Your opponents...the South Carolina Gamecocks

If you guys had Lattimore, I'd be much more worried about this game. Without him, it makes you guys a bit one dimensional even though the RB fill ins have done ok, it's just not the same as having that kind of threat at the RB position.

Yep, even when he comes back next year he'll never be the same...so much of his agility will be gone...

Do the circumstances that made AJ less of a factor in 2011 still exist for the bowl game? And if so, why is there so much talk about him rather than your QB or running game? He just doesn't appear to have been a major component of the offense this year.

Is it just because we started talking about him, so he's by default become the focus of these threads? Circumstantial more than anything else?

The factors have lessened - we lost our top OL early in the season so there was a period of adjustment, but the O line has improved late in the season so Connor Shaw has had more time in the pocket. He has also improved as a quarterback. Alshon Jeffery is capable of having a big game if Shaw has time to let the route develop. If this happens then we will move the ball at will.

it's just not the same as having that kind of threat at the RB position.

No doubt. When we had Latt defenses had to pick their poison, either stack the box to stop Latt, or double Alshon.

Should we be concerned about any other of your WRs?

As far as them making Alshon type plays? No. But they are capable of making a few plays here and there. It wouldnt surprise me to see Bruce Ellington or Ace Sanders have a big game but I also wouldnt be surprised if they didnt do a thing, so we'll see.

No doubt. When we had Latt defenses had to pick their poison, either stack the box to stop Latt, or double Alshon.

Who ever Thorrell is guarding

Word. Hopefully Osborne makes a surprise appearance in the bowl game.

Who ever Thorrell is guarding

Word. Hopefully Osborne makes a surprise appearance in the bowl game.

Or Stanley Jean-Baptiste.

I personally don't see Bo double teaming AJ. I think he'll let Fonzie man up on him and wait until AJ proves that he can beat Dennard. If and when he does then Bo will put help over the top. Just my .02

I would agree with that. No disrespect to AJ, but as Dennard has gotten healthier throughout the season you saw just how dominating he could be. He had probably his best game against Cunningham out of MSU. I'm not trying to compare Cunningham or AJ, but Pelini has a lot of confidence in Dennard to destroy whoever he is matched up against.

Some have said what is the best way to beat South Carolina. Well the DT answer was a good one, but another is call Stephen Garcia and tell him that there's a bring-your-own-keg party the night before the game at the team's hotel. Garcia was a major reason we stunk it up in every bowl game the last few years. Garcia came out cold, flat, missing open WR's, scrambling in small circles, and throwing desperation throws when he didn't need to that resulted in picks. It sounds a lot like the first few games. To his credit, though, he bailed us out of the ECU game. And he went toe-to-toe with Georgia when the defense was still trying to figure out how to gel. But after Georgia, he lost it.

But for those who think South Carolina doesn't score more than 10 points? Again, call Stephen Garcia and you might have a shot at being right.

... This guy does know that SG is no longer on the team, right? Since what? Game 5 or so? SG can be black out drunk during this bowl game and it will have absolutely no effect on the Gamecocks football team. Please remove our team name from your username ASAP. Thank you.

Some have said what is the best way to beat South Carolina. Well the DT answer was a good one, but another is call Stephen Garcia and tell him that there's a bring-your-own-keg party the night before the game at the team's hotel. Garcia was a major reason we stunk it up in every bowl game the last few years. Garcia came out cold, flat, missing open WR's, scrambling in small circles, and throwing desperation throws when he didn't need to that resulted in picks. It sounds a lot like the first few games. To his credit, though, he bailed us out of the ECU game. And he went toe-to-toe with Georgia when the defense was still trying to figure out how to gel. But after Georgia, he lost it.

But for those who think South Carolina doesn't score more than 10 points? Again, call Stephen Garcia and you might have a shot at being right.

... This guy does know that SG is no longer on the team, right? Since what? Game 5 or so? SG can be black out drunk during this bowl game and it will have absolutely no effect on the Gamecocks football team. Please remove our team name from your username ASAP. Thank you.

Really, guy?

Really?

It was sarcasm... Which I sense you don't understand.