Your opponents...the South Carolina Gamecocks

cws-finals-baseball_hasc_s640x389.jpg?197615ea724603f5781552ecfeef2fb08dd05b01

Saw it in person...

Who cares about baseball. This is about football.

If Nebraska had just won back to back national championships you would care about baseball.

Highly doubt it with some of the people on this board. Many of the posters here hate any sport other than football, especially baseball and they make it well known by going to baseball threads just to post that baseball sucks.

Why, with the CWS in your own back yard, you all wouldn't have favorable opinions of Baseball is beyond me...

Saw it in person...

If Nebraska had just won back to back national championships you would care about baseball.

Highly doubt it with some of the people on this board. Many of the posters here hate any sport other than football, especially baseball and they make it well known by going to baseball threads just to post that baseball sucks.

Why, with the CWS in your own back yard, you wouldn't have a favorable opinion of Baseball is beyond me...

People think it is boring and insufferable to watch. As for me, Im a baseball coach, so Im obligated to like the sport :)

This is something I've never understood. So... you don't like (insert sport name here). Why waste your time going to a website, a forum, a thread, about that sport, and say you hate it?

Question to the c$%ks - why are all the highlights for AJ from 2010?

Last year, teams also put a lot of emphasis on stopping Lattimore and that found AJ open, or in 1 on 1 coverage. This year, LOT's of teams doubled AJ leaving other receivers open or in 1 on 1 coverage. As a matter of percentage, we just went with those guys more often. I also think that for a few games after Connor Shaw took over, the coaching staff played it a little more conservatively and we were run heavy.

So in short, I think it was a combination of things...

Do the circumstances that made AJ less of a factor in 2011 still exist for the bowl game? And if so, why is there so much talk about him rather than your QB or running game? He just doesn't appear to have been a major component of the offense this year.

Is it just because we started talking about him, so he's by default become the focus of these threads? Circumstantial more than anything else?

Do the circumstances that made AJ less of a factor in 2011 still exist for the bowl game? And if so, why is there so much talk about him rather than your QB or running game? He just doesn't appear to have been a major component of the offense this year.

Is it just because we started talking about him, so he's by default become the focus of these threads? Circumstantial more than anything else?

I think AJ gets talked about because at this point he's our #1 NFL prospect on offense (with big Melvin #1 on defense). As for the bowl game, I don't know, it depends on how the Huskers defend him. Our offense has evolved over the course of the season. The old ball coach is a great offensive mind, so I think he takes advantage of what he sees on the field. Personally at this point I think Shaw is a bigger overall weapon that AJ (he's been used alot as a "decoy" this year). So the options are load up the front to stop the run and the QB draw and leave 1 on 1 coverage in the secondary, or double AJ and leave yourself open to the run. How you guys decide to defend will dictate what happens. I'll predict that we start conservative with the ground game to see if we can open up some over the top routes to our deep guys.

We'll see on the 2nd.

Saw it in person...

They are still Nebraska fans though. You dont think everybody would be trying to get CWS tickets if Nebraska went? The people who dont go you dont think they will watch it on TV? And then watching your team win 2 straight national championships is just awesome to say the least. Yall did it in football I could only imagine what would happen in Columbia if that happened.

Just finished reading all the threads and wanted to add my two cents...

The majority of the board, outside of a Clemson grad trying to rile up a fan base that just laughs at Clemson and the ACC altogether, has been revolving around the matchup between AJ and Dennard. While I haven't seen Dennard play, AJ contributes to the team in two ways. 1) He usually gets double teamed, which takes one more of your defenders away from the other play-makers. 2) As soon as you commit too much to our scrambling QB, Shaw tosses a jump ball to AJ who usually has his hands over the defenders hands, regardless of who it is. In all the years I've watched AJ make plays, I've only seen once where AJ dropped a catch he should have made. I've seen about 8-10 catches that he shouldn't have made but did--a catch that the announcers would go nuts over and tv crew would replay more than twice. He's just an insanely good hands WR, and even with his lower numbers this year, he'll easily go 1st round in the draft. Some project him to be top 10. That's a result of two outstanding seasons in his first two years.

Some have said what is the best way to beat South Carolina. Well the DT answer was a good one, but another is call Stephen Garcia and tell him that there's a bring-your-own-keg party the night before the game at the team's hotel. Garcia was a major reason we stunk it up in every bowl game the last few years. Garcia came out cold, flat, missing open WR's, scrambling in small circles, and throwing desperation throws when he didn't need to that resulted in picks. It sounds a lot like the first few games. To his credit, though, he bailed us out of the ECU game. And he went toe-to-toe with Georgia when the defense was still trying to figure out how to gel. But after Georgia, he lost it.

This will be a great game, I'm sure. You guys keep talking about the WR/DB match-up between AJ and Dennard, but the biggest factor of this game: your QB vs. our D-line. If your QB can avoid pressure and successfully throw under pressure when it comes, you'll do fine. If not, he may look more like Clemson's all-star perennial QB against us. Considering I believe Martinez to be far better than Boyd, you'll put up a better fight.

And not to forget your RB threats. In the past, SC has not done so well against high-caliber RB's. AT the same time, they've held others in check. It's a toss-up to see how that'll turn out.

But for those who think South Carolina doesn't score more than 10 points? Again, call Stephen Garcia and you might have a shot at being right.

Either way, it looks to be a great match-up between two talented teams.