USC v. Nebraska

johnb21

we need to at least temporarily uncensor the work c0ck

Yea...talk about a cockblock

He shoots....He scores!

+1. Haha.

Should be a fun game to watch. I'm just glad it's on the 2nd of January and not the day before. I'm not good before 3pm on New Years Day. I remember when our kickoff with Auburn started at like 10am. Ugh.

A good test to see where we stand as a program. A chance to beat the #9 team in the country with the #4 total defense in the country. Excited to see how our guys come out and if we're finally ready to pull an upset this season.

GO BIG RED!

Hello Huskers, The GAMECOCKS are here! To open, thanks to all of the great people in Omaha for being nice to our repeat National Champion Baseball teams. I know a lot of USC fans who had great things to say about the hospitality. I couldn't be happier to see that our team is playing y'all in the Cap One Bowl. This should be a really great matchup and trip to Orlando. Statistically we both matchup well with each other, we both focus on the rush more than the pass, both have duel threat qb's, and we both have top tier defenses.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2011&div=IA&site=org

Side note: can we get this whole banned word thing worked out? At least for the next several weeks, it would help if we could write "C o c k,

C o c k s, or C o c k t a s t i c."

Oh I thought this was going to be about USC. In what bizzaro universe do people actually call South Carolina USC? USC is USC. Why would you want to associate with such douchebaggery?

Our university was established AND played football well before Southern Cal. Part of their douchebaggery is stealing the USC from us. We have ALWAYS called South Carolina USC, and here on the east coast when someone says USC, no one thinks of the Lane Kiffin operated remedial football program. Thank you for listening :)

Johnb21 can you please give this to your coach

tissubox.gif

Tell him it is from the '95 Huskers.

As far as this game goes I think it is going to be a close battle.

95 Huskers = Possibly best team in the NCAA EVER. Y'all terrorized the 95 Gators. 60 something to like 21 right? lol

Our QB has been pretending all year to have this crazy throwing motion and occasionally have accuracy problems to spring the ultimate surprise in the bowl game.

Is that what it is? Well...Our team is VERY good at getting interceptions, you guys should hope so. Your running attack worries me more than that possibility. lol

I was just reading some of the posts on the 'Cockytalk' message board. It was like reading ours! They're all excited to go to Orlando-making reservations, getting tickets. Too funny! One poster told the rest of the board to be nice to us and not jerks because we're nice folks! lol Of course they want to win too. It was just like it is here. I couldn't be more pleased that we're going to play South Carolina. It will be a great game!

Yeah, most of us on CockyTalk are pretty sensible, but we have the same fans everyone else has, the fans that jump on recruits twitter and facebook when they don't sign with their team, complain like little kids. I mean... we went 10-2 in the SEC, for a program that has historically been no better than 8-4 consistently, I am very happy with our progress, especially since Garcia and Lattimore are out and down (respectively).

Welcome to our board. :) I think this will be a good game too. We've enjoyed the South Carolina fans when you come to Omaha for the College World Series. We know that your fans travel well. We also have a history with your coach, Steve Spurier, when he used to coach at Florida. He's a fun coach and it will be fun to play him again. Best wishes on the bowl game-hope it's a good one! GBR!

Thanks, and everyone remembers the 95 game against Florida. lol. We travel well to Omaha because that's our only national championship. If we get to a BCS NC in FOOTBALL....Ohhhhh Lordy Lordy, there will be a LOT of garnet on gameday.

Hello Huskers, The GAMECOCKS are here! To open, thanks to all of the great people in Omaha for being nice to our repeat National Champion Baseball teams. I know a lot of USC fans who had great things to say about the hospitality. I couldn't be happier to see that our team is playing y'all in the Cap One Bowl. This should be a really great matchup and trip to Orlando. Statistically we both matchup well with each other, we both focus on the rush more than the pass, both have duel threat qb's, and we both have top tier defenses.

http://web1.ncaa.org...div=IA&site=org

Side note: can we get this whole banned word thing worked out? At least for the next several weeks, it would help if we could write "C o c k,

I'm good with those first 2 words but I don't think there is any need/desire to be able to use cocktastic. ^_^

edit- dang it works......

http://web1.ncaa.org...div=IA&site=org

I'm good with those first 2 words but I don't think there is any need/desire to be able to use cocktastic. ^_^

edit- dang it works......

