WE WANT STOOPS!!!

Stoops obviously knows his stuff, but he won't be a DC for long. He'll get another HC job and then leave. Do we really want to bring him in for what could be just a year or maybe two?

I say yes. Martinez is our starter the next two seasons. He has drastically improved. If we're to have any chance at greatness, it appears that it should happen in the next two years. Plus, we're more than likely grooming an eventual replacement anyway. What could it hurt to have another defensive guy in here showing him the ropes?

Stoops obviously knows his stuff, but he won't be a DC for long. He'll get another HC job and then leave. Do we really want to bring him in for what could be just a year or maybe two?

Won't that happen with any candidate we bring in who's any good? If they suck they'll stick around for a long time, but if they're good they will be moving on and moving up. The years of all the assistancts staying on like we had under Osborne are gone. Nobody is going to stay an assistant on a staff for 20 years anymore.

Ron Brown seems to be the exception. He's going nowhere.

Won't that happen with any candidate we bring in who's any good? If they suck they'll stick around for a long time, but if they're good they will be moving on and moving up. The years of all the assistancts staying on like we had under Osborne are gone. Nobody is going to stay an assistant on a staff for 20 years anymore.

Heaven

• Fire 1

Heaven

Iowa? Wait, he's not a baseball player....

Hellz yeah. Get him on for the bowl game so he can start getting to know the players and the system. I think it would help transition to next year.

I don't think they could offer him fast enough to get him on for the Bowl game. NU has to post the job (I think for 15 days) & interview a couple of canadites even if they know who they are going to hire.

Whatever happens it would be nice to know sooner rather than later in my opinion (not that it means anything). I would think what ever move they make whether it be hire from within or an outside hire it would benefit all involved to have it be soon. Recruiting and acclimation to the defensive system could really be taking place over the next month of practices getting ready for the bowl game.

A sports announcer that used to be the QB at OU. I'm sure he has inside info. that he can't release.

Inside info he can't release yet he is releasing? I never really thought Stoops was coming here, but I don't see how this means he isn't... Remember, Texas is going to the Pac 12? Or further back, Childress is going to be announced our Head Baseball coach? Lots of "stories" break, but aren't true...

I currently live in Oklahoma and unfortunately have lived here the last 15 years of my life. I would say that Dean Blevins, IMO, is very creditable and typically does not go out on a limb in his reports. I would think he is hearing things that sound very positive but even he says its not a done deal. I hope things change but I would believe him in this instance that Mike is likely to be going to OU.

Could any of you knowledgeable fellow Husker fans out there tell me why the hell we would want this guy so badly. I've read on LJS and OWH how Stoops would be such a "splash" hire? Why? He got fired from Arizona for a reason. If I remember right, we kicked the sh#t out of his team in a bowl game a few years ago. Yes, he was the head coach, not the DC of Arizona, but still, that's like saying Bo Pelini has no influence on our defense. It just isn't true. I just haven't seen some stone cold facts to back this guy up? I'm not buying into the hype. He could prove me wrong if he gets the job, but I just don't see why people are making such a big deal about the guy. What the hell has he done that's so spectacular?