 - 4:02 PM

Roy Helu opened training camp as the Redskins' No. 2 running back, ahead of Evan Royster.

The Redskins want Helu to win the second tailback job and provide versatility as well as big-play speed behind starter Alfred Morris. In order, the rotation has so far looked like this: Morris, Helu, Royster, Keiland Williams, Tristan Davis, Chris Thompson, and Jawan Jamison. Thompson and Jamison are rookies.

Source: Washington Post

Roy Helu showing better speed than Morris Jul 29 - 3:40 PM

The Washington Times notes projected third-down back Roy Helu's "speed and elusiveness on the second level sets him apart" from Alfred Morris.

Helu offers considerably more straight-line speed and arguably just as much or more second-level wiggle than Washington's starter. Helu is vying to be the Skins' third-down back two seasons after racking up 49 receptions and rushing for 100 yards in three straight games late in his rookie year. Helu is the early favorite for Morris "handcuff" duties. He's worth a late-round fantasy pick.

Source: Washington Times

This is great news! Helu has what it takes to take that #1 spot. Whether its now, or towards the end of the season! Its nice to see that he still has that hard work ethic, even after his season ending injury!

• Fire 1

why was helu an afterthought for the skins last year? i saw morris had won the job then didnt even give them a second look the rest of the season. i thought he did a good job his rookie year that he wouldnt just disappear his second year.

Injuries. He was put on injured reserve around week 3, if I remember right.