:lol: Just wait, it'll catch on!

Joined up a few weeks ago, undercover (checking out the competition :) ). I guess now that the link to cocky talk has been posted, we've been "revealed". :)

I was at the '84 game in columbia where the huskers won 27-24. I was in high school and don't remember much about the game but thinking that Tom Osborne was a BIG (tall, imposing) guy.

Honestly, I think this is a good matchup for both teams. In a nutshell, USC's defensive line is big and strong and their pass rush is insane, but they don't play the best run D, esp against the option or triple option (which plays into Nebraska's hands). One the flip side of the ball, Connor Shaw is turning into a fast mobile QB a type of which has given the huskers fits this year. SC has had a TON of injuries this year and that's a factor too. I'm sure the month off will help that situation.

If you husker fans want to see some of SC's highlights for the year, check out Gamecocks online channel on youtube. http://www.youtube.c...448071D1C6C956A I've been watching some Nebraska 's highlights as well.

Best of luck to both teams! See ya'll in Orlando....

I think this is the best possible match-up we could have gotten...

From the OWH...

Nebraska and South Carolina are a pair with similar journeys in 2011.

•   Both were hit hard by injuries. South Carolina lost star running back Marcus Lattimore midway through the season to a knee injury. NU lost several defensive players — including tackle Jared Crick ­— for entire chunks of the year.

•  Both failed to win their conference divisions, but beat the eventual division champion. Those teams — Michigan State and Georgia — are playing in the Outback Bowl at the same time as Nebraska and USC.

•  Both had a blowout November loss on the road to shoot down their BCS bowl hopes. NU lost 45-17 to Michigan. South Carolina lost 44-28 at Arkansas.

•  Both use a spread offense featuring mobile sophomore quarterbacks. The Huskers’ Taylor Martinez ran for 837 yards and nine touchdowns while the Gamecocks’ Connor Shaw ran for 483 yards and seven touchdowns, most of that coming after he took over the starting job six games into the season.

•  Both have playmakers on defense. NU relies on Butkus finalist Lavonte David and cornerback Alfonzo Dennard. South Carolina calls on two dominant defensive ends: Melvin Ingram and true freshman Jadeveon Clowney, the consensus No. 1 recruit of the 2011 class. The two have combined for 14.5 sacks and 23.5 tackles for loss.

Oh I thought this was going to be about USC. In what bizzaro universe do people actually call South Carolina USC? USC is USC. Why would you want to associate with such douchebaggery?

Our university was established AND played football well before Southern Cal. Part of their douchebaggery is stealing the USC from us. We have ALWAYS called South Carolina USC, and here on the east coast when someone says USC, no one thinks of the Lane Kiffin operated remedial football program. Thank you for listening :)

sorry but ask anyone outside the east coast area and nobody thinks of South Carolina as USC.

This year's South Carolina's team reminds me a lot of the 2007 Kansas team. They had an unusually "soft" schedule this year not having to play either Bama or LSU. The only good team from the SEC East they played was Arkansas, and they got taken behind the shed by them. If they had played Georgia later in the season, they very likely lose the game. While I don't know how we'll do against them, they're one of the better teams for us to face in the bowl.

sorry but ask anyone outside the east coast area and nobody thinks of South Carolina as USC.

It's a good thing he said on the east coast then, isn't it?

Sort of agree but I do relate USC to South Carolina as well. It depends on the context. I think we can get used to it for the next month since it is apparent. I'm used to that sort of thing though. Our local University of Northern Colorado goes by UNC and we all know who comes to mind first there. I doubt either USC fanbase correlates UNC with anyone other than North Carolina. I'm good with anything that detracts from the abomination that is SoCal.