13 injured rushing the field in Stillwater

Excel

Couple Things......

When will people learn? This happens all the time. The SEC has the right idea, fine people/schools who do this. The main issue is safety. In Stillwater, the field is about a 6 foot drop from the stands.....no wonder people got hurt. If you fall....you are a deadman. Other big issue is res, coaches and players, espeically from the visiting team.

I have "rushed" the field/court before. The last time I remember was about 2008 when NU beat a ranked K-State team after Beasley said he was gonna hang 50 on the Huskers in the warm-ups. The thing was, that when you get to the middle, you jump around for a minute or two and than its like "ok I'm done". There really isn't anything all that exciting about rushing the field, except the act itself and the anticipation.

These types of things need to end.

I learned the hard way, after the 82 OU game. I thought I was far enough away from the mayhem around a goal post, but got swept up in a crowd surge and knocked down just as the goalposts were coming down, and one of the uprights came down across my hips. I thought I was a goner as it seemed like people were jumping on them. A few people saw what was going on and managed to lift a section and someone grabbed me under my arms and slid me out. I just had a bruise on my hip, and was lucky the bone caught the bar and not an organ.

Yes, rushing the field can be lethal if you don't keep up with everybody else in the crowd and you get knocked down and trampled on or in this case standing by the goal post and get knock down and almost get crushed by the goal post.

I recalled decades ago when a massive crowd of people rushed to get tickets for a rock concert in Cincinnati ... it was a stampede, and a number of people got trampled on and several died. When it comes to crowd control, this is a big concern.