Is it inevitable that Bo will leave?

thequan

I can only see Bo Pelini leaving Nebraska for two reasons.

1. He is tired of coaching

2. He gets offered a head coaching job in the NFL

How many of ya'll actually think an NFL job offer is something that would make Bo walk away from his HC job here? I don't see it.

I don't see Bo as someone who is looking for a bigger pay check somewhere else. I think Bo knows he can settle down in Nebraska, raise his kids here and get paid for doing what he loves.

I see Bo as someone who thinks of himself as a mentor and teacher first, football coach second and an NFL gig would remove a lot of that from the equation as well as put his family in a more volatile situation.

Just because the NFL offers more $$, another challenge, and MAYBE more prestige... it's not for everyone.

--

Obviously, if the "fans" try to run him outta town, disrupt his personal life, and make his family situation more difficult - he'll consider any job to get away...or maybe he moves back to Ohio and coaches his son's football teams.

Yes, it is inevitable, his human form will eventually shut down and perish.

Not true!

Tom Osborne will never die. My theory, based on current pictures and Badgerfan intel (which is so new even HE is unaware of it) is that TO has simply become Death. Bo could be in the same spot years from now. And if TO is STILL not ready to step down then Bo could cut his teeth as a minion for a few more years. Could be worse. Everyone says how they like seeing Bo in black anyway!

What I've never understood is that everyone is so concerned with Bo leaving. However, Bo is going to move down. Right now he's done decent at Nebraska, but hasn't won anything. So, all of the big name schools like the LSU's etc. most likely won't come beating down our door for him. Why would they want to hire someone who has done decent at a very good program? That's not usually how it works. If a bigger name comes calling it's going to be because he won something here....which in turn would be GREAT for us right? Those schools want someone proven, or a young up and coming guy that has moved up the ranks (see Urban Meyer and his career). Bo's not leaving for a lesser job, and right now the LSU's of the world are calling him. That could all change if he starts winning conference championships and making BCS games....which in that case Husker fans will be totally happy, and maybe he won't leave at all because we are actually producing. Same school of thought, if Nebraska is winning, and he's getting better recruits because of it, why would he want to leave here? Unless for his dream job, which just hired Urban Meyer.

What I've never understood is that everyone is so concerned with Bo leaving. However, Bo is going to move down. Right now he's done decent at Nebraska, but hasn't won anything. So, all of the big name schools like the LSU's etc. most likely won't come beating down our door for him. Why would they want to hire someone who has done decent at a very good program? That's not usually how it works. If a bigger name comes calling it's going to be because he won something here....which in turn would be GREAT for us right? Those schools want someone proven, or a young up and coming guy that has moved up the ranks (see Urban Meyer and his career). Bo's not leaving for a lesser job, and right now the LSU's of the world are calling him. That could all change if he starts winning conference championships and making BCS games....which in that case Husker fans will be totally happy, and maybe he won't leave at all because we are actually producing. Same school of thought, if Nebraska is winning, and he's getting better recruits because of it, why would he want to leave here? Unless for his dream job, which just hired Urban Meyer.

I really hate to bump up this thread :facepalm: but I can't contain myself on a few issues.

IMO you got this backwards. During the time period Bo has been here he has done very good at a decent program. We haven't been a "very good" program since the day Pederson took over and Clownahan showed up.

I think Badgerfan & BigRedPowerWagon have the best intel. Bo goes to the Royals, starts going by "Ho", bats behind Bubba and in front of some guy named Tep. Bubba Ho Tep takes KC to World Series.

How long until the next fire Bo or Bo is leaving thread based on more hypothetical delusions? I'll give it another ten minutes. :snacks:

Wow! I thought I had heard it all on this board. I mean COME ON!!!! You all must be brown eyed folks cause you are truly FULL OF IT!!! Now, I have it on the BEST authority (My neighbor who knows the guy who knows the daughter of the best friend of the aquarium guy!) and he said that Bo is going to play for the St. Louis Cardinals because he did NOT want any competition from Rex or Bubba! On his off season, it is true that he will coach Suh on anger management but not until he finishes his own anger management program. He's getting better and is almost finished! (Badgerfan you TOTALLY crack me up!!!)

I promise this is my last report on Bo but its totally true this time. Word is he wants to honor his late father's dream and start playing Baseball. After this season he will join the Cleveland Indians in Goodyear Arizona for spring training. That's why Carl was in the area earlier this week. No news yet on what position Bo will try out for but rumor has it Rex Burkhead will forgo his senior year in Lincoln to join Bo with the Indians and is expected to play any and all of whichever 8 positions Bo does not choose.

Remember, you heard it here first so don't bother googiling. Its so exclusive that it won't show up....

This is absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe you would post such garbage... Because I have it on VERY good authority he plans to join the Seattle Mariners.

I cant believe either of you, this is the stupidest sh#t i have ever seen. Is there one ounce of pride in either of you guys. Bo to play baseball for the Mariners or the Indians, how stupid is that. He is going to the Royals to play with Bubba Starling, i hear he put in a good word for Bo.

You guys are all wrong Bo is from Ohio. I don't think they even have baseball there just ask the Indians. Bo is going to move to Detriot to be Suh's Behavioral Therapist.

:rollin