Your opponents...the South Carolina Gamecocks

Why would disagreement bar me from participating in discussion?

That doesn't make much sense.

If you think we're irrational in our support of good players1, then why do you come here?

This is a Nebraska board. We're going to speak highly of our players. We may even - gasp! - be biased.

I suppose Wisconsin boards are full of talk about how Iowa or Minnesota or Michigan State is going to kick your ass? I suppose whatever board you frequent was in the dumps last week prior to the championship game, absolutely sure that you would get owned, correct? I mean, for Wisconsin fans on a Wisconsin board to speak in support of their players... that would just be preposterous, wouldn't it?

Ah Knappy Knapp...this again?

1. I'm pretty sure I never said that.

2. Not getting why you quoted post 194 as it doesn't correspond with your argument.

3. The rest of it...whaaaat?

Anyhow, I took a swing at a claim. I missed. So be it.

I just don't really buy the "Our players will own yours" talk that goes on around here. But hey its your board and you're certainly entitled to it...

Exhibit A to the "irrational" line. If you want to get into a semantic argument that you didn't specifically say the word "irrational" then you win. I'm not going to argue the choice of words I used to describe your meaning.

The gist of what you're saying is that we're supporting our player(s) to too great a degree. My response was, paraphrasing, you should have checked the sign on the door more closely when you cam in.

Don't throw up your hands and cry innocence. Your fans boast just like ours.

Let the record show than Alfonzo Dennard shut down Justin Blackmon.

Can you break down Dennard's records against WR's this year with references? That'd be interesting.

He kept Marvin McNutt out of the equation against Iowa, and he helped hold BJ Cunningham without a catch for the first time since BJ's freshman year. I thought he struggled against Wisconsin, but Dennard didn't reach full health until the Minnesota game, and you didn't really notice that he had is ups back until the MSU game.

I don't know what you mean be Dennard's "records," in 2011... but if you want to call all of our fans biased for touting Dennard's skill, you might also want to shoot off an email to Big Ten coaches/media who named him the Big Ten DB of the year.

I just don't really buy the "Our players will own yours" talk that goes on around here. But hey its your board and you're certainly entitled to it...

Exhibit A to the "irrational" line. If you want to get into a semantic argument that you didn't specifically say the word "irrational" then you win. I'm not going to argue the choice of words I used to describe your meaning. 1

The gist of what you're saying is that we're supporting our player(s) to too great a degree. My response was, paraphrasing, you should have checked the sign on the door more closely when you cam in.

Don't throw up your hands and cry innocence.2 Your fans boast just like ours.3

1. I'm not some forum-nazi picking at tiny details but I do happen to think that if you're going to question my posts you could at least quote them properly.

2. Didn't claim innocence. I owned my error.

3. I have fans?

No, but really every team does it. It's a given. Among fellow fans of my own teams I try to keep such expectations and appraisals in check... I do that here as well. Is that a problem? Do you want HB to be sunshine pumper central?

Blackmon put those numbers up on Prince Amukamara. Dennard shut him down in the second half.

Oh yes that makes it better....on Prince the other great corner to come out of Nebraska....can't forget about him...

I think most of us considered Dennard might be better than Amukamara last year, and he kind of showed that in the OSU game.

Hey badgerfan . . . where do you live? How does one become a Wisconsin/South Carolina fan? Strange.

I'm in the Military, don't even try to keep track of where I've lived and universities I've taken classes at...currently I'm in Manhattan.

Since you asked though I was born in Madison and raised about an hour and a half east of the Twin Cities to a family of Wisconsin grads so I grew up pulling for the Badgers...more recently my cousin was a walk on WR and is currently a GA. Being a fan of the Badgers is in my blood. I can't really help that.

That said I earned my undergrad from USC. It's my Alma Mater and I love the Gamecocks.

For the purposes of this board I choose to be badgerfan since this is a Big Ten board and it wouldn't make much sense to name myself "Gamecock who also really likes the Badgers".

Where did you live? I lived in Eau Claire and Menomonie during my Wisconsin stint. Now I'm in MN. I liked Wisconsin much more.

Eau Claire...wow small world...I'm from Rice Lake

I live in Eau Claire (sort of), but it's a neighborhood in Columbia. :)

We really don't need to load the box, because (I can't believe I'm saying this) I think if your backs get past the line, they won't make it past David, Compton, and company. And claiming your ran for over 200 yards on Tennesee? I'm not so sure if I'd be too proud of that, and considering all florida could do was run, you may want to rethink your previous statement.

If SoCar scores more than 10, I'd be surprised. AJ will get 4 or 5 catches for 60 yds, you'll run for about 100 yds, and end up with 225 yrds total offense and lose by almost two scores.

Where you'll get burned with this line of thinking is when SC puts 5 WR on the line and you have to drop your LB's into coverage to help the safety's. Then you'll see a 5 yard dump pass to a TE on a crossing pattern turn into a 15+ yard gain or a Shaw run on a delayed QB draw go for the same amount due to the backers being pulled off the line. So yeah, you need to load the box.

We need to load the box because of your potent air attack? Not sure your reasoning on that.

Yeah but aside from AJ, who are your other 4 recievers? Moe, Larry, Curly & Shep? Your recieving corp takes a bit of a header after AJ.

Our problems in the passing game are mostly because of poor pass blocking. We have Ace Sanders, Nick Jones, Justice Cunningham and RB's capable of catching the ball. If you don't get pressure on our QB then we have a potent passing attack. the problem is that most people have gotten pressure on our quarterback.