Your opponents...the South Carolina Gamecocks

Some one on cockytalk mentioned game officials and style of play. I did some research - it appears that two conferences rotate the Cap One Bowl - the Pac 14 and the Big 12. The most recent crew from the Big 12 was headed by Greg Burks. For those with short term memory loss he did last year's screw jobs, er, "games" with Iowa St, and most infamously Texas A&M.

Fortunately, its the PAC 14's turn if the pattern holds true.

This is Alshon's highlight film from the 2010 Alabama game. This is arguably the best secondary Alshon has ever faced. At the 1:48 mark is one of the more spectacular catches Alshon has made as a Gamecock which he made over Kirkpatrick (a projected top 10 pick in this years draft). You'll notice how Alshon uses his hands and body extremely well to get open and he's a load to bring down. He's not a burner, so most of his catches are made in tight coverage against some of the best DBs in the country.

Forth rate trash talking, please leave it to professionals. Like us Philly fans. :B)

Please, don't vomit on anyone to make a point.

Question to the c$%ks - why are all the highlights for AJ from 2010?

Dunno if you noticed but we had a few QB problems this year....it was kind of a thing.... eyeswear2allthatsholy

Teams double him. Garcia came out horrid this year and wasted the first 4 games with some of the worst QB play I've ever seen. Shaw isn't the passer that Garcia was and a lot of times he just doesn't even look at Alshon knowing he'll have two defenders all over him. When he does, he sometimes over throws him. You can count on at least 2 balls per game to Alshon that sail completely out of bounds.

I watched some film on you guys this week. Your D line doesn't look bad at all. Not a lot of pressure but they clog the middle plenty it seems.

Some one on cockytalk mentioned game officials and style of play. I did some research - it appears that two conferences rotate the Cap One Bowl - the Pac 14 and the Big 12. The most recent crew from the Big 12 was headed by Greg Burks. For those with short term memory loss he did last year's screw jobs, er, "games" with Iowa St, and most infamously Texas A&M.

If it is Burks crew, the c$%ks just got spotted a 14 pt lead. That would suck!

We dont get help from any officials. I dont think they have called holding against the other team since the UGA game. But I have seen blatant holds

We dont get help from any officials. I dont think they have called holding against the other team since the UGA game. But I have seen blatant holds

Wait - I thought that only happens with Nebraska

My guess is that when USC comes out in pro sets with 2 or 3 WRs, you'll see them bracket Jeffrey. When they come out in 5 wide, you'll probably see Denard 1 on 1 with AJ.

Like most every game, though, the game will be decided in the trenches. The team that has more success running the ball will likely be the winner.

+1.

Typically when doing 5 wide teams run draw or throw short routes, so I agree with you. I think we will play it pretty straight up and just try and match up to their personnel packages with our packages. Play a lot of zone. No blitzing to speak of. Play assignment football. Controlled pass rush to collapse pocket evenly and guard against run lanes, which we have been lousy at this year. get their hands up to tip balls. Not much twisting. Maybe slant the line sometimes.

I think Nebraska needs to run right between the tackles or right at the RE's with their toss sweeps to negate their speed. Don't bounce outside. I don't think the speed option is a good play for this game. I don't want to see Taylor rolling the pocket or scrambling outside the pocket. I want to see him step up in the pocket or rush vertically. Too many times he has scrambled to the outside when the pocket was good. And these RE's will chase him down. I want to see some screens this game!!! Trap those hard rushers. Shuttle pass might be a good play. Would like to see the old wingback reverse. Use one of those freshmen for that. Fullback trap would be unique to them I think. Run inside zone plays.

cws-finals-baseball_hasc_s640x389.jpg?197615ea724603f5781552ecfeef2fb08dd05b01

Saw it in person...

Who cares about baseball. This is about football.

If Nebraska had just won back to back national championships you would care about baseball.

Highly doubt it with some of the people on this board. Many of the posters here hate any sport other than football, especially baseball and they make it well known by going to baseball threads just to post that baseball sucks.