Your opponents...the South Carolina Gamecocks

Greetings, Huskers.

As a NST (Nebraska as second team) fan, I figured that I'd give you guys a bit of an insight into your opponent for the bowl game. A enemy of your enemy is your friend...right?

The Gamecocks are located in the hottest place on earth, Columbia, SC (I don't live far from Cola, so believe me I know). I've been told this is because it's trapped in a valley between the beaches and mountains of SC, and doesn't get any breeze, not terribly sure if this is correct, so don't quote me on it.

They have 1 conference championship, an ACC Championship in 1969. Now that we've covered ALL football championship information, let's move on.

The Gamecocks have had recent success in bowl games, 4 bowl wins since 1995. Prior to that, they had 0.

The Gamecocks are named after a breed of illegal fighting chickens. Word is the Vick University Fighting Pit Bulls are the only mascot more inhumane. In all actuality, it's named after Thomas Sumter.

This year's team is hot/cold on offense, and very good defensively. The front 4 are great, contrary to what a made-up tweet by Clemson's Tajh Boyd may have said about them (it's amazing what coaches can come up with to motivate your players). You must NOT turn the ball over, but expect to have a low scoring game. Defensively, the Huskers should look to keep Shaw in the pocket and blanket Alshon Jeffery (easier said than done). The other receivers aren't bad, but they won't wow you either.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be the one in SC rocking red on Jan 2.

-kc

• Fire 3

...and as the fourth best team in the SEC they just beat the ACC Champions by three touchdowns.

:facepalm: ...taters...

Wow, gotta bring Clemson into this?

Don't be mad cause Dabo now has as many conference championships as your entire football program.

Show me where I mentioned Clemson...I never once uttered that foul name.

...and as the fourth best team in the SEC they just beat the ACC Champions by three touchdowns.

:facepalm: ...taters...

Wow, gotta bring Clemson into this?

Don't be mad cause Dabo now has as many conference championships as your entire football program.

Show me where I mentioned Clemson...I never once uttered that foul name.

You knew what you were doing.

For a pre-game synopsis that post was pretty weak Cacti. No breakdowns of stats, schemes or schedule, just a half paragraph bit of lip service.

I'll take this as it is, a thinly veiled shot at USC for its history. Too bad the only history that matters is this season...34-13.

Taters gonna hate :facepalm:

he's talking about South Carolina....not Clemson1 or starting a squabble2. PLease feel free to take it to the 'shed3 and slap each other around in there. Please stay on topic.

1. My post is clearly referring to South Carolina. I never mentioned Clemson. Complete the beginning of my post with the logical antecedent, you get, "South Carolina, the fourth best team in the SEC, just beat the ACC Champions by three touchdowns."

2. If you were familiar with the rivalry you would very easily see that most of the OP is a shot at USC. He clearly intended on starting a squabble or being funny. Maybe a little of both. At any rate don't blame me for giving him what he wanted.

3. The Gamecocks have done that twice in the past 10 days.

For a pre-game synopsis that post was pretty weak Cacti. No breakdowns of stats, schemes or schedule, just a half paragraph bit of lip service.

I'll take this as it is, a thinly veiled shot at USC for its history. Too bad the only history that matters is this season...34-13.

No worries, I'll get into more details later - including the loss of Garcia & Lattimore...

Let's just go ahead and get this over with: You guys whipped us the past 3 years. I admit it. Let's move ahead to the Nebraska game.