Your opponents...the South Carolina Gamecocks

Wow. Lot of range on this board. We've got a Clemson fan (husker fan as well?), a bunch of Gamecocks talking civil, and the only Gamecock fan truly ruffling feathers is a Wisconsin fan.

As far as the matchup with AJ, can't wait and see it. Neither fanbase is going to back down. AJ is an absolute freak of talent, and hopefully we will actually be able to utilize him this game. Haven't watched much of Dennard, if any. But the way Nebraska guys are behind him, I won't take him lightly. And neither will Alshon I'm sure.

Just hope he goes out with a bang. Since he's destined to be "pumping gas" according to football guru and mastermind Lane Kiffin.

Wow. Lot of range on this board. We've got a Clemson fan (husker fan as well?), a bunch of Gamecocks talking civil, and the only Gamecock fan truly ruffling feathers is a Wisconsin fan.

The only thing that's missing is some mentally deficient Washington fan babbling about god knows what.

Psssscht I'd probably ruffle feathers no matter who the Huskers were playing, don't read too much in to that one...and I'm somehow less of a Gamecock because I also like the Badgers? Interesting...maybe you can tell the Gamecock club that so I don't have to pay as much or call up Pastides and tell him they need to come by and pick up my degree...get out of here with that...

Regarding the Dennard vs. AJ discussion. I would like nothing more than to see SC target Alshon Jeffrey 15 times this game. Dennard would win a number of those battles straight up.

Alshon Jeffery doesn't have blazing speed but what he does best is using his big body to box out the defender and he catches just about everything that he can get his hands on. The other thing AJ does is take away the best defender on the field and the Saftey always keeps one eye on him at all times, this opens up the passing game for the rest of the receivers and RB's. The best way to shut down AJ is with a good pass rush, our pass protection has been our biggest weakness.

The best way to shut down AJ is with a good pass rush, our pass protection has been our biggest weakness.

You might want to familiarize yourself with DE Eric Martin. He's a freak and just hurts whoever he touches. You might be OK letting him hit your QB once....but not more than that. He won't want to play anymore.

The only thing that's missing is some mentally deficient Washington fan babbling about god knows what.

Psssscht I'd probably ruffle feathers no matter who the Huskers were playing, don't read too much in to that one...and I'm somehow less of a Gamecock because I also like the Badgers? Interesting...maybe you can tell the Gamecock club that so I don't have to pay as much or call up Pastides and tell him they need to come by and pick up my degree...get out of here with that...

Ok.

Hey man I wasn't insulting you. Fight the good fight! I consider you as much of a Gamecock fan as me, just thought it was funny.

I'm impressed that Jeffrey is just under 200 yards from the SEC record. That's surprising, considering the fact that he's been far more quiet this year than he was last year.

I also find it funny that we're talking about two sides of the same thing, each counting it as a win: SC fans are saying AJ is going to take away our best corner, NU fans are saying Dennard is going to take away your best WR. We're both seeing that as a win. :D

Alshon is 199 yards away from the all time SEC receiving record, in 2 1/2 years(didnt play the first half of his freshman year). Would be awesome if he got it on this Dennard dude haha.

No way in hell. Maybe we should have a friendly competition on the yardage. I'm gonna go with 35 yards. I'm far more scared of the QB running than your receiver catching it.

Alshon is 199 yards away from the all time SEC receiving record, in 2 1/2 years(didnt play the first half of his freshman year). Would be awesome if he got it on this Dennard dude haha.

No way in hell. Maybe we should have a friendly competition on the yardage. I'm gonna go with 35 yards. I'm far more scared of the QB running than your receiver catching it.

I'd be willing to make a bet that Alshon gets 100 yards. But I don't post here enough for a bet to be effective. Guess just bragging rights? Lol

If Dennard is covering AJ the whole game, I'd be surprised if he got 100 yards. Not a slam on AJ, but if Dennard covered Justin Blackmon the whole game, I'd be surprised if Blackmon got 100 yards.

If SC was smart, they'd just come out in a 5 WR set with AJ in the slot or something to try and get him matched up against Thorell. Game, set, match.

The best way to shut down AJ is with a good pass rush, our pass protection has been our biggest weakness.

You might want to familiarize yourself with DE Eric Martin. He's a freak and just hurts whoever he touches. You might be OK letting him hit your QB once....but not more than that. He won't want to play anymore.

I'm not sure if you're serious. If you are, I think you need to watch our defensive ends between the years 1993 and 2000 so you can see what good defensive ends look like. I specifically watch Martin play on a lot of downs just to see if he's made progress on his technique and most plays he looks like he's going half speed. He's a good special teams player but pretty average as a DE.