WE WANT STOOPS!!!

Has anyone talked about going after Fickell?

Fickell is staying at tOSU as defensive coordinator. Stoops has interviewed for a job with Meyer, but doesnt say what position.

I don't know if Stoops would want any other position than d coordinator....eh...we'll see

Thats my feeling too. D-Coordinator or bust.

I wouldnt think Meyer would want to have Co-DCs. Plus, Stoops ego wont let him Co-anything. I guess time will tell.

Why is everyone so stoked on Stoops?

His defenses have never seemed that great... Arizona got run over this year, and they haven't had a particularly good defensive year in a while.

Total Defense

2011 111th fired mid season

2010 33rd

2009 25th

2008 24th

2007 53rd

2006 49th

2005 83rd

2004 61st First season.

2003 109th

He made strides in that defense, very similar to what Bo did his first year at Nebraska. They also didnt have a winning season until 2008. This year its just imploded on him.

Here are the top D-coordinators according to Rivals:

1. John Chavis LSU

2. Kirby Smart Bama

3. Bud Foster VaTech

4. Ellis Johnson South Carolina

5. Pat Narduzzi Mich St

6. Greg Mattison Michigan

7. Todd Grantham Georgia

8. Manny Diaz Texas

9. Chris Ash Wisconsin

10. Mark Stoops Florida State

11. Jim Heacock Ohio State

12. Carl Pelini Nebraska

13. Brent Venables Oklahoma

14. Derek Mason Stanford

15. Monte Kiffin USC

16. Vic Koenning Illinois

17. Bob Shoop Vandy

18. Kalani Sitake Utah

19. Norm Parker Iowa

20. Nick Aliotti Oregon

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/viewCFSE.asp

I don't really want a DC that has one foot out the door for a HC position.

If we can swing it, I'd like to get someone who wouldn't dare leave NU or Bo for a HC position.

Need to find someone who can hold a fictitious title and wave their hands around on the sideline, draw a good salary, not get in Bo's way, and never want things to change.

Hey, I'll be our DC!

If we can swing it, I'd like to get someone who wouldn't dare leave NU or Bo for a HC position.

Need to find someone who can hold a fictitious title and wave their hands around on the sideline, draw a good salary, not get in Bo's way, and never want things to change.

Hey, I'll be our DC!

We tried that with Carl. Im sorry I dont want someone to come here just to bow down to Bo, not speak up, or have any say in the gameplan and worst of all getting paid more than the other assistant coaches.

If this program wants to take the next step, it needs to go after a big fish and if that guys leaves withing 5 years, so be it.

That rules out every single coach out there. They all have aspirations of being a head coach somewhere.

That rules out every single coach out there. They all have aspirations of being a head coach somewhere.

Yep. If they don't want to move up to a HC or aren't good enough to be considered for HC positions, that would mean they're doing a p!ss poor job of being our DC.

The days of really good long term coordinators are a thing of the past.