I want Bo here as our head coach.

Vince R.

Because he has some pretty decent flaws and a whole lot to learn and yet he still manages to crank out 9-10 wins. I'll use some of his own words. "Bo does some good things and some not so good things but you can see how good of a football coach he can be when he executes". I'm looking at him as a raw/talented coach right now. The man has all the tools necessary to succeed. Its going to be about learning for him. His recruiting has gone up each year and all he is missing is the "Big game" and one minor slip up. Give him time and to develop his depth. Recruiting is the key here. Our class is small but I love who he is bringing in and quite frankly I don't see a player on that list (as of now)who won't play.

100% fully agree.

Great, great point.....all his bad points that are hounded on by the whiners endlessly and he still wins nine or ten games a year. It's no great stretch to imagine him progressing. The recruiting has improved every single year since his arrival which is another good thing going forward.

He very well could right the blackshirt ship and with the offense coming on strong look out. Especially with the stud linemen coming on board.....well, it could easily get to the "big fun" level.

Damn glad we have him!

GBR!!

completely agree! If you think back to 4 yrs ago when he arrive, he has grown quite a bit as a head coach. Rants on the sideline are far fewer. Handling the press much better. No major scandals. Very few defections from players. replaced some of the poor coaching hires (still have Cotton to go).

That said he still has a ways to go. His teams need to be more consistent. We still have not figured out how to fully involve a d-end in the pass rush effectively. Still working on an offensive identity, although we came a long way this year.

sometimes good things are worth waiting for.....keep Bo here

Couldn't be more proud of our coach. The thing I like about Bo is he is never satisfied. He WANTS to get better as a coach and I'm sure that he works as hard that as he does getting his team to play better. We do have some things to work on but we can't work on everything at once. Given time I think we're going to see the same kind of teams we had back in the day. People keep saying that will never happen again. I disagree. If it happened them it can happen now. Tom O took kids who wanted to play, who wanted to win, who loved the game and coached them up! Bo can and will do the same thing! GO BIG RED!

Not sure if it's been mentioned here or not but this is something to be mindful of:

Luncheon emcee Greg Sharpe Thursday called Bo Pelini’s first four seasons consistent, pointing out the Huskers are one of just six BCS teams that have won at least nine games over the past four seasons. “It’s an elite list and does not include Ohio State, Michigan, Texas or Oklahoma,” Sharpe said.

LINK

Not sure if it's been mentioned here or not but this is something to be mindful of:

Luncheon emcee Greg Sharpe Thursday called Bo Pelini’s first four seasons consistent, pointing out the Huskers are one of just six BCS teams that have won at least nine games over the past four seasons. “It’s an elite list and does not include Ohio State, Michigan, Texas or Oklahoma,” Sharpe said.

LINK

Very very interesting stat. Makes me appreciate Bo all the more.

A thing to think about is with losing Carl, Bo might take over some more of the defensive coaching/calling again.

Which concerns me because it turns his attention away from a fairly young offense.

Our defense is fairly young, too. We have a world class defensive mind as our HC, and it doesn't seem wise to be focusing that on the offense, instead.